Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I live in a rural area. Lots of deer, turkeys, coyotes, possums, racoons, you name it. I almost hit a skunk about a week ago leaving town. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Just up the road from me. I thought they were horses but the wife says they are ponies.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    eddiec said:
    Just up the road from me. I thought they were horses but the wife says they are ponies.

Gorgeous!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    edited March 2021
    I love the snowy owl! Here's an osprey who didn't quite catch the fish today. 

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    ^^Nice. Love ospreys too. Strange to think how birds can be so specialized and different. Nature will always amaze me.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited May 2021
    This is an interesting photo because what you see is a frog on the outside of the kitchen window and it is quite dark outside, but the kitchen light is on creating all kind of reflection.  I always love it when these little guys come around!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    brianlux said:
    This is an interesting photo because what you see is a frog on the outside of the kitchen window and it is quite dark outside, but the kitchen light is on creating all kind of reflection.  I always love it when these little guys come around!

no photo?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

no photo?

Shows on my computer but I'll try again.  Let me know if it doesn't show.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

no photo?

Still nothing 😕
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    edited May 2021
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

no photo?

Still nothing 😕

How very strange!  I'll try it via Postimage which, unfortunately, always distorts the image....

Ribbit, ribbit?

Nice Brian. Thx for posting. 
    Loujoe said:

I'm glad the image finally works!  I'm not sure what to do about posting photos.  I used to use Postimage but now for some reason it makes the image squashed.  If I copy and past an image from "Pictures" on my laptop, I can see them here but apparently others cannot.  Computer are so very useful but also sometimes so very vexing! 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2021
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:

I'm glad the image finally works!  I'm not sure what to do about posting photos.  I used to use Postimage but now for some reason it makes the image squashed.  If I copy and past an image from "Pictures" on my laptop, I can see them here but apparently others cannot.  Computer are so very useful but also sometimes so very vexing! 
    Brian,

Instead of copying and pasting, use the "Insert an image" tab (see below), then choose the picture file (.jpg, .png, .gif) from your laptop, et voila.

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:

Brian,

Instead of copying and pasting, use the "Insert an image" tab (see below), then choose the picture file (.jpg, .png, .gif) from your laptop, et voila.

OK!  Lets give it a try...

Hmmm... took a long to tom load and I see no frog. 

Try again.  Can you see frog?

brianlux said:
    Bastiges! I wonder if your laptop saves images in an incompatible format.

I'm going to try again just to see if my instructions sucked.

So I'm using the tab, and finding the image on my laptop.

It is a .jpg, so it should be good. After I select open, the image should load (and possibly take forever as well).

I will note that I have had trouble uploading .png files recently, even though they were compatible with the site at one time. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    Bastiges! I wonder if your laptop saves images in an incompatible format.

I'm going to try again just to see if my instructions sucked.

So I'm using the tab, and finding the image on my laptop.

It is a .jpg, so it should be good. After I select open, the image should load (and possibly take forever as well).

I will note that I have had trouble uploading .png files recently, even though they were compatible with the site at one time. 

Well shiver me timbers and blow them bagpipes.  I'm stumped!

brianlux said:
    THERE'S A FROG!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    THERE'S A FROG!!!

Alright!  Cool, glad it worked!  :smile:

Diiiiig this....toads are frogs, but frogs are not toads...
    I saw some ants enslaving other live ants to their mound the other day out by my firepit.  Creepy and there was nothing I could do but watch.
    Also spotted some firefly larvae the other night walking to my car in the dark after fly fishing. I thought they were something else but just looked it up. If you look around they are constantly glowing. Had to be dark.and I guess close to water. Really wild stuff. We think we're so great.

Loujoe said:
    I saw some ants enslaving other live ants to their mound the other day out by my firepit.  Creepy and there was nothing I could do but watch.
    Ants are a trip.  I read in an Edward O. Wilson book that the total biomass of all social insects in the world- bees, wasps, ants, and termites  weighs more than the total mass of all other animals combined.  Something to think about there!
    Loujoe said:
    Also spotted some firefly larvae the other night walking to my car in the dark after fly fishing. I thought they were something else but just looked it up. If you look around they are constantly glowing. Had to be dark.and I guess close to water. Really wild stuff. We think we're so great.

One of my favorite things about visiting family back east- fireflies!  

eddiec said:

Beauties!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    This garter snake was chillin’ outside my apartment complex just now

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    Awww!! ^