Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    edited February 2022
    Need to start running again...

Promised a colleague to make 15km per week, because she does 20.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 690

• Options
    an hour on the road yesterday and 2 hours on the trails today.. super undulating, super muddy, super slippy and super fun.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,996
    beano.79 said:
    an hour on the road yesterday and 2 hours on the trails today.. super undulating, super muddy, super slippy and super fun.
    That looks fun, but definitely challenging. I would be covered in mud from falling by the end of that run. I am glad you are enjoying yourself.

• Options
    beano.79 said:
    I need to get into trail running. Looks so fun
  • Options
    Working through a running progression (even though my stress fracture is not all the way healed, Dr said it is fine to be running on).

If it continues to go well I'll be able to start running more by end of the month. Will be back to running full speed end of next week. 

Getting tested for a genetic bone condition (HPP) to see if that's the cause of my stress fractures. Results should be in next week.

I can't wait to get back to my running routine. Tired of the recumbent bike.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    edited February 2022
    Had surgery  yesterday on my hand to fix the tendons supporting the finger I broke a while back.
    Cut my palm open and fucked around, stitched it back together. 
    I'm not meant to get this dressing wet or change it for almost two weeks.
    We will see if that happens, but I ran this AM with UT held above the old heart.  Lol.  Was for sure slower without both arms helping to propel me.
    Good thing it was cold out so I didn't get a good sweat going with the arm exposed

:lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Had surgery  yesterday on my hand to fix the tendons supporting the finger I broke a while back.
    We will see if that happens, but I ran this AM with UT held above the old heart.  Lol.  Was for sure slower without both arms helping to propel me.
    Good thing it was cold out so I didn't get a good sweat going with the arm exposed

Wow. Hope you are feeling ok. That is hardcore. I think the day after hand surgery would probably be my excuse for taking a day off with no guilt. That was a warrior move!!
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options

That's awesome you were able to get out and run the day after. Hopefully you heal up quickly!
  • Options

That's a true runner 👏👏👏👏👏
  • Options
    Great 8 miles this afternoon. 2.5 hours Inc hills with my friend in the morning.

Took away 2 things from the run... I quite like Ed's album.... And he should never colab with Elton John again 😂
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Hill runs.  I want to do some,  need to drive to some and do it.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Wow. Hope you are feeling ok. That is hardcore. I think the day after hand surgery would probably be my excuse for taking a day off with no guilt. That was a warrior move!!
     Not a warrior but what you said is exactly why I enjoyed the run so much.
    Not sure if I enjoy discomfort or just the idea of doing the opposite of what sane people would do, when it comes to this.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Great 8 miles this afternoon. 2.5 hours Inc hills with my friend in the morning.

Took away 2 things from the run... I quite like Ed's album.... And he should never colab with Elton John again 😂
    Awesome! I'm not digging Eddie's new album so far. Will have to see if it grows on me.
  • Options
    My new friend....put together and used for my first (short) session, this AM.  Will be on non running days....started with going as hard as I could for the 7 minutes I do at PT. It feels like a run up a steep hill.  Will build up to 20, hopefully  beyond, asap.
    Was happy to stop at 7 today.  :lol:
    If I can get to 30 minutes, going hard-core on this,I will be happy.

• Options
    2.5 hours this morning... We did an hour of hill work which gave us 1700ft of climb.. that's going to build over the next 7-8 weeks up to the event weekend. Felt good today 
  • Options
    1700 feet!  Working hard!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Good work all. That slide looks hard. And 1700 feet - woah. I did 5.5 miles this morning. That was enough for me. 
  • Options
    1700 feet!  Working hard!
    By the end of march we should be up above the 3000ft mark... Which isn't as much as either of the race days, but hopefully the accumulation will pay off 🤞
  • Options
    Damn.  Doing the 5300 ft mountain hike last year was brutal....with so much of it a rock scramble, but still enough for me to imagine a race in similar type elevations.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Wife was super pissed this morning that I went out in the snow.  (In fairness, it was not accumulating on the roads or sidewalks, just in the grass...)
    It was a nice run - will see if she stays bent all day.  :lol:  
  • Options
    Wife was super pissed this morning that I went out in the snow.  (In fairness, it was not accumulating on the roads or sidewalks, just in the grass...)
    It was a nice run - will see if she stays bent all day.  :lol:  
    😂 My wife is just pleased to get rid of me for a few hours
  • Options
    Damn.  Doing the 5300 ft mountain hike last year was brutal....with so much of it a rock scramble, but still enough for me to imagine a race in similar type elevations.
    It's just shy of 11,000 ft over the 2 days.
  • Options
    So storm Eunice is passing through.. don't fancy running in 70mp wind 😂 just finished 11 miles on the treadmill for the 1st of this weekends long run, which is by far the longest time I've spent in a treadmill, definitely some weird motion shit going on when I stopped.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    So storm Eunice is passing through.. don't fancy running in 70mp wind 😂 just finished 11 miles on the treadmill for the 1st of this weekends long run, which is by far the longest time I've spent in a treadmill, definitely some weird motion shit going on when I stopped.
    That is a long treadmill run. I am ready to get off the treadmill after 6 miles. I can’t imagine running five more. The boredom!! Music helps but it definitely feels like time moves slower on the treadmill. I hope you can get back outside soon. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    That is a long treadmill run. I am ready to get off the treadmill after 6 miles. I can’t imagine running five more. The boredom!! Music helps but it definitely feels like time moves slower on the treadmill. I hope you can get back outside soon. 
    So I like watching boxing and there's some behind the scenes documentaries for an upcoming fight so I watched those.. wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The high winds should pass tonight so Sunday should be all good
  • Options
    I think my longest dreadmill run was 12 miles -- and I was hungover as hell when I did it. 
    Hated most every minute of it, was at my childhood home and was cursing (loudly) as I moved tempo up for segments.  My family all had a good laugh at my expense.
    Yesterday's run was awesome, it was 50 degrees at 4am.
    Tomorrow's run will see it back to cold, predicted at 22 degrees.
    Good news with Thursday was that my last mile was in the 8s (which is good for me) and had I not had a 630 meeting at work I would have gone another.  Felt very strong/no abnormal pains.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    So I like watching boxing and there's some behind the scenes documentaries for an upcoming fight so I watched those.. wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The high winds should pass tonight so Sunday should be all good
    Watching something interesting on TV would definitely pass the time. The treadmills I use at the gym have TV screens with tons of channels. However, you have to look down on them to watch. That always leaves me with neck issues. So, I keep it off, keep my head up, and listen to music. Glad you can get outside again this weekend.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

How are you coming along? Have you started up again yet?

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    3 hours of character building today 😂 just to the right you can see the foot of the slope I get my hill reps on. It gets just steep enough to not run so it ideal.. and besides that it's all I fucking have anywhere close 😂 I did 45 mins reps.. an 8 mile loop around the reservoir then another 45 mins of reps. Starting to feel stronger