Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Hey! Brakes in your car don’t prevent 100% of accidents. Completely useless. Get rid of em and don’t use them.
    You mentioned "lost interest?"
    As had you. But you also haven’t defended your positions or declarations very well. I’m not sure why that is, though.
    Simple - you believe in Jesus and I believe in Santa. Or vice versa. I forgot.
    Oh the sweet baby jebus! Santa is real! Still can’t defend your opines, eh? Well, Christmas is coming and if you’re good, Santa will help you.
    Do I really have to defend record breaking cases globally after one year of vaccination? I'm sure you've heard. Or ineffective flu vaccine at 40%? What else? 
    What percentage of folks have to have had covid to reach herd immunity? What percentage of those with covid, hospitalized and dying are unvaccinated? Versus those who are?

Is seasonal flu eradicated? How about aids? SARS? Or any other type of viral infection disease?

If not 100%, it’s not effective? That’s just dumb. Drunk driving laws? Not effective, get rid of them. And hey! Go out and drunk drive everyone because, well, we can’t stop it 100% anyway. And age limits for guns? Why? You’re not stopping kids from killing others, right? What’s the point? And child proof caps on cleaning chemicals and medicine. Just a pain in the ass. Get rid of them. Lighters? Those Bic lighters where you’ve got to press two buttons simultaneously while you flick to get it to light? Dumb! Go back to the old school lighters. Airbags? No good, either.

Is everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated, vaccinated?
    How do you have time for all of this? Wasted your whole day...
    Took me about a minute and I must say, I’m entertained by our exchanges but hardly enlightened. I miss the old days. Sigh (through my mask).
    What did you want me to say? Counter argue they should ban alcohol, cigarettes and (most importantly) sugar? It's pointless. By the way, you meant to say - through my double mask.
    Out of curiosity, do you think that life insurance companies will raise the rates on or refuse coverage for unvaccinated people in the same way they do for cigarette smokers, alcoholics, and obese people?  
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Hey! Brakes in your car don’t prevent 100% of accidents. Completely useless. Get rid of em and don’t use them.
    As had you. But you also haven’t defended your positions or declarations very well. I’m not sure why that is, though.
    Oh the sweet baby jebus! Santa is real! Still can’t defend your opines, eh? Well, Christmas is coming and if you’re good, Santa will help you.
    Do I really have to defend record breaking cases globally after one year of vaccination? I'm sure you've heard. Or ineffective flu vaccine at 40%? What else? 
    What percentage of folks have to have had covid to reach herd immunity? What percentage of those with covid, hospitalized and dying are unvaccinated? Versus those who are?

Is seasonal flu eradicated? How about aids? SARS? Or any other type of viral infection disease?

If not 100%, it’s not effective? That’s just dumb. Drunk driving laws? Not effective, get rid of them. And hey! Go out and drunk drive everyone because, well, we can’t stop it 100% anyway. And age limits for guns? Why? You’re not stopping kids from killing others, right? What’s the point? And child proof caps on cleaning chemicals and medicine. Just a pain in the ass. Get rid of them. Lighters? Those Bic lighters where you’ve got to press two buttons simultaneously while you flick to get it to light? Dumb! Go back to the old school lighters. Airbags? No good, either.

Took me about a minute and I must say, I’m entertained by our exchanges but hardly enlightened. I miss the old days. Sigh (through my mask).
    What did you want me to say? Counter argue they should ban alcohol, cigarettes and (most importantly) sugar? It's pointless. By the way, you meant to say - through my double mask.
    Out of curiosity, do you think that life insurance companies will raise the rates on or refuse coverage for unvaccinated people in the same way they do for cigarette smokers, alcoholics, and obese people?  
    i sold life insurance in 2009 and 2010. i would bet money the insurance companies will do this.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

i sold life insurance in 2009 and 2010. i would bet money the insurance companies will do this.
    I 100% think they will too.  It may very well bleed over to regular health insurance too if I were to guess.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,319
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Probably?  If something makes the odds too high of having to pay out, the insurance companies won't want to insure it.   There whole model works on everyone chipping into a pot, but only so many people need to take from the pot.    If unvaxxed people have too great a chance of landing in the hospital, it would tip those scales.
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 646
    Zod said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Omicron may be headed for a rapid drop in US and Britain
    By MARIA CHENG and CARLA K. JOHNSON
    Today

Scientists are seeing signals that COVID-19′s alarming omicron wave may have peaked in Britain and is about to do the same in the U.S., at which point cases may start dropping off dramatically.

The reason: The variant has proved so wildly contagious that it may already be running out of people to infect, just a month and a half after it was first detected in South Africa.

“It’s going to come down as fast as it went up,” said Ali Mokdad, a professor of health metrics sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle.

