Options

Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Nice^, I get those birds confused too.  no pics but went fishing tonight. Turned on lantern and eyes lit up across the river. A fox I think. Then a beaver swam by I think, I definitely heard an owl and caught an eel. No trout that I was after. Alone fishing at night is great. Sharpens my lesser used senses.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    he's back.......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Stunning 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    coyote and magpie

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Wobbie said:
    coyote and magpie

pretty cool. would have been better if it was a roadrunner instead of a magpie though :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    coyote and magpie

pretty cool. would have been better if it was a roadrunner instead of a magpie though :lol:

magpie can mimic the roadrunner....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Wobbie said:
    coyote and magpie

That photo is SO cool! Love it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:

Those clever squirrels, lol!
    Nice sky avatar too!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Thanks, B! Have a nice Thanksgiving.🙂

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:

Thanks, Rob!  You as well!  :smile:

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:

Lol. It’s Chris but you can call me Rob if you want.😎

• Options
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:

Lol. It’s Chris but you can call me Rob if you want.😎

When it comes to remembering names, I admit it-- I suck!
    I mean, look, why do you think I have that particular user name?  You know how embarrassing it would be if I forgot who I am?  LOL, I don't what to be like this guy:
    David Crosby  If I Could Only Remember My Name CD - Discogs

Now if I could just get everyone else to use their name, my life would be so much easier!  :lol:

• Options
    My brother is called chris  and so many people call me chris i started not correcting them even. Im rob/Chris 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    My brother is called chris  and so many people call me chris i started not correcting them even. Im rob/Chris 

Interesting.  I'll try to remember one or the other!

So wildlife... we were in Cool, CA a couple of weeks ago and did a two mile walk there and say a small flock of magpies.  No photo I'm afraid, but I had never seen magpies in that part of the foothills in quite a while so that was very cool to see.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    This buck keeps waking through our front yard the last week or so. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^Beautiful. In the spring I love to walk deer trails and look for dropped antlers. Last season I found 4 I kept. Two were chewed up so I left them. I can look for days and find none. Usually don't find any.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Found while fishing
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Found while fishing

Nice!
    It's amazing to me with all the deer around here and all the time I've spent in woods, fields, and forests, I've never found any antlers. 

• Options

there was a white breasted nuthatch poking aroung too but was moved too often to get a shot.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    Found while fishing

Nice!
    It's amazing to me with all the deer around here and all the time I've spent in woods, fields, and forests, I've never found any antlers. 
    Some years I find none. The critters chew them up pretty fast. Sometimes it's just a small white tine sticking up through the leaves. I don't know when they drop out west. Here late feb through april. One year I hacked through all sorts of btush in deer heavy areas found none. Pulled into a parking spot at a library and a perfect one was sitting in the grass.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:
    Found while fishing

Nice!
    Some years I find none. The critters chew them up pretty fast. Sometimes it's just a small white tine sticking up through the leaves. I don't know when they drop out west. Here late feb through april. One year I hacked through all sorts of btush in deer heavy areas found none. Pulled into a parking spot at a library and a perfect one was sitting in the grass.

Antlers are eaten??

• Options
    Mice+other rodents. Get mad vitamins/minerals from them.  Yummy. Otherwise we'd likely find more.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Mice+other rodents. Get mad vitamins/minerals from them.  Yummy. Otherwise we'd likely find more.

Sounds rather healthful.  I'm have to grind me up some deer antler if I ever come across any, haha!
    Seriously though, that's fascinating!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Loujoe said:

Sounds rather healthful.  I'm have to grind me up some deer antler if I ever come across any, haha!
    Seriously though, that's fascinating!

got a sizeable length of beef bone in the yard. teeth marks all around it. guessing rabbit. marks look like it.

• Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144

This is a pic from a video I took from the other side of the front door.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919

Taken at work last month.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop