Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    April please and thank you.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    100 Pacer said:
    April please and thank you.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,770
    vedpunk said:
    At some point they have to realize they can’t control everything and need to take a leap of faith and announce the dates.  If the borders are closed, so be it.  Serving the local fans might do them some good.    If they wait too long, there’s going to be some very empty arenas anyway, as fans allocate funds and travel to other shows.  If you’re not vaccinated by now, that’s on you.  The rest of us are ready to move forward.  
    And if anything, the fan-to-fan exchange would open back up to help plan ahead. If people cannot travel for any reason (pandemic, new dates don’t work, etc), fans have a way to unload tickets and others don’t pay marked up prices. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,848
    vedpunk said:
    At some point they have to realize they can’t control everything and need to take a leap of faith and announce the dates.  If the borders are closed, so be it.  Serving the local fans might do them some good.    If they wait too long, there’s going to be some very empty arenas anyway, as fans allocate funds and travel to other shows.  If you’re not vaccinated by now, that’s on you.  The rest of us are ready to move forward.  
    There is not going to be "very empty arenas" whenever they decide to play.  

severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    vedpunk said:

I don’t think so either but I also thought encore would sell out with ease.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

Not too many venues can sell out over four nights.  Night one of the spectrum run wasn’t sold out.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    I’ve been following the secondary market for the Bruins and Celtics; as I do in any “normal” year. (I love just outside Boston.). Never, ever have I seen it this low. Combination of covid caution, proof of vax/negative test, and Boston also requires masks. But wow; didn’t think it’d be as low as it is. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited October 2021
    Nvm
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    DM282158 said:
    I’ve been following the secondary market for the Bruins and Celtics; as I do in any “normal” year. (I love just outside Boston.). Never, ever have I seen it this low. Combination of covid caution, proof of vax/negative test, and Boston also requires masks. But wow; didn’t think it’d be as low as it is. 
    I wonder if there’s a certain % of people who are just not interested in going to large events any more, not so much because of safety, but because they’ve adjusted to living without it and are content not to go back, having found other ways to spend their time and money.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

Not too many venues can sell out over four nights.  Night one of the spectrum run wasn’t sold out.  
    When 2020 are rescheduled and I arrive for the Hamilton show to find out I’m the only one there,  I’m pretty sure I will still have a blast.  However this will make  bathroom breaks a little awkward……” hey Mike can you hold that guitar solo until I get back?” 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

When 2020 are rescheduled and I arrive for the Hamilton show to find out I’m the only one there,  I’m pretty sure I will still have a blast.  However this will make  bathroom breaks a little awkward……” hey Mike can you hold that guitar solo until I get back?” 
    I’ll save your spot.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

I’ll save your spot.  
    Deal 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    DM282158 said:
    I wonder if there’s a certain % of people who are just not interested in going to large events any more, not so much because of safety, but because they’ve adjusted to living without it and are content not to go back, having found other ways to spend their time and money.
    I usually take my kids to 3 or 4 NBA games every year.  We’re all vaccinated but we’re going to skip it this year.  Just rather be on the safe side and the NBA will be there next year.  Pearl Jam is a different story.  I will attend if the shows go forward. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    vedpunk said:
    Agreed. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    DM282158 said:
    Very, very good point. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 757
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

Just go during Evenflow. You got time!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    on2legs said:
    DM282158 said:
    I usually take my kids to 3 or 4 NBA games every year.  We’re all vaccinated but we’re going to skip it this year.  Just rather be on the safe side and the NBA will be there next year.  Pearl Jam is a different story.  I will attend if the shows go forward. 
    100% same boat, just a different NBA home team :lol:

I will add that I’ll be trying for a suite or something if they play arenas.  Not doing GA
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I refunded the last of my shows besides Baltimore the other day.  