At the same time, experts warn that much is still uncertain about how the next phase of the pandemic might unfold. The plateauing or ebbing in the two countries is not happening everywhere at the same time or at the same pace. And weeks or months of misery still lie ahead for patients and overwhelmed hospitals even if the drop-off comes to pass.

“There are still a lot of people who will get infected as we descend the slope on the backside,” said Lauren Ancel Meyers, director of the University of Texas COVID-19 Modeling Consortium, which predicts that reported cases will peak within the week.

The University of Washington's own highly influential model projects that the number of daily reported cases in the U.S. will crest at 1.2 million by Jan. 19 and will then fall sharply “simply because everybody who could be infected will be infected,” according to Mokdad.

continues.   

Very well. Just in time for Eddie.

the problem being they might have to make the call before that happens?
    We might be in the clear after these reports. Less than a month left. Too much work to reschedule.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Nope. Through my mask to end all masks. Me grocery shopping the other day. Can’t wait to wear it to a show!

What show? Aren't you pro-cancellations?

That's a proper rig.
    Disney on Ice. I bought a row in the upper deck. I’ll be by myself. I think I should be okay.

Pro-cancellations? Just of con talking heads, celebrities, sports stars, politicians and Karens.
    Fits the profile.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Probably?  If something makes the odds too high of having to pay out, the insurance companies won't want to insure it.   There whole model works on everyone chipping into a pot, but only so many people need to take from the pot.    If unvaxxed people have too great a chance of landing in the hospital, it would tip those scales.
    Exactly.  But it’s probably a pointless topic since most anti-vax idiots are probably too selfish and inconsiderate to consider life insurance anyway.  That, and I think some of them truly believe they are invincible.  I can’t keep up with their delusions anymore.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Nope. Through my mask to end all masks. Me grocery shopping the other day. Can’t wait to wear it to a show!

That's a proper rig.
    Disney on Ice. I bought a row in the upper deck. I’ll be by myself. I think I should be okay.

Pro-cancellations? Just of con talking heads, celebrities, sports stars, politicians and Karens.
    Fits the profile.
    Oooooooo, a profiler! What was that about "assumptions" again?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Exactly.  But it’s probably a pointless topic since most anti-vax idiots are probably too selfish and inconsiderate to consider life insurance anyway.  That, and I think some of them truly believe they are invincible.  I can’t keep up with their delusions anymore.
    Why would you say "anti-vax idiots?" It's equivalent to "fat idiots." Over 50% of forum users are obese. Why not tell them to slow down on donut, coke and midnight snack consumption? Or mandate calorie intake restrictions. Same thing. Health choices.
    Post edited by AW124797 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,694
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Why would you say "anti-vax idiots?" It's equivalent to "fat idiots." Over 50% of forum users are obese. Why not tell them to slow down on donut, coke and midnight snack consumption? Or mandate calorie intake restrictions. Same thing.
    Is fat contagious?
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

That's a proper rig.

Fits the profile.
    Oooooooo, a profiler! What was that about "assumptions" again?
    I presumed it's ok to profile back since we were over the first step.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Why would you say "anti-vax idiots?" It's equivalent to "fat idiots." Over 50% of forum users are obese. Why not tell them to slow down on donut, coke and midnight snack consumption? Or mandate calorie intake restrictions. Same thing.
    it's not the same thing, but I do see your point. It's not just anti-vaxxers clogging up the health care system; it's also the very unhealthy, especially the unhealthy by "choice", which, admittedly, is a category I fall into. I'm trying to improve, but it's not easy. 

getting the jab, however, is easy as pie. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Is fat contagious?
    Vaccinated don't spread?
  • Options
    The "logic" around here sometimes. I'm telling you, 'Murica is fucked.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    The "logic" around here sometimes. I'm telling you, 'Murica is fucked.
    That's total bullshit. America is not fucked. The "logic" around here? This message board is full of liberals so that's the main drive of logic "around here".

If there was only 1 party, only 1 mindset, America never would have survived. It takes all kinds whether you agree with them or not.

• Options

Some surprises, at least to me, in this article.

Toxic Culture Is Driving the Great Resignation

Research using employee data reveals the top five predictors of attrition and four actions managers can take in the short term to reduce attrition.

More than 40% of all employees were thinking about leaving their jobs at the beginning of 2021, and as the year went on, workers quit in unprecedented numbers.1 Between April and September 2021, more than 24 million American employees left their jobs, an all-time record.2 As the Great Resignation rolls on, business leaders are struggling to make sense of the factors driving the mass exodus. More importantly, they are looking for ways to hold on to valued employees.

To better understand the sources of the Great Resignation and help leaders respond effectively, we analyzed 34 million online employee profiles to identify U.S. workers who left their employer for any reason (including quitting, retiring, or being laid off) between April and September 2021.3 The data, from Revelio Labs, where one of us (Ben) is the CEO, enabled us to estimate company-level attrition rates for the Culture 500, a sample of large, mainly for-profit companies that together employ nearly one-quarter of the private-sector workforce in the United States.4

While resignation rates are high on average, they are not uniform across companies. Attrition rates for the six months we studied ranged from less than 2% to more than 30% across companies. Industry explains part of this variation. The graph below shows the estimated attrition rate for 38 industries from April through September, and the spread across industries is striking. (See “Industry Average Attrition Rate in the Great Resignation.”) Apparel retailers, on average, lost employees at three times the rate of airlines, medical device makers, and health insurers.

Let’s take a closer look at each of the top five predictors of employee turnover.

Toxic corporate culture. A toxic corporate culture is by far the strongest predictor of industry-adjusted attrition and is 10 times more important than compensation in predicting turnover. Our analysis found that the leading elements contributing to toxic cultures include failure to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion; workers feeling disrespected; and unethical behavior. In an upcoming article, we will dive deeper into each of these factors and examine different ways managers and employees can spot signals of toxic culture.8 For now, the important point is that a toxic culture is the biggest factor pushing employees out the door during the Great Resignation.

Continues............

https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/toxic-culture-is-driving-the-great-resignation/

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Is fat contagious?
    Yes, I cought fat last week. 

Symptoms were mild, back to 100% now.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Why would you say "anti-vax idiots?" It's equivalent to "fat idiots." Over 50% of forum users are obese. Why not tell them to slow down on donut, coke and midnight snack consumption? Or mandate calorie intake restrictions. Same thing. Health choices.
    By far the dumbest analogy I’ve seen lately, congrats.  If you didn’t believe eating donuts and cokes makes you fat, and you were trying to not be obese, then yes, I would call you a fat idiot.  Where is your data that 50% of forum users are obese?  You state that as a fact with no research?  Sounds like you just believe what you want to with only assumptions to credit for those beliefs.  Sounds like a fabulous way to go about making medical decisions.
    Fact: data from vaccines show that they are safe and very effective in most cases.
    Fact:  eating donuts can make you fat
    If you deny either of the above, in my book, you are an idiot (but that’s just an assumption on my part).
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Is fat contagious?
    Vaccinated don't spread?
    Once again... for alpha variant, which the vaccine was designed to combat, it was proven to be 95% effective to prevent disease.  So yes, vaccinated spread, but only 5% of people vaccinated for the first, deadly wave were capable of spreading.  Math is hard, and math combined with public health is damned near impossible for some. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

By far the dumbest analogy I’ve seen lately, congrats.  If you didn’t believe eating donuts and cokes makes you fat, then yes, I would call you a fat idiot.  Where is your data that 50% of forum users are obese?  You state that as a fact with no research?  Sounds like you just believe what you want to with only assumptions to credit for those beliefs.  Sounds like a fabulous way to go about making medical decisions.
    How is that the dumbest analogy? Did you know that much like the vaccine, there are plenty of studies that show that being overweight isn't healthy for you? Obesity has been on of COVID's biggest issues. Many of the people that have died are obese. It isn't hard to exercise yet people still don't do it. Funny how all of the anti-vax shamers don't go after the obese in the same way. If more people lived a healthier life, many lives could've been saved during this pandemic. Are obese people selfish? They take up hospital beds because of their life choices. They make life decisions to not be healthy much like the unvaccinated make their decision.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Is fat contagious?
    Vaccinated don't spread?
    Once again... for alpha variant, which the vaccine was designed to combat, it was proven to be 95% effective to prevent disease.  So yes, vaccinated spread, but only 5% of people vaccinated for the first, deadly wave were capable of spreading.  Math is hard, and math combined with public health is damned near impossible for some. 
    Once again? Sorry to tell you but the Alpha variant is LONG GONE and your 5% means absolutely nothing. The vaccinated are spreading this like wildfire now so you're 5% example does not matter.

• Options

Some surprises, at least to me, in this article.

Toxic Culture Is Driving the Great Resignation

Research using employee data reveals the top five predictors of attrition and four actions managers can take in the short term to reduce attrition.

More than 40% of all employees were thinking about leaving their jobs at the beginning of 2021, and as the year went on, workers quit in unprecedented numbers.1 Between April and September 2021, more than 24 million American employees left their jobs, an all-time record.2 As the Great Resignation rolls on, business leaders are struggling to make sense of the factors driving the mass exodus. More importantly, they are looking for ways to hold on to valued employees.

