Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    if you are a heavy cannabis smoker you should not be giving out any health advice. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,127
    brianlux said:
    Lots of high level discussion and data in this thread lately...

How are you feeling. Cincy?  Kicking that viruses butt, I hope!
    Thanks to Pfizer I am winning.  A bit of a rollercoaster, but I feel fortunate.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    if you are a heavy cannabis smoker you should not be giving out any health advice. 
    In his defense, he did say “user” and not “smoker”.  
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:

Happy to hear it. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    brianlux said:

Great!  Keep it up!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    What ever happened to good common sense medical practice?
    Doctors Nurses and Smoking Smoking Among Medical Professionals

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

haha, love those old ads! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:

haha, love those old ads! 

And my folks couldn't understand it when I started smoking at 15.  :lol: 

• Options
    At least I wasn't this young:

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    brianlux said:
    At least I wasn't this young:

I still can't believe they taught this baby to smoke.  So irresponsible.  

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    AW124797 said:
    JB16057 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Hey! Brakes in your car don’t prevent 100% of accidents. Completely useless. Get rid of em and don’t use them.
    You mentioned "lost interest?"
    As had you. But you also haven’t defended your positions or declarations very well. I’m not sure why that is, though.
    Simple - you believe in Jesus and I believe in Santa. Or vice versa. I forgot.
    Oh the sweet baby jebus! Santa is real! Still can’t defend your opines, eh? Well, Christmas is coming and if you’re good, Santa will help you.
    Do I really have to defend record breaking cases globally after one year of vaccination? I'm sure you've heard. Or ineffective flu vaccine at 40%? What else? 
    What percentage of folks have to have had covid to reach herd immunity? What percentage of those with covid, hospitalized and dying are unvaccinated? Versus those who are?

Is seasonal flu eradicated? How about aids? SARS? Or any other type of viral infection disease?

If not 100%, it’s not effective? That’s just dumb. Drunk driving laws? Not effective, get rid of them. And hey! Go out and drunk drive everyone because, well, we can’t stop it 100% anyway. And age limits for guns? Why? You’re not stopping kids from killing others, right? What’s the point? And child proof caps on cleaning chemicals and medicine. Just a pain in the ass. Get rid of them. Lighters? Those Bic lighters where you’ve got to press two buttons simultaneously while you flick to get it to light? Dumb! Go back to the old school lighters. Airbags? No good, either.

Is everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated, vaccinated?
    How do you have time for all of this? Wasted your whole day...
    Took me about a minute and I must say, I’m entertained by our exchanges but hardly enlightened. I miss the old days. Sigh (through my mask).
    What did you want me to say? Counter argue they should ban alcohol, cigarettes and (most importantly) sugar? It's pointless. By the way, you meant to say - through my double mask.
    Out of curiosity, do you think that life insurance companies will raise the rates on or refuse coverage for unvaccinated people in the same way they do for cigarette smokers, alcoholics, and obese people?  

Probably?  If something makes the odds too high of having to pay out, the insurance companies won't want to insure it.   There whole model works on everyone chipping into a pot, but only so many people need to take from the pot.    If unvaxxed people have too great a chance of landing in the hospital, it would tip those scales.
    Exactly.  But it’s probably a pointless topic since most anti-vax idiots are probably too selfish and inconsiderate to consider life insurance anyway.  That, and I think some of them truly believe they are invincible.  I can’t keep up with their delusions anymore.
    Why would you say "anti-vax idiots?" It's equivalent to "fat idiots." Over 50% of forum users are obese. Why not tell them to slow down on donut, coke and midnight snack consumption? Or mandate calorie intake restrictions. Same thing. Health choices.
    By far the dumbest analogy I’ve seen lately, congrats.  If you didn’t believe eating donuts and cokes makes you fat, then yes, I would call you a fat idiot.  Where is your data that 50% of forum users are obese?  You state that as a fact with no research?  Sounds like you just believe what you want to with only assumptions to credit for those beliefs.  Sounds like a fabulous way to go about making medical decisions.
    How is that the dumbest analogy? Did you know that much like the vaccine, there are plenty of studies that show that being overweight isn't healthy for you? Obesity has been on of COVID's biggest issues. Many of the people that have died are obese. It isn't hard to exercise yet people still don't do it. Funny how all of the anti-vax shamers don't go after the obese in the same way. If more people lived a healthier life, many lives could've been saved during this pandemic. Are obese people selfish? They take up hospital beds because of their life choices. They make life decisions to not be healthy much like the unvaccinated make their decision.

