Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    my company gives out safety awards for each year of safe driving. prizes get better per year for continuous safe drive.  one driver chose a 55 inch tv....

for me , year 2 award I ordered a trailcam. have some critter(mole I think) digging near the house.

hope to catch a pic once the cam is up and running. need batteries and just ordered a little solar panel from amazon for it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I have moles at my allotment  they have destroyed so much that now i have to grow in pots
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594

This looks like heaven to me!  Lots of green, clouds in the sky, beautiful docile animals, deciduous forest.  Perfect!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I live on the edge of london in the beginning of countryside.  This is my walk to my allotment (garden)
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I live on the edge of london in the beginning of countryside.  This is my walk to my allotment (garden)

Beautiful!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,441

Hard to tell from the photo, but that woodpecker is at least 2 ft. tall.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^Looks like a pileated woodpecker. Those fuckers do get big.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Yup, showed up one day and made that nest for a bunch of smaller ones.  Have not seen it since.
    Love dem birdies!

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    mickeyrat said:

Crafty f’ker.  So much for the squirrel guard  :ohstop:

mickeyrat said:

Get_Right said:

Both are gorgeous.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    edited May 2021
    mickeyrat said:

Crafty f’ker.  So much for the squirrel guard  :ohstop:

mickeyrat said:

Get_Right said:

Both are gorgeous.

used the hooks on a no longer used swing srt made from 4x4 posts. too close to  the A frame. have since  moved that
     one. little fucker opened the empty suet cage and was sitting on the open flap.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    If you use safflower seed the squirrels kind of don't like it and may not ravage your feeders so much. We have chipmunks that take everything they can. Squirrels too. 

• I spotted this little fella near the end of the garden and I was worried he might be injured, but fortunately he was fine.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    is there anything cuter?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    Adorable, Wobbie.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Get_Right said:
    dankind said:
    Yup, showed up one day and made that nest for a bunch of smaller ones.  Have not seen it since.
    I saw one of them in Sequoia. I had only seen the smaller ones here in the East coast.
    Loujoe said:
    If you use safflower seed the squirrels kind of don't like it and may not ravage your feeders so much. We have chipmunks that take everything they can. Squirrels too. 
    Put hot stuff on it and they won't eat it.

Birds Like hot, squirrels do not.
    We saw these Canada geese adults with their chicks at Lake Tabeaud in Amador County yesterday.  A perfect outing day!

Found a horseshoe crab washed up along the beach where I live. I always see if they are alive and help them back in the water. 

Any who, this one was tagged. I’ve never seen a tagged one before. I took the pic, went to the website and filled out the info. 

They sent me a certificate, pin and literature. I was pretty excited about the whole thing. 

It took it 6 years to get to this point, lol. 
    Just saw this newborn deer.  Couldn’t be more than a day old.  

And here’s mom

Found a horseshoe crab washed up along the beach where I live. I always see if they are alive and help them back in the water. 

Any who, this one was tagged. I’ve never seen a tagged one before. I took the pic, went to the website and filled out the info. 

They sent me a certificate, pin and literature. I was pretty excited about the whole thing. 

It took it 6 years to get to this point, lol. 
    Good job!
    Just saw this newborn deer.  Couldn’t be more than a day old.  

And here’s mom

So tiny!  Beautiful!

Wow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Awww  is there a bunny in the photo?
    Awww  is there a bunny in the photo?
    No, it’s a newborn fawn.  It was resting while mum went for lunch lol
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Awww  is there a bunny in the photo?
    No, it’s a newborn fawn.  It was resting while mum went for lunch lol
    I think she was referencing Bambi and Thumper :wink:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly