Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 663
    Nice!  What kind did you get?

Picture of running santas, please!
    It's a Reebok one. I forget which model.. kind of mid range, didn't want to spend a fortune but it had to be good enough... Max speed of 16kmph and 12° incline so should do the trick. I have a new role at work which is keeping me a little later into the evenings so this is going to help me get my midweek runs in while the wife is working.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883
    Yes!!  We need pictures of running Santa’s. I hope the suit is breathable when you run. Nice treadmill. I really want one, but my apartment will not allow for it. Let us know how you like the one you got. Good luck with the ultra training. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Yes!!  We need pictures of running Santa’s. I hope the suit is breathable when you run. Nice treadmill. I really want one, but my apartment will not allow for it. Let us know how you like the one you got. Good luck with the ultra training. 
    The race is organised by my uncle (of my 100 miler crew) he and his wife have a local running on club. He told me to be sure I wear something underneath as the suits are quite cheap and tend to come apart throughout the race.... So possibly quite breathable 😂
  • Options
    Placed 2nd in 20m30s... Quite happy with that time as I've done zero speed work for almost a year! Most of all it was good fun.. hot chocolate, mulled wine, warm sausage rolls and mince pies at the finish 🎄 it's beginning to look alot like Christmas.... (In a grey, wet English way)
  • Options

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Awesome, congrats! 🎉
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    That is awesome, Beano. Congrats on the race. 👏👏👏. It sounds like a lot of fun. How was running in the Santa suit?
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    That is awesome, Beano. Congrats on the race. 👏👏👏. It sounds like a lot of fun. How was running in the Santa suit?
    It was cold and wet so it was OK!😁
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,092
    Had a nice 4 mile Santa Toy Trot this morning. Here is me as a snowman.
  • Options
    pjbugs007 said:
    Cute. Was it hard running in that snowman suit? Nice work for charity though. Good for you. 
  • Options
    Ever since I got my booster last week my runs have felt harder. Maybe I just need to have more recovery from it. I have been managing to get all my miles in but my time as been a bit slower. Today was hard as well. My next run is Monday. Hopefully by then I will be back up to my normal speed. How is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    pjbugs007 said:
    Nice work, Thomas!
    You had the headpiece on the whole time?

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Ever since I got my booster last week my runs have felt harder. Maybe I just need to have more recovery from it. I have been managing to get all my miles in but my time as been a bit slower. Today was hard as well. My next run is Monday. Hopefully by then I will be back up to my normal speed. How is everyone else doing?
    Was unable to book the return to the orthopedist until Dec 23, my next off day.  Continue to rest, let my broken finger heal, as well.
    Hope the shot hangover goes away soon, good job on keeping the running up through it!
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Was unable to book the return to the orthopedist until Dec 23, my next off day.  Continue to rest, let my broken finger heal, as well.
    Hope the shot hangover goes away soon, good job on keeping the running up through it!
    Thanks. I didn’t know you broke your finger. I must have missed that. I hope that heals up soon, and that you get some good news at the orthopedist so you can get out there again. 
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    pjbugs007 said:
    Nice work, Thomas!

pjbugs007 said:
    Nice work, Thomas!

pjbugs007 said:
    Nice work, Thomas!

Yes I wore it the entire time.. it was super hot! But I enjoy dressing up! I don’t care about my time as much these days!
  • Options
    Me the snowman running!
  • Options
    pjbugs007 said:
    Me the snowman running!
    That is fantastic!!!

