Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,880
    beano.79 said:
    3 hours of character building today 😂 just to the right you can see the foot of the slope I get my hill reps on. It gets just steep enough to not run so it ideal.. and besides that it's all I fucking have anywhere close 😂 I did 45 mins reps.. an 8 mile loop around the reservoir then another 45 mins of reps. Starting to feel stronger
    Wow! You did all that and in the rain it looks like. That is some serious training. You are going to be so ready for this adventure.

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 662
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    3 hours of character building today 😂 just to the right you can see the foot of the slope I get my hill reps on. It gets just steep enough to not run so it ideal.. and besides that it's all I fucking have anywhere close 😂 I did 45 mins reps.. an 8 mile loop around the reservoir then another 45 mins of reps. Starting to feel stronger
    Wow! You did all that and in the rain it looks like. That is some serious training. You are going to be so ready for this adventure.

It was actually quite fun! The wind was more of an issue than the rain... We've just had the most miserable weather for the last 3 days
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Awesome!  That sounds like a lot of fun.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Awesome!  That sounds like a lot of fun.

Sometimes you just have to laugh to yourself and crack on 😂
  • Options
    beautiful early 12.5 miles this morning 👌
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Beautiful. I am gearing myself up to go run shortly. Just taking another few lazy moments before I get going. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    beano.79 said:
    Wow that is a stunning picture.
    I got a later start, but was in the 8s on a 5 mile run.  For me, I'm content with low 9s, normally, when not in race mode so this was kind of surprising. 
    Think the slide board and intervals are helping to add a little speed to these old bones.  :lol:
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    I got a later start, but was in the 8s on a 5 mile run.  For me, I'm content with low 9s, normally, when not in race mode so this was kind of surprising. 
    Think the slide board and intervals are helping to add a little speed to these old bones.  :lol:
    How's everything holding up?
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    Beautiful. I am gearing myself up to go run shortly. Just taking another few lazy moments before I get going. 
    Lazy moments are just as important 😁 I'm very lazy when I'm not active... It's always one of two extremes
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    All in one piece....and I'm not having to ice my knees every night, so that is good.
    Don't think I'll be going too much further, anytime soon.  Thinking about a 5k for St Patty's, just to run in a crowd and push for a better time.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    All in one piece....and I'm not having to ice my knees every night, so that is good.
    Don't think I'll be going too much further, anytime soon.  Thinking about a 5k for St Patty's, just to run in a crowd and push for a better time.
    I am glad your knee is getting better. I know you have been through the runner with it. It is awesome to see how far you have come. 

I ran 5.5 miles today in one of the best times I have ever had. I have been pretty static on distance lately but am working to increase my time. Probably in the Spring I will work more on distance. But my resting heart rate is consistently in the low-mid 50s, so my goal of improving my cardio has been met. 
  • Options
    Awesome work!
    Have you tried intervals?  Meant to help get faster, if that is something you are interested in...
  • Options
    Awesome work!
    Have you tried intervals?  Meant to help get faster, if that is something you are interested in...
    I have not tried intervals. I will look more into it. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I'm starting at the bottom, again.  Haven't done them for a year, at least.

Warm up run, your choice.  I'll do a mile
    Stop and rest, 1 minute.
    Run 400m (.25 mile) as fast as you can. Like the devil is chasing you.
    Rest a minute.
    Run 400m again, as fast as you can.  Empty the tank.
    Rest a minute.
    Do this 5x, total, and then have a cool down Run.  I'll do a mile.
    So you are only going all out for short distance, 5 times.

I will get to 8x....and then go up to 500m (half mile) ones if everything still feels well.

Can do 1x a week, just pick a day to do.

A way to mix up the training and my guy Hal (love his writing) swears by mixing this in weekly to help you get faster.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    If you have a running watch you can set it to Intervals and it makes it easier to just do what the watch tells you to do.  :lol:   
  • Options
    I'm starting at the bottom, again.  Haven't done them for a year, at least.

Warm up run, your choice.  I'll do a mile
    Stop and rest, 1 minute.
    Run 400m (.25 mile) as fast as you can. Like the devil is chasing you.
    Rest a minute.
    Run 400m again, as fast as you can.  Empty the tank.
    Rest a minute.
    Do this 5x, total, and then have a cool down Run.  I'll do a mile.
    So you are only going all out for short distance, 5 times.

I will get to 8x....and then go up to 500m (half mile) ones if everything still feels well.

Can do 1x a week, just pick a day to do.

A way to mix up the training and my guy Hal (love his writing) swears by mixing this in weekly to help you get faster.

Thanks. That looks interesting. Thanks. 
  • Options
    Long run 2 of the weekend done. 17.7 miles with 2900ft gained. Low mileage next weekend and then 3 more weeks of increased mileage and climb. Feeling good
  • Options
    Nice.  
    Went on sunday hike with family and we passed a track.  Got a few laps in with the 7 year old, he actually ran well.  Going to see if i can get him out with me once a week.  
  • Options
    Nice.  
    Went on sunday hike with family and we passed a track.  Got a few laps in with the 7 year old, he actually ran well.  Going to see if i can get him out with me once a week.  
    Awesome. It is great to get kids involved in physical activity.

• Options
    Nice.  
    That's great!
  • Options
    It is 5 EUR to enter this virtual race and you can also donate the amount you prefer to help the country in this difficult situation. 100% of the proceeds from this race we will donate to UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) for supporting Ukraine and its people in the war.

Run for Ukraine (raceid.com)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Damn, i dont think ive seen myself in the 30s, before.
    Very close!

• Options
    Very close!

Wow!! I looked at my heart rate data today. My average resting heart rate was 56. My lowest was in the middle of the night at 48 and my highest was during my run this morning at 161. Right now sitting on the couch watching TV it is 58. But I have never gotten down to 40. Good work. 
  • Options
    Very close!

Are you alive?😂
  • Options
    No sir!

• Options
    Looking forward to a nice low mileage weekend. As much as I love the running, when training is at the intense end I find it so beneficial to have the odd 'rest week' plenty more work to come over the next month. 
  • Options
    Enjoy it!
    I have a fast coming, so no food from sunday afternoon to friday afternoon.  Very happy to have low mileage running, at least this week.  5 miles max on any day, although intervals are likely to be less fun.

• Options
    Enjoy it!
    I have a fast coming, so no food from sunday afternoon to friday afternoon.  Very happy to have low mileage running, at least this week.  5 miles max on any day, although intervals are likely to be less fun.

You and your fasts. I don’t know how you do it but I truly admire your willpower. Good luck. 
  • Options
    Piece of (no) cake!

5 miles this am, beat my time from last week by 6 seconds per mile (but still beat it!) even though mg first mile was slowed by my son being with me.  He ran probably 1/2 a mile then played soccer for the rest of the time i ran.  Then we played, together.  Was fun and i would love it if he keeps joining me.
  • Options
    Piece of (no) cake!

5 miles this am, beat my time from last week by 6 seconds per mile (but still beat it!) even though mg first mile was slowed by my son being with me.  He ran probably 1/2 a mile then played soccer for the rest of the time i ran.  Then we played, together.  Was fun and i would love it if he keeps joining me.
    That is great that you are getting to enjoy this time with your son. I shave a few seconds per mile off my time as well this morning. It’s not a lot but still feels like an accomplishment.