The Food Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    eddiec said:
    Vongole for lunch.

Damn that looks legit!!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited March 2021
    Lunch in rainy Philly, while getting the Easter meatballs out of the way

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Sparkling Rose?
    Are those radishes?

Looks great! Cheers!!
    eddiec said:

Sparkling Rose?
    Are those radishes?
    Yeah rose brut and toasted baguette with butter, radish and herbs 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    eddiec said:
    One of the things I love most in this world.
    Do you make your pasta?
    I don't. The main reason being that I like my pasta severely undercooked and fresh pasta is just too soft for my liking. 
    Unless I'm making ravioli.
    Edit: I don't eat as much pasta as I used so I've upgraded my brand. I go with Garofalo or La Molisana and another brand I can't remember. They're expensive as hell for pasta but so worth it.
    Interesting.
    I live fresh pasta but certainly had plenty of dried pasta that is amazing.

Rustichella used to be a good dried one, I remember. I don’t eat much pasta, but when I did, I’d buy that one. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Lamby goodness.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

Amazing. Absolutely love lamb chops 
    Lamb friggen rules 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Yummmmm, pasta and lamb dishes.  They look amazing.

Tonight I made salmon Wellington (aka en cruté), saffron rice with sautéed garlic and onions, and steamed asparagus.  For dessert I made puff pastries stuffed with braised apples in a brown sugar, bourbon, and roasted pecan sauce.  Served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a homemade butterscotch syrup drizzle.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697
    Yummmmm, pasta and lamb dishes.  They look amazing.

Tonight I made salmon Wellington (aka en cruté), saffron rice with sautéed garlic and onions, and steamed asparagus.  For dessert I made puff pastries stuffed with braised apples in a brown sugar, bourbon, and roasted pecan sauce.  Served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a homemade butterscotch syrup drizzle.

Wow. Amazing!!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Top notch!
    Made my first Brisket yesterday. Decent results. Flat was a bit dry, but the point was very juicy.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Garlic, shallots, parsley, basil, and tomatoes in olive oil served with spaghettini noodles and a green salad.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Looks great!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697
    Garlic, shallots, parsley, basil, and tomatoes in olive oil served with spaghettini noodles and a green salad.

That looks delicious and very healthy. 

BBQ- Queen scallops, artichokes and one massive prawn.
    eddiec said:

BBQ- Queen scallops, artichokes and one massive prawn.
    As always, it is food art!
    Sure it tastes great, as well.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Baking this leg of lamb for tonight wife is working tomorrow so we’re doing lamb dinner tonight with yellow rice & mushroom sauce and salads! Wish I was cooking outside on open fire but temperatures are still too cold it would of taken all day to cook.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Done to perfection my wife is a pro at cooking leg of lamb it’s so damn juicy.
    Damn, very nice!
    Jose that looks awesome!   
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Looks great Jose!
    Happy Easter everyone we’re doing baked ham, crab cakes, blueberry pancakes, deviled eggs potato salad, I’m having a fried egg over my crab cake. No alcohol I’m driving to my parents in a bit to bring them food..
    I would pop down about 5 of those deviled eggs, easily.  
    Looks great!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    edited April 2021
    Got these on the BBQ for a late lunch

2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    It's a Honolulu Fish Company weekend.  Ordered 3 pounds of tuna (ultra) and 2 pounds of salmon.  Having some people over for the first time in a year basically. Looking forward to it very much.
    That is a great lunch!

So, I am not in any way associated with this company - just here to shill on this sweet product I had never heard of before Christmas, when Mrs. FMe gifted me some pans.  One was a relatively easy buy since I had a large non-stick which was 10+ years old and done....so a replacement was received very well.

The other was a net-new pan which produced a much less than enthusiastic response from me.  I was gracious but questioned to myself why I need another pan like this...more space in the cabinet, it looks kinda strange, sounds like a Seen on TV pitch she is giving me....
    Well, it is pretty damn sweet. 
    Can do pretty much anything in it and the spruce steaming add ons (got 2) make this a whole different thing - the steaming basket that comes with it is great, but the actual steaming rigs for the top are awesome. 
    Only negative is that it doesn't go in the oven...although I have a number of cast iron and stainless devices for that need.

Figured I would share - know many are always buying shit for their kitchens.  4/4 stars for this thing - the only thing I use more at this point is my cast iron. 

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    edited April 2021
    It's a Honolulu Fish Company weekend.  Ordered 3 pounds of tuna (ultra) and 2 pounds of salmon.  Having some people over for the first time in a year basically. Looking forward to it very much.
    Hell yeah! I did the same thing. Did 2lbs of Ultra and 2lbs of Opah. Mom's in town for first time in year, so looking forward to delivery tomorrow. Enjoy brotha!