To better understand the sources of the Great Resignation and help leaders respond effectively, we analyzed 34 million online employee profiles to identify U.S. workers who left their employer for any reason (including quitting, retiring, or being laid off) between April and September 2021.3 The data, from Revelio Labs, where one of us (Ben) is the CEO, enabled us to estimate company-level attrition rates for the Culture 500, a sample of large, mainly for-profit companies that together employ nearly one-quarter of the private-sector workforce in the United States.4

While resignation rates are high on average, they are not uniform across companies. Attrition rates for the six months we studied ranged from less than 2% to more than 30% across companies. Industry explains part of this variation. The graph below shows the estimated attrition rate for 38 industries from April through September, and the spread across industries is striking. (See “Industry Average Attrition Rate in the Great Resignation.”) Apparel retailers, on average, lost employees at three times the rate of airlines, medical device makers, and health insurers.

Let’s take a closer look at each of the top five predictors of employee turnover.

Toxic corporate culture. A toxic corporate culture is by far the strongest predictor of industry-adjusted attrition and is 10 times more important than compensation in predicting turnover. Our analysis found that the leading elements contributing to toxic cultures include failure to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion; workers feeling disrespected; and unethical behavior. In an upcoming article, we will dive deeper into each of these factors and examine different ways managers and employees can spot signals of toxic culture.8 For now, the important point is that a toxic culture is the biggest factor pushing employees out the door during the Great Resignation.

Continues............

https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/toxic-culture-is-driving-the-great-resignation/

So the statement that "failure to promote diversity, equity and inclusion" was something that stood out to me as being really odd.  It was too PC to be something that could be picked up in this type of analysis where you're pouring through public data.   When you follow the caption, it makes more sense.  Respect/Abuse would absolutely be something that causes people to quit.  In fact, relationship with your manager tends to rank even higher in importance than pay.  But to turn around and say that respect/abuse = failure to promote equity, inclusion, etc. is a reach... at best.  

Jason Sockin finds that “respect/abuse,” a topic that overlaps with our definition of toxic culture, is the single best predictor of employee satisfaction. See J. Sockin, “Show Me the Amenity: Are Higher-Paying Firms Better All Around?” SSRN, Nov. 18, 2021, https://papers.ssrn.com
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

By far the dumbest analogy I’ve seen lately, congrats.  If you didn’t believe eating donuts and cokes makes you fat, and you were trying to not be obese, then yes, I would call you a fat idiot.  Where is your data that 50% of forum users are obese?  You state that as a fact with no research?  Sounds like you just believe what you want to with only assumptions to credit for those beliefs.  Sounds like a fabulous way to go about making medical decisions.
    Fact: data from vaccines show that they are safe and very effective in most cases.
    If you deny either of the above, in my book, you are an idiot (but that’s just an assumption on my part).
    And to be fair, PJ Power is absolutely one of our conservative friends here.  We've had plenty of throw downs.  So. he's no flaming lib. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Is fat contagious?
    Vaccinated don't spread?
    Once again, we have a fresh new variant. Do the math on that.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

it's estimated 48% of americans are obese, so, assuming the fan club is also a decent enough sample size to reflect society, 50% wouldn't be a far off estimate. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2022
    JB16057 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

By far the dumbest analogy I’ve seen lately, congrats.  If you didn’t believe eating donuts and cokes makes you fat, then yes, I would call you a fat idiot.  Where is your data that 50% of forum users are obese?  You state that as a fact with no research?  Sounds like you just believe what you want to with only assumptions to credit for those beliefs.  Sounds like a fabulous way to go about making medical decisions.
    How is that the dumbest analogy? Did you know that much like the vaccine, there are plenty of studies that show that being overweight isn't healthy for you? Obesity has been on of COVID's biggest issues. Many of the people that have died are obese. It isn't hard to exercise yet people still don't do it. Funny how all of the anti-vax shamers don't go after the obese in the same way. If more people lived a healthier life, many lives could've been saved during this pandemic. Are obese people selfish? They take up hospital beds because of their life choices. They make life decisions to not be healthy much like the unvaccinated make their decision.

Where did anyone say that being obese is not a contributing factor?  The main difference is that most people know being obese is unhealthy and that they probably should make changes to avoid medical issues.  The difference is that most anti-vax idiots completely avoid the research and facts all together promoting that not taking the vaccine is the healthy way to go…that’s the idiocracy of it.
    Denying that vaccines help is like denying that being overweight is unhealthy.  I do not see anyone doing the latter…
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Is fat contagious?
    Vaccinated don't spread?
    Once again, we have a fresh new variant. Do the math on that.
    Exactly.  So why do you expect the scientists to be clairvoyant and create a vax for something that didn't exist at the time?  They saved millions of lives with the vaccine for Alpha and Delta.  Vaccines suck because the virus mutated?  Your positions make no sense.. at all.  Not even a little.  
  • Options
    dance, clairvoyant, DANCE!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Zod said:
    PJPOWER said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.