Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,627
    edited July 2021
    JimmyV said:
    Jeff was pretty upfront about them easing back in with Ohana and Sea Hear Now. There being nothing more than those two shows isn't at all surprising. 
    Go a couple pages back, we have a source saying he’s excited for October. I have my own source that said MSG will be Feb/March (although it could be Springsteen and not PJ, he didn’t answer that one directly)

edit: could be on the 2022 thread 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,495
    JimmyV said:
    Jeff was pretty upfront about them easing back in with Ohana and Sea Hear Now. There being nothing more than those two shows isn't at all surprising. 

And Stone's comment on the podcast pretty much confirmed it.  Nothing happening in 2021 other than the fests. Plan accordingly and get your refunds/vouchers from the airlines and the hotels.
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 458
    It seems the new outbreaks are overwhelmingly among unvaccinated folks.  Seems to me shows for the vaxed should be ok.  It that means new shows sold on that basis so be it, though I also think they could offer a choice of vax or refund on existing.  
    Not so easy… Lots of states, I believe most besides New York, banned vax passports.  Clearly the honor system doesn’t work. So, we are at the mercy of the unvaccinated to fix this shit.  I’m vaxed and I wish there were vax passports or a system like I believe they’re doing in Europe. But, I wish a lot of shit that doesn’t come true. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,480
    dr122931 said:
    It seems the new outbreaks are overwhelmingly among unvaccinated folks.  Seems to me shows for the vaxed should be ok.  It that means new shows sold on that basis so be it, though I also think they could offer a choice of vax or refund on existing.  
    Not so easy… Lots of states, I believe most besides New York, banned vax passports.  Clearly the honor system doesn’t work. So, we are at the mercy of the unvaccinated to fix this shit.  I’m vaxed and I wish there were vax passports or a system like I believe they’re doing in Europe. But, I wish a lot of shit that doesn’t come true. 
    So, the way I've read 2 of the last EO's from dumbass GOP governors (and by all means, someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this next part) while there is no apparatus for govt. backed "vaccine passports", pretty much every business (be it an arena, or a band) has the right to put said stipulations in place for anyone who wants to attend a ticketed event put on by said parties.
    Basically treating it like a camera or taping policy. That's how the Foo's did the last couple of shows. So PJ would absolutely be within their rights to ask for proof of vaccination. For anyone who doesn't want to prove that they have a brain and/or compassion? They don't have to attend.

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,462
    They could play in states that allow businesses to create those rules.  That itself would be a political statement by them.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Do we really need vaccine passports? They could meet somewhere in the middle.  Here in Canada (at least in BC) we get a little card that has two spots for vaccination info. It says the date, which vaccine, which batch #, and your own info.    Then it says it again for the 2nd vaccine (I assumed they fill out when I get it.. I'll find out Monday).

So maybe you don't go as strict as vaccine passports but just ask to show evidence you got vaccinated?  What kind of stuff did people in the US get after getting vaccinated?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,565
    Zod said:
    Do we really need vaccine passports? They could meet somewhere in the middle.  Here in Canada (at least in BC) we get a little card that has two spots for vaccination info. It says the date, which vaccine, which batch #, and your own info.    Then it says it again for the 2nd vaccine (I assumed they fill out when I get it.. I'll find out Monday).

So maybe you don't go as strict as vaccine passports but just ask to show evidence you got vaccinated?  What kind of stuff did people in the US get after getting vaccinated?
    We have the same cards.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    Zod said:

We got the same cards and were advised to take a picture to keep on our phones, while securing the original card somewhere safe. We have ours in our mini safe with other important documents. I have been vaccinated since the early Spring and just flew from Illinois to Colorado and back in the last couple of weeks and haven't had to show it once.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,450
    There’s fake vaccine cards out there already, I know a couple of idiots who had them for the last Islanders games..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    There’s fake vaccine cards out there already, I know a couple of idiots who had them for the last Islanders games..
    Same here. I wouldn’t be surprised if at least 30% of all fully vaccinated events are fake cards. Exactly why the proof of vaccination is nothing but a mirage , a charade. Same with taking temps by scanning forehead or wrists. It’s not an accurate reading and means nothing. Everyone who wanted to get vaccinated, has. How much further can we go with this? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Same here. I wouldn’t be surprised if at least 30% of all fully vaccinated events are fake cards. Exactly why the proof of vaccination is nothing but a mirage , a charade. Same with taking temps by scanning forehead or wrists. It’s not an accurate reading and means nothing. Everyone who wanted to get vaccinated, has. How much further can we go with this? 
    Not sure but I’ve seen the band 40 times if my count is correct, so if this means I’ve seen my last show so be it im an outdoorsman type give me beach mountain rivers lakes and im good!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Not sure but I’ve seen the band 40 times if my count is correct, so if this means I’ve seen my last show so be it im an outdoorsman type give me beach mountain rivers lakes and im good!
    Cmon man. If you’re fully vaccinated and you keep up with any further guidance regarding booster shots, then why sacrifice your enjoyment? I understand everyone has a different comfort level and I respect that. But it would be sad if you miss possibly the last years of one of the best live bands ever because of this. 
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    nicknyr15 said:
    Agree, not to mention the many many people who have had the virus and retain natural immunity and probably are ok without vaccination for the near future.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Noload said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Agree, not to mention the many many people who have had the virus and retain natural immunity and probably are ok without vaccination for the near future.
    Exactly. Which is something no one seems to mention anymore with such a huge push for the vaccination. Unless I missed talk of natural immunity. 
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 706
    edited July 2021
    can we get back to the rumors, please.  I come here to escape all  the bs and talk about Pearl Jam.  any update on Seatle in October?
    Post edited by nalyd61 on
  • Options
    nalyd61 said:
    can we get back the rumors, please.  I come here to escape all  the bs and talk about Pearl Jam.  any update on Seatle in October?
    Very true. Apologies. Last thing I want is this turning into AMT. 
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172

nalyd61 said:
    can we get back the rumors, please.  I come here to escape all  the bs and talk about Pearl Jam.  any update on Seatle in October?
    I liked it when we had Dimitri dropping subtle (or not so subtle) hints.

• Options
    Like you said it’s up to individuals how they want nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Cmon man. If you’re fully vaccinated and you keep up with any further guidance regarding booster shots, then why sacrifice your enjoyment? I understand everyone has a different comfort level and I respect that. But it would be sad if you miss possibly the last years of one of the best live bands ever because of this. 
  • Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    nicknyr15 said:
    so just because some people will cheat we shouldn't bother at all? by that logic we might as well do away with taxes too.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,462
    biz999 said:

nalyd61 said:
    I liked it when we had Dimitri dropping subtle (or not so subtle) hints.

@dimitrispearljam Signal boost 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    Sees 15 new messages in the rumor thread.  Gets excited.  0-15 rumors.  15-0 covid, vaccines, passports.  Sigh...back to work.
  • Options
    🇬🇷 

Like the bat signal but for the Greek 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,038
    My daughter is pumped that Harry styles just announced his tour.  So if he can tour....

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    mcgruff10 said:
    My daughter is pumped that Harry styles just announced his tour.  So if he can tour....

5 nights on this tour at MSG… damn.  Harry is killing it. Lol. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    Harry Styles is solid. Two very good albums. If i’m not mistaken though, I thought those dates had been announced for a while? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Harry Styles is solid. Two very good albums. If i’m not mistaken though, I thought those dates had been announced for a while? 
    They were but he also cancelled Toronto and Montreal. 

So Canada is still up in the air right now. 

That’s also a problem for Pearl Jam. 
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    uglybabo said:

Why is that a problem for Pearl Jam? If Canada is afraid to get back to "normal" then PJ should put whole tour on hold?
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    uglybabo said:

Why is that a problem for Pearl Jam? If Canada is afraid to get back to "normal" then PJ should put whole tour on hold?
    Well like a quarter of the shows are in Canada. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    edited July 2021
    Canada will be fine whenever Pearl Jam decide to have a tour again. Most provinces, if not all, will be back to normal in August. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Canada will be fine whenever Pearl Jam decide to have a tour again. Most provinces, if not all, will be back to normal in August. 

PJNB said:
    Oh I think so too, we’re heading there for sure. 

I just meant Harry Styles was scheduled in Toronto for the end of September and they were cancelled. 

So Pearl Jam rescheduling this fall may complicate their routing. Another indication we may be waiting till 2022.