Thank you!
    Your analogy is right on point and don't let anyone tell you anything different. Obese people make the decision to be obese much like the unvaccinated make their decision to not be vaccinated. Both have all the information they need but still make their own decision to be not be healthy. I am not advocating that everyone starts to shame the obese. To be clear, we shouldn't be shaming either group because it's only going to cause more division. There is a plethora of unhealthy decisions made every day by many of us yet the unvaccinated are the only ones being attacked daily.

It only works if the argument is related to hospitals.  But you could counter that by recognizing that the hospital system we have is developed for the demographics as they exist today, which includes the obese.  So yes, if we had fewer obese, we'd have fewer people in the hospital, but because that's a long societal curve, we'd also have fewer beds available.  Ergo, it would be likely that the pandemic would still tax the hospital system.  This is just basic second/third order effect reasoning. 

Obesity is NOT a contagion.  That's the difference.  
    you all be careful, or i am gonna breathe all over you and give you some of this obesity.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    There must be a non-virus health thread around here somewhere. Please use it or start one so this thread is back on topic. Thank you.
    Also, be very careful how you speak to each other in your discussions. Posting Guidelines. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    CDC projects 62,000 deaths in US over the next 4 weeks from Omnicron.

And the vast majority of those that lose their lives will be the unvaccinated.  In NY, the data shows unvax's are hospitalized 14X greater rate than vaccinated during this surge of Omnicron.  Which is a larger gap than per-omnicron.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    I tested positive today. Headache and body aches, low grade fever, coughing and congestion started yesterday. So far, it's tolerable with the Aleve I've been taking. Had my Pfizer booster in Sept so I'm sure that's helping keep it mild. I've tried so hard to avoid catching it. Oh well. Kind of felt inevitable with Omicron and working in retail.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I tested positive today. Headache and body aches, low grade fever, coughing and congestion started yesterday. So far, it's tolerable with the Aleve I've been taking. Had my Pfizer booster in Sept so I'm sure that's helping keep it mild. I've tried so hard to avoid catching it. Oh well. Kind of felt inevitable with Omicron and working in retail.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Take care.  Yes I agree.  I'm in manufacturing and worked the entire time.  Lots of good protocols but Omnicron changed the game and after 2 years I did take a couple of risks and the last one got me.  I found it to be a bit of a rollercoaster with feeling better than a little worse the next day.  take care, isolate and be safe.

Isolation and masks in house do help.  My wife and kid (both vax'd but kid not boosted yet as just recently eligible) tested negative.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    brianlux said:

Hope you feel better soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Take care.  Yes I agree.  I'm in manufacturing and worked the entire time.  Lots of good protocols but Omnicron changed the game and after 2 years I did take a couple of risks and the last one got me.  I found it to be a bit of a rollercoaster with feeling better than a little worse the next day.  take care, isolate and be safe.

Isolation and masks in house do help.  My wife and kid (both vax'd but kid not boosted yet as just recently eligible) tested negative.
    Thank you.
    The only risk I've taken lately (besides being surrounded by too many Costco shoppers), is eat in the breakroom. I had been going outside but it's been pretty cold in Texas lately. I should have eaten in my car.
    You feel better soon too!
  • Options
    get well, get well soon we want you to get well! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    In many way the vaccine is typical of how we think in Canada and the US.  We know the vaccine helps, but we do not know the future of the vaccine or how effective it will be against future variants…but we do know living a healthy lifestyle does help…but as usual we are too lazy to live a healthy lifestyle and instead rely on medicine…maybe try both…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    Cincy & Runsinto, I hope you guys are back to 100% soon. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    In many way the vaccine is typical of how we think in Canada and the US.  We know the vaccine helps, but we do not know the future of the vaccine or how effective it will be against future variants…but we do know living a healthy lifestyle does help…but as usual we are too lazy to live a healthy lifestyle and instead rely on medicine…maybe try both…
    Regarding what you mentioned earlier about cannabis:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-12/cannabis-compounds-prevented-covid-infection-in-laboratory-study
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    oh man i am sorry to hear. hope you feel better soon and that it stays mild. 

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Regarding what you mentioned earlier about cannabis:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-12/cannabis-compounds-prevented-covid-infection-in-laboratory-study
    Nothing will deter me in my belief of cannabis benefits.  I do realize it’s not for all.  I’ve been Covid free and have worked for 2 employers in which social distancing was impossible…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I have been wondering about this as I see some people eager to get their 4th shot inside of a year.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options

Sorry to hear that.    I hope it's not too bad and you get well soon!

• Options
    brianlux said:

I had a dr in high school that used to smoke and drink whiskey while consulting his patients…crazy
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.