2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    kaw753 said:
    Remember when McCready was saying they hadn’t had much going on with the record and then it was announced shortly after.  They are smart enough to talk about only what is public.  

Hoping for a few more shows this fall.
    As a business, there is close to a 0% chance that these guys are rehearsing, packing up their equipment, paying the guitar/drum techs, and flying to New Jersey for a single show when equivalent bands are playing arenas down the street.  They would have just cancelled Sea Hear Now, as anybody would think is reasonable given the global pandemic and all.

As this is the rumour thread, maybe they are taking their time because they are trying to figure out how to swap 10c tickets in an arena for equivalent seats in an amphitheater? 
    Or waiting to see if the G7 summit unlocks international travel between Canada, US, EU and UK.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Remember when McCready was saying they hadn’t had much going on with the record and then it was announced shortly after.  They are smart enough to talk about only what is public.  

I thought of this as well. However, whereas Ed is the driving force behind them getting an album done, it kinda feels like Jeff is the driving force behind them not touring a lot. I believe he has made comments like this before. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    kaw753 said:

As a business, there is close to a 0% chance that these guys are rehearsing, packing up their equipment, paying the guitar/drum techs, and flying to New Jersey for a single show when equivalent bands are playing arenas down the street.  They would have just cancelled Sea Hear Now, as anybody would think is reasonable given the global pandemic and all.

As this is the rumour thread, maybe they are taking their time because they are trying to figure out how to swap 10c tickets in an arena for equivalent seats in an amphitheater? 

As a business, they are making more than enough money to cover their costs.  Stone also said that the first order of business would be meeting their obligations for postponed shows.  SHN falls into that category. Why would they cancel it? Next will be the arena dates when the band feels it is safe to play indoors. Jeff mentioned that it is unlikely to happen this year.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    wbutler29 said:
    Peyton18 said:
    Just saw that Voodoo Fest is rescheduling for next year! Pretty surprised about that one
    They probably don't want to compete with Jazz Fest this year . . . 
    I know Louisiana has high positivity rates, too.  That probably isnt helping. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    There is no way I would be scheduling shows for Florida, Louisiana, or Texas at this point, with their positivity rates so high.  Other states are seeing huge decreases in rates, so I could see them targeting those.  If people get more vaxxed, keep wearing masks, and get those positivity rates down, I could see more shows considered for those areas. 

People will be travelling anyway, so some people will be coming from those high positivity states.  But workers, band, etc...they would all need to come into contact with more people that have higher positivity rates. 

People like to compare california to those states, but the california population is so much higher, its not really comparable.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited June 2021
    I really hope they add shows around shn and ohana.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    All the more reason to play New England. :smiley:

JimmyV said:
    All the more reason to play New England. :smiley:
    I m there if it happens.  
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Vedd Hedd said:
    There is no way I would be scheduling shows for Florida, Louisiana, or Texas at this point, with their positivity rates so high.  Other states are seeing huge decreases in rates, so I could see them targeting those.  If people get more vaxxed, keep wearing masks, and get those positivity rates down, I could see more shows considered for those areas. 

People will be travelling anyway, so some people will be coming from those high positivity states.  But workers, band, etc...they would all need to come into contact with more people that have higher positivity rates. 

People like to compare california to those states, but the california population is so much higher, its not really comparable.  
    Got to stick up for FL. We were able to provide vaccines to all ages much quicker than other states like PA, and it looks like new cases are trending down. I would bet most of the populated counties have high rates of vaccinated people versus the rural areas. We had huge events in Tampa (Wrestlemania, Super Bowl) and outdoor sports parades for the Lightning and Buccaneers championships. There was not a spike after those events. 

FL, LA and TX would be the ideal locations for outdoor shows in October to December. Great weather, lower chances of hurricanes. 
    Just looking at the top 5 states by population, and their 7 day moving averages....until Florida stopped reporting...because "Everything is fine now!"

California  950
    Texas 1400
    Florida this was around 1700-2000 before they stopped reporting. 
    New York    750
    Illinois    420

Louisiana, so their numbers by 7 day average are strange, because they dont seem to report on some days....so they will go from 900 to 400 and bounce around from there. Doesnt sound like much, but considering they are the 25th most populated state....and their region is generally a less vaccinated region....
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    hihobibo said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Got to stick up for FL. We were able to provide vaccines to all ages much quicker than other states like PA, and it looks like new cases are trending down. I would bet most of the populated counties have high rates of vaccinated people versus the rural areas. We had huge events in Tampa (Wrestlemania, Super Bowl) and outdoor sports parades for the Lightning and Buccaneers championships. There was not a spike after those events. 

