2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I tend to be in the.. it's probably best to hold off for a bit.  Not forever.. but the bigger the gap between the announcement date and the concert dates the higher the odds that something Covid related derails it.   It does seem that a fair amount of the recent tours had really short lead times.  Things are ok, let's strike right now while the gettin's good kind of thing.

I don't think I need a lot of lead time to plan a trip to Oakland.   If the tour is in March/April, being announced in Jan would be ok.
  • Zod said:
    I tend to be in the.. it's probably best to hold off for a bit.  Not forever.. but the bigger the gap between the announcement date and the concert dates the higher the odds that something Covid related derails it.   It does seem that a fair amount of the recent tours had really short lead times.  Things are ok, let's strike right now while the gettin's good kind of thing.

I don't think I need a lot of lead time to plan a trip to Oakland.   If the tour is in March/April, being announced in Jan would be ok.
    The odds of a Covid outbreak in March are the same whether the March shows are announced now or in February.  Give us the dates already!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    edited October 2021
    Zod said:

I think most would agree a January announcement for March/April dates are more than feasible, me included.

I also think the majority would at least like an update on whether the announcement will be in 2021 or 2022. That's asking a lot, I know.

But, I know a lot of folks have to use vouchers by December. So, if they announced "We look forward to announcing the NA tour dates in early 2022", that opens up those vouchers for people to use on something else. 
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited October 2021
    It's not covid related delay. It's just timing the announcement.  All major sports are pumping right along and so are other concerts. The band has seen the after effects of the festivals now. Which turned out to be nothing of consequence. 

Selfishly, it would be nice to know this month. I have to decide what to do with 80 hours of PTO by november 1. It's frustrating seeing new events rolling out and this being suppressed.  
    I'm speculating but I disagree and think the wait has everything to do with COVID.  PJ already sold out all these shows- they're not holding back because of sports and other concerts.  
    How many are still sold out though?  The marketplace, whenever it goes live again, is going to have TONS of tickets.

I've personally refunded 6 of my 8 shows at this point and I cant be alone

Baltimore and MSG will still be incredibly difficult tickets, no doubt.  But I am expecting some empty arenas along the way (STL, OKC)

Its not IMPOSSIBLE for PJ to have a weak crowd.  Tulsa 2014 had full upper level sections completely empty (not behind the stage either)
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Zod said:

What about all of those out there that have credits expiring or vacation to book? Even if an early announcement does not benefit you would it not be great for others?
    It's not covid related delay. It's just timing the announcement.  All major sports are pumping right along and so are other concerts. The band has seen the after effects of the festivals now. Which turned out to be nothing of consequence. 

Selfishly, it would be nice to know this month. I have to decide what to do with 80 hours of PTO by november 1. It's frustrating seeing new events rolling out and this being suppressed.  
    I'm speculating but I disagree and think the wait has everything to do with COVID.  PJ already sold out all these shows- they're not holding back because of sports and other concerts.  
    How many are still sold out though?  The marketplace, whenever it goes live again, is going to have TONS of tickets.

I think the manager for the QC show said they have over 10k tickets to sell.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    PJNB said:

Might be a good reason to renew my passport! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    PJNB said:

So almost the entire arena minus the pit lol
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJNB said:

was thinking of hitting this show. might have to think about it again if/when it gets announced. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJNB said:

It is a 19k plus for concerts so close to half and the back was not sold out prepandemic
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    PJNB said:

I (unfortunately) had to refund my pit tickets for QC, so there's at least a pair up for grabs
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    It is my understanding that Ohana has a strict strict curfew. Even if they wanted to break the curfew they aren’t allowed to even if they paid 
    The web page for Doheny State park lists after 10 pm as quiet hours and I imagine the residents that live around there are probably not real open to loud music late into the night. I would have loved for them to keep playing, but angry State officials and residents is a good recipe for cancelling future events.  
    (I could still hear 'em playing, while across the Pacific Coast highway Sat. Oct 2- wasn't too loud- but could hear it outside in the nearby neighborhood...)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    PJNB said:

was thinking of hitting this show. might have to think about it again if/when it gets announced. 
    I was thinking of doing this one as well, and maybe Toronto if I can get a ticket. I am embarrassed to say that I have never been to Canada - so I was thinking of making a little vacation out of it.

GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

I was thinking of doing this one as well, and maybe Toronto if I can get a ticket. I am embarrassed to say that I have never been to Canada - so I was thinking of making a little vacation out of it.

Hopefully the routing of shows is better this time around. 2020 had Toronto to Ottawa to Quebec City and all the way back to Hamilton. Pain in the ass to get back to Hamilton for us east coasters. 

If you were serious about coming up for the shows a bunch of us can help out though the rumoured months are likely not the best to see our country unless you like skiing. Also just guessing if you were doing TO and QC there will be at least one show in between so might as well make a week of it! 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

Hopefully the routing of shows is better this time around. 2020 had Toronto to Ottawa to Quebec City and all the way back to Hamilton. Pain in the ass to get back to Hamilton for us east coasters. 

If you were serious about coming up for the shows a bunch of us can help out though the rumoured months are likely not the best to see our country unless you like skiing. Also just guessing if you were doing TO and QC there will be at least one show in between so might as well make a week of it! 
    Thanks so much. I hope the dates work out. I will definitely reach out to some of you awesome Canadians for sightseeing advice, as well as advice about which shows to see. I hope we hear something soon.

• jefftjefft Posts: 649
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

To,Hamilton, Ottawa, Quebec would be nice.

• PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

Quebec City in March is a perfect time to visit! With a few off days before/after you could even hit the new Club Med resort (Le Massif) about 90 minutes east of QC, which can even be done by train from downtown. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

It doesn’t make sense to have Toronto and Hamilton back to back.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

Why not? 
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

Quebec City in March is a perfect time to visit! With a few off days before/after you could even hit the new Club Med resort (Le Massif) about 90 minutes east of QC, which can even be done by train from downtown. 
    I am actually excited to see all of these cities in the winter or early spring. I have seen them all in the summer multiple times so it will be great to see a different season there. Really interested in seeing the Niagara Falls too in the colder months.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

Why not? 
    If you want to sell out Hamilton you distance it from Toronto on the calendar. The original slot wasn’t chosen randomly. The Canadian promoter understands the market.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    jefft said:
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

Why not? 
    If you want to sell out Hamilton you distance it from Toronto on the calendar. The original slot wasn’t chosen randomly. The Canadian promoter understands the market.
    Disney On Ice and other events had the arena booked in Hamilton around the TO date. They were so late booking the tour barely anything was available to them.  
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    Hamilton will sell out in a heart beat regardless of where it is in the schedule.  Can't see any issue there.  Anyone who gets shut out in TO will be looking.  Also anyone in the Golden horseshoe may want to do both. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    PJNB said:

I am actually excited to see all of these cities in the winter or early spring. I have seen them all in the summer multiple times so it will be great to see a different season there. Really interested in seeing the Niagara Falls too in the colder months.
    I college, I went to Niagara Falls during Spring Break. It was really cool. The trees were all crystallized from the frozen mist. 
    edited October 2021
    hihobibo said:
    PJNB said:

I college, I went to Niagara Falls during Spring Break. It was really cool. The trees were all crystallized from the frozen mist. 
    Ya I can only imagine how beautiful it is. We had a hotel booked with a fallsview for a great price in 2020. We plan on doing that again for sure next year.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    GlowGirl said:
    PJNB said:

B) 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Canada!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Whatever the order in CA, I know we need an extra night at MSG. So, MSG I, II, Apollo (?), then Balty. And play Vitalogy there ;-)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    Go Animal said:
    Whatever the order in CA, I know we need an extra night at MSG. So, MSG I, II, Apollo (?), then Balty. And play Vitalogy there ;-)
    if we're adding, then let's do Montreal too!
  • biz999 said:
    Go Animal said:
    if we're adding, then let's do Montreal too!
    I think the Videotron Centre has exclusivity in Quebec, hence an Ottawa show.  

@PJNB Toronto and Hamilton in winter are nothing exciting to see.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023