Why bother?
    Great point and good question
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:
    I think what A-dub is saying is that when the vaccine effectiveness first was reported at up to 90%, yes, people were rejoicing. However, once we learned more about how the effectiveness wanes, but also can be thrown for a loop, depending on the next variant, so it was kind of a false hope that we were given. (however, we were given that hope since that was all that was known at the time)

I think he/she is speaking somewhat off the cuff about it, using adjectives that are absolute, when we should know they don't mean it literally. 

correct me if I'm wrong, however. 
    Correct! I'm tired of mandates and propaganda with this inferior product - current vaccine. Hopefully, they'll come up with something better in the near future. Till then, "think for yourself and question authority."
    inferior product?
    inferior product - current vaccine

Was the product inferior before Omnicron?  If you say yes, you better have some really strong data to back up such a statement.  And also tell us about the superior product comparatively. 
    Inferior to any other vaccine on the market. Besides flu vaccine, of course.
    so if have to survive on only available food like potato chips and coke, I should...starve, because they are inferior to vegetables?
    Potato chips are a vegetable
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:
    I think what A-dub is saying is that when the vaccine effectiveness first was reported at up to 90%, yes, people were rejoicing. However, once we learned more about how the effectiveness wanes, but also can be thrown for a loop, depending on the next variant, so it was kind of a false hope that we were given. (however, we were given that hope since that was all that was known at the time)

I think he/she is speaking somewhat off the cuff about it, using adjectives that are absolute, when we should know they don't mean it literally. 

Correct! I'm tired of mandates and propaganda with this inferior product - current vaccine. Hopefully, they'll come up with something better in the near future. Till then, "think for yourself and question authority."
    inferior product?

Was the product inferior before Omnicron?  If you say yes, you better have some really strong data to back up such a statement.  And also tell us about the superior product comparatively. 
    so if have to survive on only available food like potato chips and coke, I should...starve, because they are inferior to vegetables?
    THANK YOU!  I've been arguing this with my wife for years.  Anything I can put on a salad is a vegetable,  including steak. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

THANK YOU!  I've been arguing this with my wife for years.  Anything I can put on a salad is a vegetable,  including steak. 
    this means ranch is a vegetable!!! best news i have heard all week!!!!!!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,888
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

beef eats grass, grains... its plant based.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Inferior product? The one that has saved hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives?

What kind of fantasy are people living in here?

I just can't even wrap my head around.the ignorance. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

I love this place.  It affirms my faith in humans

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

We even had a repub president, Ronnie Rayguns, declare ketchup as a vegetable. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

which is dumb. tomatoes  are fruit
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    edited January 2022
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

Survive? More accurate is no appetite for force fed coke and chips while waiting for veggies.

mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    The fact that we even have a vaccine (and there are a few to choose from) is absolutely amazing. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Give me the inferior vaccine over dying any fucking day. There's my story.
    I know and I'm happy too, but can't force unfinished product on everybody. Freedom of choice.
    Other than all the data that shows the amazing efficacy at preventing hospitalization and death, and for the two original rampant variants, the efficacy at preventing the disease, you're right.  It's unfinished.  Eyeroll.  See these comments continue to reinforce why you couldn't understand that Fox interview.  
    Data? "The amazing efficacy" and record breaking cases globally as we speak. You're right. Eyeroll and a wink. 
    I guess mutation is a foreign concept to you.  There's a reason why year 2 of the Spanish Flu pandemic was far more deadly than year one.  There's a reason why the flu shot is changed every year, as the virus mutates.  These are not radical concepts for those of us that pay attention. 
     Seems like free will is radical concept. There's a reason why flu vaccine is completely useless. oftenreading said:
    AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    The fact that we even have a vaccine (and there are a few to choose from) is absolutely amazing. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

I know and I'm happy too, but can't force unfinished product on everybody. Freedom of choice.
    At what point would you consider a vaccine "finished", then, when many infectious agents mutate.
    When it stops the spread. Let's start with that. Should be one of the basics that everyone forgot about.
    Post edited by AW124797 on
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

Survive? More accurate is no appetite for force fed coke and chips while waiting for veggies.

mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Other than all the data that shows the amazing efficacy at preventing hospitalization and death, and for the two original rampant variants, the efficacy at preventing the disease, you're right.  It's unfinished.  Eyeroll.  See these comments continue to reinforce why you couldn't understand that Fox interview.  
    Data? "The amazing efficacy" and record breaking cases globally as we speak. You're right. Eyeroll and a wink. 
    I guess mutation is a foreign concept to you.  There's a reason why year 2 of the Spanish Flu pandemic was far more deadly than year one.  There's a reason why the flu shot is changed every year, as the virus mutates.  These are not radical concepts for those of us that pay attention. 
     Seems like free will is radical concept. There's a reason why flu vaccine is completely useless. oftenreading said:
    AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:

At what point would you consider a vaccine "finished", then, when many infectious agents mutate.
    When it stops the spread. Let's start with that. Should be one a the basics that everyone forgot about.

so really you speak of a people problem not a vaccine problem.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:

AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:

When it stops the spread. Let's start with that. Should be one a the basics that everyone forgot about.

so really you speak of a people problem not a vaccine problem.
    Yes, pretty much. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

It is inferior to what we were originally told it was. It was first sold as 95% effective at getting infected with the virus. We were told get the vaccine and this can go away. When it turned out it wasn’t quite as effective at preventing infections and preventing the spread, the focus turned to the lower number of hospitalizations and milder symptoms. And we’re now told get the vaccine so when you get sick you have a lesser chance of being hospitalized.
    I’m not saying we shouldn’t move the goal posts. We should as we get more data and information. But the vaccine isn’t as effective even before Omricron as originally believed. That could be considered inferior.
    Id still recommend getting to everyone I know.
  • Options
    I lost interest at “completely useless.” Good luck ‘Murica, you’re gonna need it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I lost interest at “completely useless.” Good luck ‘Murica, you’re gonna need it.
    Don't bother.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

It is inferior to what we were originally told it was. It was first sold as 95% effective at getting infected with the virus. We were told get the vaccine and this can go away. When it turned out it wasn’t quite as effective at preventing infections and preventing the spread, the focus turned to the lower number of hospitalizations and milder symptoms. And we’re now told get the vaccine so when you get sick you have a lesser chance of being hospitalized.
    I’m not saying we shouldn’t move the goal posts. We should as we get more data and information. But the vaccine isn’t as effective even before Omricron as originally believed. That could be considered inferior.
    Great points.
  • Options
    Did 100% of those eligible to be vaccinated get vaccinated? What’s the percentage of vaccinated in ‘Murica? Those who’d ride herd, what’s the “having been infected” percentage rate to gain herd immunity?

Oh yea, don’t bother.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

which is dumb. tomatoes  are fruit
    And not the only dumb thing that President said or did.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

This is a misrepresentation. The vaccine was 95% against the virus as it existed at the time.  Then it was lower against Delta but still effective.  Now less so again,  without the booster.  The science communities cannot read the future nor develop a vaccine for something that doesn't yet exist. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:

AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:

When it stops the spread. Let's start with that. Should be one of the basics that everyone forgot about.
    The flu vaccine is completely useless? Are you just bad with words? The flu vaccine is historically 40-60% effective in preventing infection.  That is not "completely", just like not "every" doctor "guaranteed life". 
     Is science binary to you?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:

AW124797 said:
    mfc2006 said:

The flu vaccine is completely useless? Are you just bad with words? The flu vaccine is historically 40-60% effective in preventing infection.  That is not "completely", just like not "every" doctor "guaranteed life". 
     Is science binary to you?
    40%? Great odds for fanatics.
  • Options
    Hey! Brakes in your car don’t prevent 100% of accidents. Completely useless. Get rid of em and don’t use them.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

This is a misrepresentation. The vaccine was 95% against the virus as it existed at the time.  Then it was lower against Delta but still effective.  Now less so again,  without the booster.  The science communities cannot read the future nor develop a vaccine for something that doesn't yet exist. 

Yes. Plenty of excuses for inferior product. Let's hear again about hospitalization/death rate/mild symptoms. 
  • Options
    Hey! Brakes in your car don’t prevent 100% of accidents. Completely useless. Get rid of em and don’t use them.
    You mentioned "lost interest?"
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:

inferior product?

Yes. Plenty of excuses for inferior product. Let's hear again about hospitalization/death rate/mild symptoms. 
    You’re really bad at distilling information.  Let me guess… you’re Trumpy.
  • Options
    Right. I knew it was coming. Can't keep it civil when somebody has a different opinion. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    You mentioned "lost interest?"
    As had you. But you also haven’t defended your positions or declarations very well. I’m not sure why that is, though.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Right. I knew it was coming. Can't keep it civil when somebody has a different opinion. 
    Your opinion is unsupported by the facts.  When challenged, you claim you lost interest.  You write in absolutes, seeing a binary world.  Asking if you’re Trumpy is uncivil?  
  • Options
    US is 59th in the world in vaccine status, behind Iran.  Also, we’re the lowest of any wealthy country.  It’s probably because we’re the best at doing our own research, along with owning the libs.  I’m proud.  

This discussion has been closed.