• Options
    Thanks GlowGirl!! Hope you got a little laugh out of it:)

• Options
    Last time I ran an hour I ran 25 hours... Nice and slow today, 3 weeks until the training block for Arran, time to get in gear
  • Options
    Wow did it feel?
    I told ymg wife this morning that last night I had a dream I was running.  :lol:
  • Options
    Hope everyone is doing well. I had a great 5.5 mile run today. The last two weeks of runs were really hard for some reason. It started after I took the booster 2 weeks ago, so I am blaming it on that. The runs felt difficult and I was drenched after more so than usual. My resting heart rate also went up a few beats. It is usually from 55-57. But after the booster it went up to 59. I know 59 is still good but I looked it up and there were some reports of the booster causing the resting heart rate to go up a few beats for a week or so. Today was the first day I woke up and my resting heart rate was down to 57, and my run was good with much less sweating. So maybe all is back to normal. 
  • Options
    Wow did it feel?
    I told ymg wife this morning that last night I had a dream I was running.  :lol:
    You will get there soon. How are you doing?
  • Options
    Glad the heart rate is going back down and you got a good run in.

Doing pretty well.  I can actually walk up and down stairs properly.  :)
    Hoping when I go to the doc this week I get released.
  • Options
    Awesome job Glowgirl!! Keep at it kid!!! that rate will slowly go back to your normal resting rate. I wish I could find my love for running again!:( I lost it training for my Ironman and never found it again!! Maybe one day I will fall in love with it again!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Well, went to the ortho today

Said the stress fracture looks healed up.  Good.
    Also said I have some chondromalacia issues, which is basically the kneecap tracking and the knee has been damaged by running.  
    No way to fix the lost cartilage other than some level of knee replacement when it gets worse.
    Told me there are three types of people who hear this 
    1.  Keep on running all of the time, fast track to knee replacement.
    2.  Stop running.  May never have to have surgery and find some other activity to replace.
    3.  People who mix running in with other, non impact, activities and who adapt to try and live within their pain threshold based on how it advances, what they do, and may or may not need surgery.

Gave me a bulky-ass brace meant to hold the kneecap in place, and a script for PT....so that I can learn how to run to limit this.  Will then provide some inserts to try and help

Got back to the car and wanted to punch someone or scream or something.

Instead I drove home, put on the brace, and ran, for the first time in about two months.
    I thought about some people I know who are dealing with real problems right now, and it gave me some good perspective.  
    I'll decide what I'm going to - but I'm guessing I will be person 1 or 3.  :lol:

I feel good for how many days I went without running.  
    Heart rate was way higher than normal but my time was fine....about where I normally might be on an easy run/ without pushing.  (Although it wasn't easy, today, I was angry and I did push and even had to walk a bit when my heart rate was over 180)

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options

Also said I have some chondromalacia issues, which is basically the kneecap tracking and the knee has been damaged by running.  
    No way to fix the lost cartilage other than some level of knee replacement when it gets worse.
    2.  Stop running.  May never have to have surgery and find some other activity to replace.
    3.  People who mix running in with other, non impact, activities and who adapt to try and live within their pain threshold based on how it advances, what they do, and may or may not need surgery.

Gave me a bulky-ass brace meant to hold the kneecap in place, and a script for PT....so that I can learn how to run to limit this.  Will then provide some inserts to try and help

Instead I drove home, put on the brace, and ran, for the first time in about two months.
    I thought about some people I know who are dealing with real problems right now, and it gave me some good perspective.  
    I'll decide what I'm going to - but I'm guessing I will be person 1 or 3.  :lol:

Heart rate was way higher than normal but my time was fine....about where I normally might be on an easy run/ without pushing.  (Although it wasn't easy, today, I was angry and I did push and even had to walk a bit when my heart rate was over 180)

Sorry to hear that the news wasn't what you had hoped. I know that option 2 would not work for you. I hope you are not in too much pain. It sounds like you are going to learn to deal with it. Perhaps the PT can show you ways to minimize or prevent more damage to your knee. I am sure it felt good to finally get out and run. Your time was great. It is good that you know your limits after having to take a break. Good luck. I know how much you love running.

• Options
    Thanks, it'll work out some way.
  • Options

Really hope you can figure out a way to safely continue running!

• Options
    keeping it slow, but building the miles back up. Starting to get excited again