FL, LA and TX would be the ideal locations for outdoor shows in October to December. Great weather, lower chances of hurricanes. 
    Part of Florida's problem is that they are adjacent to other states that dont have high vax rates, and Florida has been a destination for vacationers.  You are correct, they were trending down....but they stopped reporting....my guess is because they knew that schools were out and more and more people were going to travel and the rates were going to just naturally go up.  Agreed about the counties, and agreed about the idea that FL, TX and LA would be good locations for outdoor shows in late fall....if those numbers keep trending...but now there is no way to know what is happening in florida.  And Texas and LA arent trending down so much as holding steady.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    The other thing to consider....California, New York and Illinois have larger mask-wearing populations.  Florida, Texas and Louisiana seem to have lower mask-wearing populations. 

A friend was driving through Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and Illinois recently and said that in most stores and gas stations, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee have very lower rates of people wearing masks, if at all.  Then when getting into Illinois, even in the more rural areas, there were generally more people wearing masks. 

It's all anecdotal evidence, so it could be nothing, but I seem to experience similar things when I was recently in indiana and ohio, versus Illinois. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Just looking at the top 5 states by population, and their 7 day moving averages....until Florida stopped reporting...because "Everything is fine now!"

California  950
    Texas 1400
    New York    750
    Illinois    420

Louisiana, so their numbers by 7 day average are strange, because they dont seem to report on some days....so they will go from 900 to 400 and bounce around from there. Doesnt sound like much, but considering they are the 25th most populated state....and their region is generally a less vaccinated region....
    Play Southern Illinois at Saluki Stadium in Carbondale! It stays pretty temperate downstate until later in the Fall than the Chicago area. 
    I would love to visit alpine valley again in september.  :)
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    mcgruff10 said:
    i'd be a little annoyed at this point since i've already booked my travel to both.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited June 2021
    "It will be fun, but we have to get the “Gigaton” songs back into shape, and then there will be probably another week of touching on 50 or 60 songs just to come up with a couple set lists for these two shows"

Specifically mentions only two shows here. Not much info out there and yes interviews from band members have, intentionally or not, threw us off in the past but at face value reading that quote this is it for this year. I was hoping for a Saturday night PJ set for Ohana and while that can still happen I am definitely less sure of it happening now. 
    ComeToTX said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    i'd be a little annoyed at this point since i've already booked my travel to both.
    Even if they do add some shows You get to travel to two great beach destinations, be happy not annoyed.  
    The more shows the better, but the two festivals and 2022 has always been the most likely scenario. 

mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Even if they do add some shows You get to travel to two great beach destinations, be happy not annoyed.  
    Everything annoys me!

I am pumped though. Especially to see the first show back. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I would be happily going to one, probably SHN since it is closer to Illinois, to enjoy the beach and music if they weren't both scheduled until after the school year starts. Sometimes having a wife who is a teacher throws a monkeywrench into travel plans.
    edited June 2021
    ComeToTX said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Everything annoys me!

If they play Austin I'll buy you beers until you aren't annoyed anymore.  ;)
    Where are you staying in Jersey?
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 732
    Still think they play Apollo right before SHN.. Makes perfect sense
    Vedd Hedd said:

California  950
    Texas 1400
    New York    750
    Illinois    420

Play Southern Illinois at Saluki Stadium in Carbondale! It stays pretty temperate downstate until later in the Fall than the Chicago area. 
    That would be cool. Wont ever happen, but...hey, they played Champaign! dare to dream. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed
    Already got my Ohana trip booked but I'd be more than happy to go back there again. PJ20 10th Anniversary!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    edited June 2021
    I have a hotel booked for all of March. 
    This is why PJ can’t announce any non-definite plans 😂 or leak a single morsel of info.

Isnt the hotel going to think you’re a long term stay with a 30-day booking? Or did you split among a few hotels?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Everything annoys me!

If they play Austin I'll buy you beers until you aren't annoyed anymore.  ;)
    Where are you staying in Jersey?
    East Windsor…didn’t decide to go until last week. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I don't think test positivity is going to matter when they decide to tour. they will be one of the bands to require vaxx proof and it won't even happen until the test positivity is so low it's not even on the news anymore. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

California  950
    Texas 1400
    New York    750
    Illinois    420

That would be cool. Wont ever happen, but...hey, they played Champaign! dare to dream. 
    I had tickets to the 2017 eclipse at Saluki stadium but ended up going somewhere else due to clouds.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    I don't think test positivity is going to matter when they decide to tour. they will be one of the bands to require vaxx proof and it won't even happen until the test positivity is so low it's not even on the news anymore. 
    I do not see there being any chance at needing vaxx proof next March for a Pearl Jam show.