Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,235
    kaw753 said:
    PJNB said:
    Foo Fighters are everywhere! 

That was the last real hope of any other fests being strung together with extra outdoor fall shows for Pearl Jam. 
    I have this theory that there are actually 3 bands touring using the name Imagine Dragons. At least one version that just plays pre-game and halftime shows at major sporting events. The Foo Fighters are starting to move into this territory.
    It was the Dave Grohl narrated Ford truck commercial that did it for me. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Delta variant, gamma variant, story remains the same

Get vaccinated and you’re safe (except for an extremely rare breakthrough case that is less likely to happen then you getting injured in your daily life activities)
    And to build on this...if you and everyone around you get vaxxed, there is much less likely of a chance of a breakthrough case even happening. 
    18,000 US Covid deaths in May, all but 150 unvaccinated. Incredible to comprehend there is actually a debate about whether or not to get vaccinated. A lot of preventable deaths are going to occur over the next few years, especially as variants become more and more transmittable. Wake me up when more than 5 fully vaccinated people are dying each day in this country and I'll start to worry about breakthrough infections. Media sadly has paralyzed so many over the past year. I'm living probably 90% of my pre-pandemic life at this point. Unvaccinated people are not going to change that. It's their choice, time to move on, if death is not a big enough consequence for some than so be it. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the rest of the world vaccinated but as an average American there's only so much we can do in that regard. 
    Well said. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,248
    ComeToTX said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Delta variant, gamma variant, story remains the same

Get vaccinated and you’re safe (except for an extremely rare breakthrough case that is less likely to happen then you getting injured in your daily life activities)
    And to build on this...if you and everyone around you get vaxxed, there is much less likely of a chance of a breakthrough case even happening. 
    18,000 US Covid deaths in May, all but 150 unvaccinated. Incredible to comprehend there is actually a debate about whether or not to get vaccinated. A lot of preventable deaths are going to occur over the next few years, especially as variants become more and more transmittable. Wake me up when more than 5 fully vaccinated people are dying each day in this country and I'll start to worry about breakthrough infections. Media sadly has paralyzed so many over the past year. I'm living probably 90% of my pre-pandemic life at this point. Unvaccinated people are not going to change that. It's their choice, time to move on, if death is not a big enough consequence for some than so be it. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the rest of the world vaccinated but as an average American there's only so much we can do in that regard. 
    Well said. 
    Just came across similar data for Canada.  13k deaths of which only 66 people were fully vaxed.  Now, these #s might be a little misleading as our # of fully vaxed overall is only now starting to take off but it’s still the same idea.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 927
    I dont really watch the news. I live in San Diego. So I guess my question is, is covid still a thing? The only place I ever see it brought up is here. Its like I live on another planet or something. Not making light on it as I understand it was bad, I had it. But life here is 99% normal. Nobody even talks about. Just weird to read so many comments here when I don't see or hear about covid in my everyday life anymore.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    DEGBTI said:
    I dont really watch the news. I live in San Diego. So I guess my question is, is covid still a thing? The only place I ever see it brought up is here. Its like I live on another planet or something. Not making light on it as I understand it was bad, I had it. But life here is 99% normal. Nobody even talks about. Just weird to read so many comments here when I don't see or hear about covid in my everyday life anymore.
    We are a couple of months behind you with restrictions being lifted in Canada. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    I’m with ya, been about 4 weeks since anyone in my friend or work circle has really even talked about it

im in Hawaii right now, had to get a quick nasal swab to get here but other than that, it’s been silence 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    It’s a thing for PJ tour purposes until we get the new dates.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 130
    DEGBTI said:
    It's definitely still a thing in Europe. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    rahjiim said:
    DEGBTI said:
    It's definitely still a thing in Europe. 
    Some of Canada ( Ontario) are still in lockdown.  It’s definitely still a thing here. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    I drive by a mobile testing site in Framingham, MA every morning. It's not always open and there aren't always cars waiting, but today there were close to a dozen. 

Still a thing. 

Also, if you are planning an indoor event this summer (like a wedding) and have elderly or otherwise at risk family, it is absolutely still a thing. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 927
    thanks for the answers, again, not down playing, just curious. I guess since this site is global, that is the reason its brought up so much. Hopefully everyone else's countries will put this behind themselves soon!

• Options
    edited June 2021
    2021 thread on the second page. Not a good sign...

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,804
    Call me an optimist, but....

Bump
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,375
    Let's get someone excited,  bump
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    Lack of news is frustrating to say the least... Seems like the guys are out and about having 4th of July fun with their celeb friends... Covid here in NY is being put in the past... Was in MA over the weekend... PACKED bars, restaurants, ferries, etc. No masks. The feeling around the US is that COVID is over. Guess it's up to the promoters now... follow the money. Probably won't play until they can guarantee a sell out. Black Crowes are about to begin tour this month and are practically giving away tickets... Hartford is 1/2 empty, NY 3/4 empty.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    MA is enjoying our 70% vaccination rate. It's not the same all over. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    davidos said:
    Lack of news is frustrating to say the least... Seems like the guys are out and about having 4th of July fun with their celeb friends... Covid here in NY is being put in the past... Was in MA over the weekend... PACKED bars, restaurants, ferries, etc. No masks. The feeling around the US is that COVID is over. Guess it's up to the promoters now... follow the money. Probably won't play until they can guarantee a sell out. Black Crowes are about to begin tour this month and are practically giving away tickets... Hartford is 1/2 empty, NY 3/4 empty.
    Those Crowes shows were a terrible idea before Covid even hit. They haven’t been an amphitheater level headliner for over 20 years. Pearl Jam won’t have trouble selling out anywhere and they know it. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    Yeah the Crowes shows seemed destined to never do that well

Foo Fighters at MSG sold out in minutes.  Pearl Jam would be seconds. 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    Yeah the Crowes shows seemed destined to never do that well

Foo Fighters at MSG sold out in minutes.  Pearl Jam would be seconds. 
    Agree... Where is our fall tour?
  • Options
    stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
    I love PJ as much as the next. But PJ and Foo sell out at the same rate. PJ seems faster cause they hold and presell tickets for their fan club. 
    FF doesn’t have a fan club system they hold seats for. 
    FF even has 1.6 million more FB followers than PJ, FWIW. 
    Sorry, I’ve just never seen the superiority of one band over the other. 
    I love them both. 
  • Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    stanudes said:
    I love PJ as much as the next. But PJ and Foo sell out at the same rate. PJ seems faster cause they hold and presell tickets for their fan club. 
    I love them both. 
    to be fair, PJ tours so much less than FF which makes tickets that much harder to come by
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    Manu117 said:
    stanudes said:
    I love them both. 
    to be fair, PJ tours so much less than FF which makes tickets that much harder to come by
    FF are great, and Dave is a fantastic frontman. Been to a few of their shows and have enjoyed them all. With that being said, I would take the anticipation of an entirely new set list, and multi hour PJ show 100/100 times. There is something really special about switching things up each and every night. Has to be a PIA for the band, but they’ve made it such a signature of their tours. I would never travel to multiple FF shows because each night is the same (albeit extremely fine tuned) performance. Part of the PJ experience is not knowing what you’re going to get on any given night. 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,235
    Jadler said:
    Manu117 said:
    stanudes said:
    I love them both. 
    FF are great, and Dave is a fantastic frontman. Been to a few of their shows and have enjoyed them all. With that being said, I would take the anticipation of an entirely new set list, and multi hour PJ show 100/100 times. There is something really special about switching things up each and every night. Has to be a PIA for the band, but they’ve made it such a signature of their tours. I would never travel to multiple FF shows because each night is the same (albeit extremely fine tuned) performance. Part of the PJ experience is not knowing what you’re going to get on any given night. 
    No question! It’s a huge part. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443
    Jadler said:
    Manu117 said:
    stanudes said:
    I love them both. 
    Jadler, spot on. 73 shows in. If it wasn't for the different sets wouldn't follow them.  Have seen FF every tour and once a tour is enough. There is a reason why I catch a West Coast swing. 

Looking forward to the next shows. 
  • Options
    Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 130
    davidos said:
    Those Crowes shows were a terrible idea before Covid even hit. They haven’t been an amphitheater level headliner for over 20 years. Pearl Jam won’t have trouble selling out anywhere and they know it. 
    Anywhere as long as it’s one of 8 to 10 cities or so. A full long tour like they used to do I would question how many cities sell out. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    davidos said:
    Anywhere as long as it’s one of 8 to 10 cities or so. A full long tour like they used to do I would question how many cities sell out. 
    Of my 37 shows (all since 2010) the only one I can remember being noticeably empty was Tulsa 2014

Alternatively, the Florida 2016 run was under rated.  The Miami crowd was NUTS!  Would definitely go out of my way for the next Miami show after that night
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • Options
    davidos said:
    Of my 37 shows (all since 2010) the only one I can remember being noticeably empty was Tulsa 2014

Alternatively, the Florida 2016 run was under rated.  The Miami crowd was NUTS!  Would definitely go out of my way for the next Miami show after that night
    I second the comments about Miami 2016.  From the moment it opened with Corduroy it never let up.  In my experience it is second only to Seattle 8.10.18.  

• Options
    Saturday November 6th a great night for Atlanta folks

State Farm Arena - TwentyOne Pilots
    Mercedes Benz Arena - Metallica, Cage the Elephant and Greta Van Fleet

sheesh
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,979
    Saturday November 6th a great night for Atlanta folks

State Farm Arena - TwentyOne Pilots
    Mercedes Benz Arena - Metallica, Cage the Elephant and Greta Van Fleet

sheesh
    Both venues are right next door to each other too. Traffic & parking will be fun. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.