I disagree with whoever said there wont be empty arenas.  There will be.  Not everywhere, but there will be some.  QBC wasn’t even sold out before the pandemic, and now with mention of 10k+ seats to sell, you don’t think that show will be empty?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430

I disagree with whoever said there wont be empty arenas.  There will be.  Not everywhere, but there will be some.  QBC wasn’t even sold out before the pandemic, and now with mention of 10k+ seats to sell, you don’t think that show will be empty?
    The more likely prediction instead of empty is probably not a sellout.  I got shut out of tickets to 3 different shows that I was interested in going to during the lottery. I think there will be a bunch of fans who got shutout the first time who would snap up a lot of the refunded tickets. But maybe not quite a sellout everywhere.  I just hope Ticketmaster puts those tickets into the exchange as promised and we don’t see the best seats filtered to scalpers. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

I think we have different definitions of empty. 

Who said 10k tickets to sell? Sounds like pure speculation to me (which is all of this thread). 
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    DM282158 said:
    The Leafs haven't sold out a single one of their four home games this season. Obviously that's multifactoral - ticket prices and the hangover from last year's playoffs aren't helping - but for a team that had a decades-long sellout streak it's still noteworthy. A lot of people are still really freaked out about being around other people.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    NWOntario said:
    DM282158 said:
    The Leafs haven't sold out a single one of their four home games this season. Obviously that's multifactoral - ticket prices and the hangover from last year's playoffs aren't helping - but for a team that had a decades-long sellout streak it's still noteworthy. A lot of people are still really freaked out about being around other people.
    Ticket prices are nuts for the leafs this year.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    NWOntario said:
    DM282158 said:
    Not only that, but people are being more selective with where and how they spend their extra cash.

post pandemic travel requires more planning and time.  

When I say “empty” I obviously don’t mean that in the literal sense.  But we’re entering November… every day they wait at this point is only negatively affecting ticket sales and turnout for a Spring tour
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    NWOntario said:
    DM282158 said:
    Not only that, but people are being more selective with where and how they spend their extra cash.

When I say “empty” I obviously don’t mean that in the literal sense.  But we’re entering November… every day they wait at this point is only negatively affecting ticket sales and turnout for a Spring tour
    I don’t know if you’re right, but I hope they think you are, so they can get on with the dates already.  By all means they are free to say these are the dates pending a final safety decision in February or whatever.  But it’s time.

• Options
    NWOntario said:
    DM282158 said:

I hear you. I just think PJ demand beats most acts and definitely sports. Look at SHN, night 1 was packed. Night 2 had a major drop off. 
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    NWOntario said:
    DM282158 said:
    Keep in mind many people that go to weeknight games in Toronto work downtown.   Many of those are still working from home which in many cases is a 60-90 minute commute.  
         Toronto Blue Jay’s had the same problem. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    D-Rod said:
    NWOntario said:
    DM282158 said:
    Keep in mind many people that go to weeknight games in Toronto work downtown.   Many of those are still working from home which in many cases is a 60-90 minute commute.  
    That's a great point actually... I lived about an hour commute from Toronto but worked downtown, and if I wanted to catch a game or concert, I would just opt for a hotel that night, easy. Probably did it once a month.
  • Options
    biz999 said:
    D-Rod said:
    NWOntario said:
    DM282158 said:
    That's a great point actually... I lived about an hour commute from Toronto but worked downtown, and if I wanted to catch a game or concert, I would just opt for a hotel that night, easy. Probably did it once a month.
    All points are good.  I would add, specific to the Leafs, that sports are really selling hope and after all the past failures it is difficult to hold onto the hope even though they have some talented forwards.  

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    If they do MSG X 4 March 8-13 timeframe do people think all 4 of those shows would not sell out? I think they would. I also think the arenas that sold out last year will sell out again and the ones that do not are going to have a lot of empty seats on the back of the stage. QC front seats were sold out but back there were a ton left.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    PJNB said:
    If they do MSG X 4 March 8-13 timeframe do people think all 4 of those shows would not sell out? I think they would. I also think the arenas that sold out last year will sell out again and the ones that do not are going to have a lot of empty seats on the back of the stage. QC front seats were sold out but back there were a ton left.
    Yes, MSG Philly etc would sell out as they always do.   I’m more so thinking of a scenario where OKC or St Louis happen on a Wednesday night in March with only 1-2 months notice….  Going to be a lot of empty seats in that one

Side note, headed to my second arena show tonight since things picked back up again

TwentyOnePilots at TD Garden, should be a great one
    Post edited by Weston1283 on