• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    All this crying about voter fraud is a joke.  It's very easy to see why the Republicans lost their effort to recall Newsom.  When the best they could come up with for a leading candidate is a misogynistic crackpot like Larry Elder, Democrats were highly motivated to get the vote out and vote "no" on the recall.  Simple as that.

And Elder referred to the election having "twisted results" four days before the election.  That kind of pre-election whining only serves to illustrate how unhinged Elder's party has become.  

Didn't Hilary tell Biden, on national TV, that he should not concede to Trump under any circumstances? Where was the outrage then? That kind of pre-election whining is not unique to the Republican party. Both parties are unhinged and have been for a very long time.

oh please. haha. not unique to the republican party. all she meant was don't concede until we have all the facts. you have a bunch of republicans going on national fucking tv every goddamn night and tweeting every goddamn day about the stolen election. 

you have the former president of the united states holding rallies all over the country whining that he didn't lose. 

democrats have never attempted an insurrection. 
    democrats don't whine or pre-whine about voter fraud at every election. 

until they do, there is zero both sidesing of this. 
    Hilary did not say "do not concede until we know all of the facts." She said, "Do not concede under ANY circumstances".

This message board is full of Democrat sycophants. Why can't anyone admit when Democrats are wrong? Every point I bring up gets shot down like what I'm saying never happened. You all put a spin on the facts to make it fit into your political beliefs.

Republicans do not whine or pre-whine about voter fraud at EVERY election. Come on now. Why can't we just have honest conversations instead of shilling for the party we each believe in? It only creates more division.

There are people here (myself included) who are willing to call out Dems on their shit from time to time.   But yeah, Dems do get cut more slack here than Republicans, so I would grant you that to a degree. 
    But there are a few things to consider here:
    -This is a fan sight for a band that has not been afraid to express itself as being left leaning and progressive and obviously not well aligned with the right.  That's going to attract a lot more liberal fans than conservative fans.  You have to expect more Democrats and liberals to show interest here, especially when you are post on the AMT section of the fan site forums.
    -You are posting on a thread about a recall election that, in the first place, was a farce foisted off on the voters of California at a great expense at a time when that money could have been put to much better use.  And after losing that sham of a recall vote, many Republicans, especially those on the far right including their number one pick, Larry Elder, did whine before the election was over and have been whining ever since.  That's just a simple fact. 
    -That recall election has been soundly criticized by former president Trump as being rigged.  This is more whining coming from a sore loser who has done nothing but whine ever since he was fairly and legally voted out of office.  Those are just simple facts.
    -Yes, to say that Republicans whine about every election result might be an exaggeration, but Republicans are setting the precedent.  If you support the Republican  party and don't want to hear those accusations, I would suggest you work within that party to restore some respect to its existence because respect is what it is sorely lacking.  You might consider working with the Lincoln Project folks who, from what I have read, appear to be far more rational, smart thinking, and logical in their actions that the hot headed infantile reactions of people like Larry Elder and Donald Trump and their followers.
    Why do you think the recall election was a farce?
    Many people don’t like the direction California is headed and there were more than enough signatures to hold a new election. Recall elections have been successful before, I think Newsom and those who spoke on his behalf were legitimately concerned. No one knew it was going to be the blow out that it was.
    Now I would agree the requirements for a recall are too easy, and once elected that person should remain in office. But according to CA law, this recall was legit, met all the requirements, had Newsom and others worried. It wasn’t a farce. CA just has too low of a standard to meet for a recall that allows these elections to happen. That doesn’t make it a farce.
    I think this Now I would agree the requirements for a recall are too easy, and once elected that person should remain in office and this CA just has too low of a standard to meet for a recall that allows these elections to happen are what Brian and others are referring to when calling it a "farce". If you don't agree with the wording, fine, but I think you get what he means. 12% to recall a governor? that's absurd. 
    Maybe it was the wording. He called this election a farce and a sham. Those are pretty specific words, so I’m assuming he meant it, just asked for a reason why he thinks so.  Waste of time an money, yes. Farce and sham, no.  I blame the system, not this particular election or those who pushed for it. 
    It followed all requirements, met the standards for a recall election. No one bent any rules, forged any documents, or anything else that makes this recall election illegitimate, or in other words, a sham. In fact, until just a few days ago most people actually seemed at least a little concerned it would pass, no one that I saw predicted it would be such a blow out. 
    I guess when I see someone call it a farce and a sham I interpret that as blaming those involved, maybe intentionally knowing they would not succeed but attempting to be destructive the Newsom and the Democratic Party. How else would this be a farce and a sham? My interpretation of those comments, which is why I asked what he meant. I think Elder and those who supported him thought he had a chance. I think those who supported Newsom also thought Elder had a chance. 
    I also think Newsom bears some responsibility. California is losing people in record numbers. High taxes, cost of living, low performing schools. Many don’t agree with his shut downs. Enough people don’t like California to allow it to meet the low standards for a recall.

I meant it and I responded above. I will agree that the way the recall system in California is a big part of the problem.  But the timing and the waste of money and the extremely low quality of candidates with Republicans put forth in that recall election?  I stand by what I said about those things.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    All this crying about voter fraud is a joke.  It's very easy to see why the Republicans lost their effort to recall Newsom.  When the best they could come up with for a leading candidate is a misogynistic crackpot like Larry Elder, Democrats were highly motivated to get the vote out and vote "no" on the recall.  Simple as that.

And Elder referred to the election having "twisted results" four days before the election.  That kind of pre-election whining only serves to illustrate how unhinged Elder's party has become.  

Didn't Hilary tell Biden, on national TV, that he should not concede to Trump under any circumstances? Where was the outrage then? That kind of pre-election whining is not unique to the Republican party. Both parties are unhinged and have been for a very long time.

oh please. haha. not unique to the republican party. all she meant was don't concede until we have all the facts. you have a bunch of republicans going on national fucking tv every goddamn night and tweeting every goddamn day about the stolen election. 

you have the former president of the united states holding rallies all over the country whining that he didn't lose. 

Hilary did not say "do not concede until we know all of the facts." She said, "Do not concede under ANY circumstances".

This message board is full of Democrat sycophants. Why can't anyone admit when Democrats are wrong? Every point I bring up gets shot down like what I'm saying never happened. You all put a spin on the facts to make it fit into your political beliefs.

Republicans do not whine or pre-whine about voter fraud at EVERY election. Come on now. Why can't we just have honest conversations instead of shilling for the party we each believe in? It only creates more division.

