Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    beano.79 said:
    How old are you both? I'm 41 and still waiting for my 1st jab. They're doing over 45s here now so not long 🤞

I did two 4 milers in the week and doing 7 my race partner tomorrow. 2 weeks and the weekly mileage is going to start kicking up. Can't wait.
    I am a bit older than both of you, and slightly younger than Eddie Vedder. I will leave it at that :lol:  I never did much in the way of running until a few years ago. Before that I did yoga for many years. I still do yoga once a week now, but mix it up with running and weight training. Ran 5 miles today. I really didn’t feel like it. But once I was out there it went well. Good luck with all of the training. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Nice.  Did a solid 60 mins this morning.  Almost 6.5 miles and after about a mile I held a good pace.

I turn 47 this week.  
    Damn.  47.  I remember when I turned 25 like it was yesterday.  
    Getting old!
    One day you're 25 and the next thing you know, McCauley Culkin is 40 and about to have a baby. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Nice.  Did a solid 60 mins this morning.  Almost 6.5 miles and after about a mile I held a good pace.

I turn 47 this week.  
    Damn.  47.  I remember when I turned 25 like it was yesterday.  
    Getting old!
    One day you're 25 and the next thing you know, McCauley Culkin is 40 and about to have a baby. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    How old are you both? I'm 41 and still waiting for my 1st jab. They're doing over 45s here now so not long 🤞

I did two 4 milers in the week and doing 7 my race partner tomorrow. 2 weeks and the weekly mileage is going to start kicking up. Can't wait.
    I am a bit older than both of you, and slightly younger than Eddie Vedder. I will leave it at that :lol:  I never did much in the way of running until a few years ago. Before that I did yoga for many years. I still do yoga once a week now, but mix it up with running and weight training. Ran 5 miles today. I really didn’t feel like it. But once I was out there it went well. Good luck with all of the training. 
    Strong work for a day you didn't feel like doing it!
    You can be 39 forever.  ;)

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I ran a local 5k for a cancer charity yesterday. 2nd out of 5 for age group, finishing in 31:08. I need to work on getting my speed back up again. Before my surgery and the lay off afterwards I was comfortably running mid to high 8’s. I have gotten lazy and don’t run as much as I was before. 
    That is great, sure it was fun to do it.
    What was the top time for your age group?

29:46. If I can get back on my game I can beat that easily. 

Awesome.  Sounds like a good goal!
    The first 5k I did the top person in my age group was 15-16 mins if I recall.  I remember being so over the moon with my time and.....then I saw that and had a good laugh.  Was still pleased with myself but some fuckers can fly.

Awesome.  Sounds like a good goal!
    The first 5k I did the top person in my age group was 15-16 mins if I recall.  I remember being so over the moon with my time and.....then I saw that and had a good laugh.  Was still pleased with myself but some fuckers can fly.
    There also some fast 50 year olds out there. In my small town area I am a little above average  and, sometimes win my age group. When I go to bigger towns, I get blown away! 
    A different view this week for morning runs.
    In Ocean City for the week.
    From our place prior to the sunrise as I started and then at the halfway point.  Boardwalk ran out a little before half way through my run so I ran on the sand for a while.  Really tough to keep the same pace.

From our place prior to the sunrise as I started and then at the halfway point.  Boardwalk ran out a little before half way through my run so I ran on the sand for a while.  Really tough to keep the same pace.

What an awesome view! I would love to be at a beach right now, or any time really.

What an awesome view! I would love to be at a beach right now, or any time really.

Yeah, it is off-season so great as far as no crowds.  Whole different game in 4-5 weeks.  A little chilly but beats looking at my backyard.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634

Great, but chilly 6am run. A misty river sunrise taken from across our medieval bridge (13th century I believe)
    Wow that is cool.
    What were the temps?
    I went yesterday in 37 (feels like 27) with a damn 20 mph wind.  
    (2 to -2c). 
    This was a day after I ran with just shorts and shirt....this time I needed coat/hat/running pants.
    Crazy weather!

Wow that is cool.
    What were the temps?
    (2 to -2c). 
    This was a day after I ran with just shorts and shirt....this time I needed coat/hat/running pants.
    Crazy weather!

Haha yep it's up and down here too at the moment. Today it's around 17c quite pleasant but this morning was around 2c
    beano.79 said:

Great, but chilly 6am run. A misty river sunrise taken from across our medieval bridge (13th century I believe)
    Wow. What a nice view during your run. 
    Wow that is cool.
    What were the temps?
    (2 to -2c). 
    Crazy weather!

The weather has been crazy here. Two days ago it was 70. Yesterday I wore my winter coat. 
    I am taking this week off from running. I have been having neck pain that seems to get worse from running. I thought a week off would help. It seems to be feeling better. So I will start running again next week. Honestly, it also feels nice to give myself a short break. 
    Hope you feel better!

I fucked up this am and brought some Gatorade with me since I was going for 80 mins (generally I need some liquid and/or food for runs beyond an hour) and I didn't run anywhere near a toilet.  :lol:. My body revolted and I ended up about a mile shorter in my 80 mins than planned since I had to walk and lightly jog for stretches where I was concerned I might crap myself.  
    Need to get used to taking food and drink in again....and do some work where I know I can use the restroom if needed.  
    Oh well - a good reminder!

Hope you feel better!

I fucked up this am and brought some Gatorade with me since I was going for 80 mins (generally I need some liquid and/or food for runs beyond an hour) and I didn't run anywhere near a toilet.  :lol:. My body revolted and I ended up about a mile shorter in my 80 mins than planned since I had to walk and lightly jog for stretches where I was concerned I might crap myself.  
    Need to get used to taking food and drink in again....and do some work where I know I can use the restroom if needed.  

In this situation do not fart while running.. it's not going to end well 😂😂
    Ha. No Sharting!

Hope you feel better!

Yikes. That hasn’t happened to me yet. My runs are usually only about an hour and I make sure to pee right before I leave. The park I run in has a restroom. Haven’t had to use it yet. NYC public park restrooms are not the finest. But I do pass a lot of restaurants on my way home. I guess if things ever got really bad I could beg to use one of those. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Hope you feel better!

Yikes. That hasn’t happened to me yet. My runs are usually only about an hour and I make sure to pee right before I leave. The park I run in has a restroom. Haven’t had to use it yet. NYC public park restrooms are not the finest. But I do pass a lot of restaurants on my way home. I guess if things ever got really bad I could beg to use one of those. 
    Yeah I've used the Dunkin bathroom before and porto potties by the school that are very well maintained....but it was not pee...being a dude, I could've snuck that in anywhere, or even let it fly if needed.  The deuce cannot really roll like that.  
    :lol:.         

It is just settling on a cadence and routine and sticking to it. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Getting back into running. Went for about a mile jog today & it felt great. Going to build up slowly to 5 miles per jog/run. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Getting back into running. Went for about a mile jog today & it felt great. Going to build up slowly to 5 miles per jog/run. 
    Excellent. Good to start slow if you haven’t run in a while. I am sure you will get to 5 miles on no time. 
    mfc2006 said:
    Awesome, good start!
    edited April 2021
    So finally this coming weekend it begins! For my long runs I will be adopting the run/walk strategy that we will use on race day, it worked perfect getting us around the 100k in good time and we're sticking with it for this.

First long run is 10 miles which will take just under 2 hours this way but the Idea is consistency and hopefully getting a long way into the 100 miles on race day before we start to struggle. 

Longest training run at peak will be 30 miles and this will be backed up with a 2nd long run of 18 miles.

In July were doing our own over night 50 miler in the middle of the training block to try to nail down nutrition and crewing tactics etc.

Gonna be a busy few months! And I'm afraid you'll all be bored of hearing about it 😂😴 
    Post edited by beano.79 on
    Totally interested in hearing details as you go, please do share!
    I'll gladly bend any ear that Will listen.. plus if I don't share with you guys I could end up divorced 😂
    beano.79 said:
    So finally this coming weekend it begins! For my long runs I will be adopting the run/walk strategy that we will use on race day, it worked perfect getting us around the 100k in good time and we're sticking with it for this.

First long run is 10 miles which will take just under 2 hours this way but the Idea is consistency and hopefully getting a long way into the 100 miles on race day before we start to struggle. 

Longest training run at peak will be 30 miles and this will be backed up with a 2nd long run of 18 miles.

In July were doing our own over night 50 miler in the middle of the training block to try to nail down nutrition and crewing tactics etc.

Gonna be a busy few months! And I'm afraid you'll all be bored of hearing about it 😂😴 
    Wow. Good luck with this all. I am very interested to hear how it all goes.

beano.79 said:
    I'll gladly bend any ear that Will listen.. plus if I don't share with you guys I could end up divorced 😂

My wife likes it, she thinks that if she listens to me babble for 15 minutes about something she finds boring that I will gladly do the same for her.

She should know better by now!  :lol: