2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Max PowerMax Power Posts: 17
    JBob87 said:
    Spoiled I know, but will be slightly bummed if the next Chicago date is again Wrigley. Acoustics and seating sucks. Was really hoping some United Center dates were coming last fall. 

I'd settle for Soldier Field. Actually I haven't seen a show there since the renovation so no idea what it's like for concerts now. I'd be interested in finding out though.
  • MSG was in the works for multiple nights in the fall of 2020. Curious to see if more than the one show happens in 2022. 
    NYC, Philly, and New England area were all supposedly having two nights in fall 2020
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    MSG was in the works for multiple nights in the fall of 2020. Curious to see if more than the one show happens in 2022. 
    NYC, Philly, and New England area were all supposedly having two nights in fall 2020
    Where was the New England shows?
  • So we got Dallas and Wrigley potentially added, badass. Hoping for 10 more dates added
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    So we got Dallas and Wrigley potentially added, badass. Hoping for 10 more dates added
    The Wrigley news is good to me because it probably means Fall 2022 USA shows as well

Maybe it’s different in Chicago, but in Cleveland, I know it can snow literally into the first week of May at the Indians games, so I doubt a ballpark in that geographic area would happen in the spring
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ No way they’d do Wrigley in Spring. I’ve been to plenty of opening day Cubs games that were cold as shit. Snow is less likely but not impossible into April. There is a way they can play Chicago in Spring and avoid the weather though…just sayin 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    We went to the opening weekend of the Cincinnati Reds a number of years ago and it was snowing so hard at one point that you could barely see home plate from the outfield seats. 
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    logan5ive said:
    PJNB said:
    Ryan said:
    logan5ive said:
    I can’t say too much but, March….with at least one added city.
    This person has had legit info before so I’d take this to be true.
    Any hint for us if anything is planned for this fall besides the two festivals?
    What in the past? Not saying there was nothing just curious!

Also @logan5ive is this as deep as you are willing to go with saying what you know and is it pointless of us to keep asking questions? 
    My other hint would be to look at my profile.

Wish your hint was for The Woodlands or Houston . . . No shows since 2003.  They were flirting with Toyota Center (Fall'20)… Cynthia Woods Amphitheatre would be awesome, only if it was the fall, spring heats up already.  Our friends to the North would melt.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Play New England, boys. Play New England. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeRSPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeR Washington D.C. Posts: 34
    edited June 2021
    Any chance we get shows this fall? I've been hesitating to purchase tickets to other shows for fear of them interfering with the rescheduled BAL, NSH, STL dates. Would really appreciate if they released dates sometime this summer - bought tickets to the Grand Ole Opry (April 2020) as well, they wouldn't give me a refund, but I do have a credit that I have to use before the end of December. 
    Post edited by SPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeR on
  • Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Just saw that Voodoo Fest is rescheduling for next year! Pretty surprised about that one
  • SPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeRSPiNMeRouND_RoLLMeOVeR Washington D.C. Posts: 34
    Any chance we get shows this fall? I've been hesitating to purchase tickets to other shows for fear of them interfering with the rescheduled BAL, NSH, STL dates. Would really appreciate if they released dates sometime this summer - bought tickets to the Grand Ole Opry (April 2020) as well, they wouldn't give me a refund, but I do have a credit that I have to use before the end of December. 
    Think I found an answer to my question. Quote from Jeff from a recent interview he did with Variety:

"I don’t think there’s any way we’re going into arenas before the end of the year. I think we’ll wait to see how everything shakes out. We have so many fans that travel, and that’s the thing that freaks me out the most. You see how bad things are with COVID in South America right now and you think about 50 people getting on planes and coming to one of the upcoming shows. I would guess that a good portion of our fans are vaccinated, but some may not be, and some may be immune-compromised. The last thing we want to do is be a part of anybody getting really sick or dying. We’re going to take our time. It feels like playing Ohana and Sea.Hear.Now is a perfect way to get our feet wet."

Whole interview here:

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/pearl-jams-jeff-ament-talks-return-to-touring-new-solo-lp-1234993730/

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Hmmm.  Don't want people getting on planes to come here.  But we're playing two shows in September!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • ddeschler said:
    Hmmm.  Don't want people getting on planes to come here.  But we're playing two shows in September!
    Lol, and pretty sure international travelers have to show a negative covid test within 72 hours of their flight departure into the states. Plus when was that interview actually taken, not published? Yesterday? Last month? 3 months ago? A lot has changed, but notice he said arenas....no reason to not play shedddddssss
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Glad to see Jeff make some comments on that article.  PJ social media just put it out. Guess we can take that as a statement.  Grateful to know and able to buy tickets to other bands and book random vacations the rest of the year.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    how many non-North American fans will travel for an American festival set? I'd guess not that many. at least not nearly as many as a full PJ only set. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    how many non-North American fans will travel for an American festival set? I'd guess not that many. at least not nearly as many as a full PJ only set. 
    I am very surprised at how many people I have run into on Facebook that are trying to sell tickets or worried about not making the show due to restrictions for Ohana. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    Think I found an answer to my question. Quote from Jeff from a recent interview he did with Variety:

"I don’t think there’s any way we’re going into arenas before the end of the year. I think we’ll wait to see how everything shakes out. We have so many fans that travel, and that’s the thing that freaks me out the most. You see how bad things are with COVID in South America right now and you think about 50 people getting on planes and coming to one of the upcoming shows. I would guess that a good portion of our fans are vaccinated, but some may not be, and some may be immune-compromised. The last thing we want to do is be a part of anybody getting really sick or dying. We’re going to take our time. It feels like playing Ohana and Sea.Hear.Now is a perfect way to get our feet wet."

Whole interview here:

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/pearl-jams-jeff-ament-talks-return-to-touring-new-solo-lp-1234993730/

so no fall tour after all. Guess that means make up for 2020 in spring 2022. Just a guess 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Finally some traction. Let’s fucking go!!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    What a great article.  I like the part where he says when he hears a song on SXM he does a mental rep to see if he remembers it:  That’s so human.  I also like the sound of 50-60 non-Gigaton songs two fest total.

One observation:  he didn’t say they are only doing two shows this year.  He said no arena shows.  I don’t take this article to preclude more outdoor shows this fall, but if two is all we get (really 3, with the EV solo) I would still be quite happy.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    DEGBTI said:

Whole interview here:

so no fall tour after all. Guess that means make up for 2020 in spring 2022. Just a guess 

I'm ok with that.
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 579
    I have a hotel booked for all of March. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I have a hotel booked for all of March. 
    I’ve got multiple dates booked in multiple cities.  But I’d have to make about 200 separate reservations to cover all my bases so I’m calling it a day with what I’ve got and hope I hit a few exactly.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RiotAct41RiotAct41 Posts: 17
    edited June 2021
    ddeschler said:
    looks like common sense isn’t Jeff’s strong suit. Oh well.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited June 2021
    RiotAct41 said:
    ddeschler said:
    looks like common sense isn’t Jeff’s strong suit. Oh well.
    Yeah cause tons of fans from overseas booked trips just to attend SHN and Ohana.  If there were also regular PJ shows around the festivals then I could see it happening.  But not the way things currently look.
    Post edited by Yefa on
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    I'm certain the fact that the 2 festivals are outdoor shows factors in. Science tells us the virus spreads mainly indoors (as in inside a packed arena), and outdoor transmission rates are extremely low.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Peyton18 said:
    Just saw that Voodoo Fest is rescheduling for next year! Pretty surprised about that one
    They probably don't want to compete with Jazz Fest this year . . . 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    wbutler29 said:
    Peyton18 said:
    They probably don't want to compete with Jazz Fest this year . . . 
    The obvious solution is for the bands who would normally perform at VF to play impromptu jazz fusion sets vis a vis Spinal Tap after Nigel leaves the group.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Remember when McCready was saying they hadn’t had much going on with the record and then it was announced shortly after.  They are smart enough to talk about only what is public.  

Hoping for a few more shows this fall.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    Remember when McCready was saying they hadn’t had much going on with the record and then it was announced shortly after.  They are smart enough to talk about only what is public.  

Hoping for a few more shows this fall.
    As a business, there is close to a 0% chance that these guys are rehearsing, packing up their equipment, paying the guitar/drum techs, and flying to New Jersey for a single show when equivalent bands are playing arenas down the street.  They would have just cancelled Sea Hear Now, as anybody would think is reasonable given the global pandemic and all.

As this is the rumour thread, maybe they are taking their time because they are trying to figure out how to swap 10c tickets in an arena for equivalent seats in an amphitheater?