There are people here (myself included) who are willing to call out Dems on their shit from time to time.   But yeah, Dems do get cut more slack here than Republicans, so I would grant you that to a degree. 
    -This is a fan sight for a band that has not been afraid to express itself as being left leaning and progressive and obviously not well aligned with the right.  That's going to attract a lot more liberal fans than conservative fans.  You have to expect more Democrats and liberals to show interest here, especially when you are post on the AMT section of the fan site forums.
    -You are posting on a thread about a recall election that, in the first place, was a farce foisted off on the voters of California at a great expense at a time when that money could have been put to much better use.  And after losing that sham of a recall vote, many Republicans, especially those on the far right including their number one pick, Larry Elder, did whine before the election was over and have been whining ever since.  That's just a simple fact. 
    -That recall election has been soundly criticized by former president Trump as being rigged.  This is more whining coming from a sore loser who has done nothing but whine ever since he was fairly and legally voted out of office.  Those are just simple facts.
    -Yes, to say that Republicans whine about every election result might be an exaggeration, but Republicans are setting the precedent.  If you support the Republican  party and don't want to hear those accusations, I would suggest you work within that party to restore some respect to its existence because respect is what it is sorely lacking.  You might consider working with the Lincoln Project folks who, from what I have read, appear to be far more rational, smart thinking, and logical in their actions that the hot headed infantile reactions of people like Larry Elder and Donald Trump and their followers.
    Many people don’t like the direction California is headed and there were more than enough signatures to hold a new election. Recall elections have been successful before, I think Newsom and those who spoke on his behalf were legitimately concerned. No one knew it was going to be the blow out that it was.
    Now I would agree the requirements for a recall are too easy, and once elected that person should remain in office. But according to CA law, this recall was legit, met all the requirements, had Newsom and others worried. It wasn’t a farce. CA just has too low of a standard to meet for a recall that allows these elections to happen. That doesn’t make it a farce.
    I think this Now I would agree the requirements for a recall are too easy, and once elected that person should remain in office and this CA just has too low of a standard to meet for a recall that allows these elections to happen are what Brian and others are referring to when calling it a "farce". If you don't agree with the wording, fine, but I think you get what he means. 12% to recall a governor? that's absurd. 
    Maybe it was the wording. He called this election a farce and a sham. Those are pretty specific words, so I’m assuming he meant it, just asked for a reason why he thinks so.  Waste of time an money, yes. Farce and sham, no.  I blame the system, not this particular election or those who pushed for it. 
    It followed all requirements, met the standards for a recall election. No one bent any rules, forged any documents, or anything else that makes this recall election illegitimate, or in other words, a sham. In fact, until just a few days ago most people actually seemed at least a little concerned it would pass, no one that I saw predicted it would be such a blow out. 
    I guess when I see someone call it a farce and a sham I interpret that as blaming those involved, maybe intentionally knowing they would not succeed but attempting to be destructive the Newsom and the Democratic Party. How else would this be a farce and a sham? My interpretation of those comments, which is why I asked what he meant. I think Elder and those who supported him thought he had a chance. I think those who supported Newsom also thought Elder had a chance. 
    I also think Newsom bears some responsibility. California is losing people in record numbers. High taxes, cost of living, low performing schools. Many don’t agree with his shut downs. Enough people don’t like California to allow it to meet the low standards for a recall.

I meant it and I responded above. I will agree that the way the recall system in California is a big part of the problem.  But the timing and the waste of money and the extremely low quality of candidates with Republicans put forth in that recall election?  I stand by what I said about those things.
    Looks like we were writing our responses at the same time. I would agree with most of it. Waste of time and money. Stupid, yes to all that.
    I just don’t consider it a sham because there seemed to be real concern it would pass. I view sham elections as having fraud, rigged or only 1 real possible outcome. Voting against a dictator and your family disappears, that’s a sham. Or even knowing it couldn’t pass but putting it on for show or to disrupt the party I would agree is a sham. But I don’t think that was the purpose, like I said there appeared to be some real concern and possibility prior to Tuesday. I’m guessing we’re just disagreeing on the use of sham election, not worth beating a horse over. Pointless, waste of time and money. The bar should be much higher. No point in me arguing over a word or 2 difference.
    Elder being the front runner seemed like a weird choice. Not too familiar with him other than knowing he’s far right. He’s an odd guy and moves and smiles like a poorly designed animatronics mannequin from the 80s. But that’s independent from the process, I guess no one else wanted to throw their name in.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:

Looks like we were writing our responses at the same time. I would agree with most of it. Waste of time and money. Stupid, yes to all that.
    I just don’t consider it a sham because there seemed to be real concern it would pass. I view sham elections as having fraud, rigged or only 1 real possible outcome. Voting against a dictator and your family disappears, that’s a sham. Or even knowing it couldn’t pass but putting it on for show or to disrupt the party I would agree is a sham. But I don’t think that was the purpose, like I said there appeared to be some real concern and possibility prior to Tuesday. I’m guessing we’re just disagreeing on the use of sham election, not worth beating a horse over. Pointless, waste of time and money. The bar should be much higher. No point in me arguing over a word or 2 difference.
    Elder being the front runner seemed like a weird choice. Not too familiar with him other than knowing he’s far right. He’s an odd guy and moves and smiles like a poorly designed animatronics mannequin from the 80s. But that’s independent from the process, I guess no one else wanted to throw their name in.

Fair enough, Mace.  I'm just glad it's over!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.