Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    Just Wow

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,462
    PJNB said:
    Canada will be fine whenever Pearl Jam decide to have a tour again. Most provinces, if not all, will be back to normal in August. 
    I agree.  Also there’s no rule that says they have to do the spring 20 Canadian dates together with the US when they reschedule.  They could do the 12 US this fall and the 4 Canadian next spring possibly together with new shows for Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland etc.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,799
    Just Wow

AK is one of the few states we have not been to -- if Pearl Jam would book a show there next year that would be great.  Built in reasoning to go!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,596
    Y'all can add extra support to the Play Alaska thread.  Big Dipper has mostly been holding that together.  He is more dedicated than I am  :)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    You can run and you can hide. Dave Grohl will still find you. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,006
    Trying to imagine what this board would be like if PJ announced shows piecemeal like the Foos seem to be doing. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    tdawe said:
    Trying to imagine what this board would be like if PJ announced shows piecemeal like the Foos seem to be doing. 
    It would be tough.

I love the Foo Fighters, but I feel the same way about them that I do bands like U2 and Metallica.  It's generally the same show every night, and even tour to tour they can be pretty similar.  The shows are amazing, but they're no drive to see lots of them.  Thus I don't feel the drive to follow them around, and don't feel like I missed something if I wasn't able tot see them on a tour.  Thus bands like that I'm more than content to wait until they play closer to me.   So it doesn't matter if they piecemeal because I would only go once they played Vancouver.

PJ though.  Because every show is different, and on any given night they could randomly play your white whale.   It drives you see more shows.   So if you saw tour dates say for Oakland (and there were not in Vancouver/Seattle) bought them, only to find out Seattle/Vancouver got added later.  That creates challenges :)

So yah.. its rough if PJ staggers out the dates.  I missed Vancouver '09 because it got announce after Seattle :(
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    tdawe said:
    Ya not a fan of that either to be honest but more shows is definitely nice! 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,946
    mcgruff10 said:
    My daughter is pumped that Harry styles just announced his tour.  So if he can tour....

Same. If I can get her tickets for a show (looks like Foxwoods is going on sale next week) she will freak the fuck out. Will have to put my old PJ ticket getting skills to use.  
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    mcgruff10 said:
    My daughter is pumped that Harry styles just announced his tour.  So if he can tour....

@mcgruff10 should face a mandatory 10 day ban from these here boards. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,038
    mcgruff10 said:

@mcgruff10 should face a mandatory 10 day ban from these here boards. 
    Hey blame my daughter but I will voluntarily take a ten day ban.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,462
    PJNB said:
    Canada will be fine whenever Pearl Jam decide to have a tour again. Most provinces, if not all, will be back to normal in August. 
    I agree.  Also there’s no rule that says they have to do the spring 20 Canadian dates together with the US when they reschedule.  They could do the 12 US this fall and the 4 Canadian next spring possibly together with new shows for Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland etc.  
    Just read Arkells are playing an outdoor show in Toronto in August with capacity of 9k.  It’s a start. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    Zod said:
    tdawe said:
    It would be tough.

I love the Foo Fighters, but I feel the same way about them that I do bands like U2 and Metallica.  It's generally the same show every night, and even tour to tour they can be pretty similar.  The shows are amazing, but they're no drive to see lots of them.  Thus I don't feel the drive to follow them around, and don't feel like I missed something if I wasn't able tot see them on a tour.  Thus bands like that I'm more than content to wait until they play closer to me.   So it doesn't matter if they piecemeal because I would only go once they played Vancouver.

PJ though.  Because every show is different, and on any given night they could randomly play your white whale.   It drives you see more shows.   So if you saw tour dates say for Oakland (and there were not in Vancouver/Seattle) bought them, only to find out Seattle/Vancouver got added later.  That creates challenges :)

So yah.. its rough if PJ staggers out the dates.  I missed Vancouver '09 because it got announce after Seattle :(

Every show is different and white whales.

This is exactly why Pearl Jam is waiting. They know people travel from thousands of miles away and go to 6-7 (or more) shows in international continents.

This doesn't happen with Harry Styles and the Foos. When they go to Canada, how many people travel from the USA? If those two play Toronto, they're probably also playing Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NYC...

If Pearl Jam plays Toronto, are they also playing Buffalo and Cleveland? Not necessarily.

And this is why they wait.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,480
    Wanna know why PJ is taking it slow & steady?
    See the screenshot above me.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    💯 
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Jadler said:
    Go Animal said:
    💯 
    They will never tour again if the threshold is no positive cases. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    Noload said:
    Jadler said:
    Go Animal said:
    💯 
    Exactly
  • Options
    Noload said:
    Jadler said:
    Go Animal said:
    💯 
    PJNB said:
    Noload said:
    Jadler said:
    Go Animal said:
    💯 
    Exactly
    Agree with you both! Eventually,  I think once everyone who has had a chance to get the vaccine that wants one (globally) they are going to have to stop counting cases and just worry about hospitalizations and severe disease. In the meantime, while each case has such huge ramifications (quarantining, contact tracing, etc) I don’t blame the band for taking it slow. As much as I personally am ready to go I understand their perspective. 
  • Options
    PJ isn’t taking it slow and steady, though.  They’re not moving at all.  
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,440
    PJNB said:
    Noload said:
    Jadler said:
    Go Animal said:
    💯 
    Exactly
    Sadly I agree.  I think we’re seeing the beginning of the end to many things.  The whole world is fucked up in many, many ways.  Just not optimistic about the virus and now this with the foo fighters, just not looking good for anyone right now. 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,263
    Sigh
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    I’d say it’s only because it’s in their camp directly. If it was a fan at a previous show, no way they postpone. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I would imagine there will be many fans coming into NJ and SoCal days before SHN and Ohana.  Can you imagine if someone "in their camp" tests positive and they cancel 3 days before the shows?   
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    I’d say it’s only because it’s in their camp directly. If it was a fan at a previous show, no way they postpone. 
    Agreed.  It’s going to be a small but possible reality for any show happening in the next couple of years.

they’ll reschedule and move on just fine
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,480
    Noload said:
    Jadler said:
    Go Animal said:
    💯 
    Not for you in particular, but the threshold is "get vaxxed, get your friends & family vaxxed, don't be selfish, don't be stupid, show your cards, make sure staff is CHECKING said cards, and be patient & understanding" before stepping into any concert venue, indoor OR out.
    Why is this so hard for some people??

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Looks like I’m gonna have to pay waaaayyyy too much money on a SHN ticket and hotel
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,523

Which group between the Foos and Pearl Jam is really operating "out of an abundance of caution"? I know that's boilerplate language, but it's definitely not the Foos.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396

There seems to be 2 camps.

We have a short time of things getting better, lets not wait, and go all in before we see what happens.

Lets give it a little time, maybe try and outdoor show or 2, and give it sometime to see how it shakes out, before we go all in.

I'm finding some of the comments disheartening in this thread, because they expect PJ to be an ALL IN kind of band, where to me, the band I've followed since I was 14, tend to be more methodical and cautions.

No it doesn't mean they're waiting for cased to go to zero.  They're just giving it some time to make sure the other shoe doesn't drop.   It's not the end of the world.. lol.  The bands not breaking up, and they probably won't wait for zero covid cases. They're just waiting to make sure the positive situation holds for a bit (ie becomes a trend).