A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• I watched Biden sworn in and i must say it did make me more hopeful  for you guys over there  seems a real man. Humble and real
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Anyone else  at the end of their  rope.
    I cant see a future  anymore
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Anyone else  at the end of their  rope.
    Fuck the future R,!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • True 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Anyone else  at the end of their  rope.
    I was due to hormonal changes but I've started to feel better the last few days.  Sending hugs and good vibes @lastexitlondon
  • I watched Biden sworn in and i must say it did make me more hopeful  for you guys over there  seems a real man. Humble and real
    Yeah what a relief!
  • jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Does anyone have any guidance on how to navigate the daily rollercoaster that I'm currently trying to ride? I'm struggling big time to keep everything together and it's getting harder to do. It seems like for every one peice of good news there's 3 worse case scenarios that are in the mix and I can't get the worst case out of my head.  All the progress I have made since the spring is gone, back to square one. 

[img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Small things I find. Like the sun rise or a walk in the snow. Something  simple may break your thoughts.  But in all honesty  atm its so bleak every direction  is sorrow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    jhager79 said:
    Does anyone have any guidance on how to navigate the daily rollercoaster that I'm currently trying to ride? I'm struggling big time to keep everything together and it's getting harder to do. It seems like for every one peice of good news there's 3 worse case scenarios that are in the mix and I can't get the worst case out of my head.  All the progress I have made since the spring is gone, back to square one. 

@jhager79

I’m sorry that your struggling right now.  It seems to be going around.  I think everyone is just tired . . . Of covid . . .  Of winter . . . Of everything.   Sending hugs.

i have found a CBT technique that has helped me in the past is when I catch my self focussing on something negative, I say, out loud, “stop!” and I pick something positive to focus on.  It could be anything a memory, a picture, etc.  It allows me to get out of that particular negative moment, and to break the cycle even if it’s for a short time.  Rob’s suggestion of  a walk or some mild form exercise is also helpful.

Good luck.  We’re always here if you need to vent or whatever.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Thanks @lastexitlondon and @Fifthelement for the support. I'm going to try again to refocus from the negative thoughts and try and remember something positive.  Working in grocery store it's sometimes tough when we're constantly surrounded by people who don't think distancing rules apply to them. Think I may be developing an issue with crowds, which is not good. 
    Definitely savoring my walks now that it's winter and most people are hiding inside. Think I may need this place more than I thought, grateful for this. Lots of you are a lot stronger than I could ever be. Thanks for the support. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Love and strength to all of you!  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Love and strength to all of you!  
  • Thanks  rgambs you are someone I really respect and look up to.  I find myself agreeing with lots you say. A good soul.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• jhager79 said:
    Thanks @lastexitlondon and @Fifthelement for the support. I'm going to try again to refocus from the negative thoughts and try and remember something positive.  Working in grocery store it's sometimes tough when we're constantly surrounded by people who don't think distancing rules apply to them. Think I may be developing an issue with crowds, which is not good. 
    Definitely savoring my walks now that it's winter and most people are hiding inside. Think I may need this place more than I thought, grateful for this. Lots of you are a lot stronger than I could ever be. Thanks for the support. 
    You seem so strong going to work in a pandemic  is beyond  my powers.
    Give yourself credit I believe you are the strong one. I'm always free to listen here.  I miss this page. So I for one am glad you came by.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• And fifth is our calmest most thoughtful friend here. Always so kind and positive.  Love to all of you.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

((((Hugs)))) and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to you all.  Working retail can be a challenge at the best of times never mind during a pandemic.  Enjoy your walks.  I like to let my mind wander and daydream during my walks. 

• I need to share . 
    I have a 3 year old . We live in a 2 bed flat and there  are 4 of us.
    I cannot cope at all. She is super intelligent  and needs constant  stimulating. 
    She talks at me non stop and won't  accept  my answers.  I feel myself being rude or abrupt and I hate myself.  Now I'm back in a pattern  of addiction. We don't leave our flat much only to walk around very local.
    I hate what I've become.  I don't have brain capacity  to be better everything  just confuses the fuck out of me. 
    I've got nothing  left in the tank at all. I feel my blood boiling so easily
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I need to share . 
    I have a 3 year old . We live in a 2 bed flat and there  are 4 of us.
    I cannot cope at all. She is super intelligent  and needs constant  stimulating. 
    She talks at me non stop and won't  accept  my answers.  I feel myself being rude or abrupt and I hate myself.  Now I'm back in a pattern  of addiction. We don't leave our flat much only to walk around very local.
    I hate what I've become.  I don't have brain capacity  to be better everything  just confuses the fuck out of me. 
    I've got nothing  left in the tank at all. I feel my blood boiling so easily
    That must be really hard Rob.  Are you able to arrange it so that each of the adults can share both engagement time with your daughter as well as alone time?  It must be very hard for your little one as well.  She’s unable to meet and play with children her own age. Do you guys have a scheduled exercise, quiet time, or reading time?  Might be a good time to start a yoga routine lol

Alternatively, have you googled how to entertain a three year old? Colouring, Lego, puppet shows, etc.

I  wish you much luck.  Just remember, if you snap at her or get short with her, to please apologise.  And if you find yourself getting angry, take a time out for yourself.  I think at age three all children can be annoying, but when everyone is tired with covid and winter, it’s even worse.  
  • @lastexitlondon It sounds like you are being hard on yourself. It's a cold dark winter and most us us are stuck indoors. I like @Fifthelement's suggestions.  Remember to be kind to yourself x
  • I want to just throw the towel in , I never would and know I will get past this but the last few months have been the hardest I have had in a long time.

I find myself withdrawn from everything , not caring , taking naps a lot , going to bed super early , my stomach has been killing me for weeks and today I finally called my doctor and they did some xrays today along with blood work and urine just to make sure I don't have any type of infection or something else that may be causing these pains ( other than stress and anxiety ) honestly just finally going to the doctors already has me feeling a little better.

Two weeks ago I walked into the grocery story and was maksed up and saw everyone with mask and it just hit me so hard " I want this over with " and I just started to cry , left the store and just wept in my car.

Winters are rough , cold weather , sun going down early , no were to go at all , its coming up on a year of hugging someone in my family. I know collectively we are all going thru this and that is what makes it harder for me to post something like this.

I don't think anyone would judge me but I feel like " everyone is going thru this , at least you still have a job and a house and your wife and health who am I to complain" but it just feels like the walls closing in at times.

Most of this was just to vent , if I raised anyone's anxiety from this my apologizes and love to you all.

@Matts3221

(((Hugs))) I hope that your tests all come back negative. Sounds like your sliding in to a depression. I hope you’re able to get what you need.  

btw, just because everyone is “going through it” doesn’t mean that you’re not allowed to feel what you feel just because you’re not in a worse position than others. 

Just try to get through one day at a time.  Maybe do some laugh therapy. Put some comedies on the tube: “O Brother” always makes me laugh and is eminently quotable. Everything’s me me or my husband says “damn” the other always responds, “we’re in a tight spot.” Stand in front of the mirror and laugh, Think of a silly thing a pet of your did / does. Allow yourself to let go and just laugh.  Also, if you have a UV light, some light therapy might help.  Thinking of you and cheering you on.  I know you’ve worked really hard to get to a good spot in your life, it’s frustrating that things beyond your control are threatening your mental health.  Just keep reaching out, we’re here for you.  We are all, at some level, going through the shit right now, so know that you are not alone.

S xx
    Thanks  rgambs you are someone I really respect and look up to.  I find myself agreeing with lots you say. A good soul.
    Thanks!  
    For what it's worth, and I know I'm not the first to say it, you don't come across as someone who is having trouble with cognition...you seem about 10x more on top of things than the average shitwit I deal with in a normal day.

Thanks  rgambs you are someone I really respect and look up to.  I find myself agreeing with lots you say. A good soul.
    Thanks!  
    For what it's worth, and I know I'm not the first to say it, you don't come across as someone who is having trouble with cognition...you seem about 10x more on top of things than the average shitwit I deal with in a normal day.

• @Matts3221

(((Hugs))) I hope that your tests all come back negative. Sounds like your sliding in to a depression. I hope you’re able to get what you need.  

btw, just because everyone is “going through it” doesn’t mean that you’re not allowed to feel what you feel just because you’re not in a worse position than others. 

Just try to get through one day at a time.  Maybe do some laugh therapy. Put some comedies on the tube: “O Brother” always makes me laugh and is eminently quotable. Everything’s me me or my husband says “damn” the other always responds, “we’re in a tight spot.” Stand in front of the mirror and laugh, Think of a silly thing a pet of your did / does. Allow yourself to let go and just laugh.  Also, if you have a UV light, some light therapy might help.  Thinking of you and cheering you on.  I know you’ve worked really hard to get to a good spot in your life, it’s frustrating that things beyond your control are threatening your mental health.  Just keep reaching out, we’re here for you.  We are all, at some level, going through the shit right now, so know that you are not alone.

S xx
    Thank you for the kind words. I’m definitely slipping into depression and that was why I made the doctors appointment today.

my wife is helping me find a new therapist and I do have a SAD lamp and I just need to use it.

exercise got me Thur most of this but my place is too small for a treadmill and i just can’t go out when it is 15-20 degrees outside to run.

My hope is baby steps , I’m hopeful all test come back ok and they tell me it’s my nerves getting the best of me , started eating better last night as stomach pains are not good for shitty food. March is just around the corner , get those temps up to 50 and I can get back out there.

everything just sucks and thank you for letting me realize it’s fine for me to complain. I know I have not posted on here much this winter but I may use it as a tool as well to keep myself on track and talk to you all a little more.

going have some soup and try to relax for the night

edited February 2021
    It’s awesome that you recognised the signs and got to your doctor’s right away. Do you have space for a mini-trampoline or to jump rope? Are there stairs that you can climb?  Perhaps adapting what you do have access to in your home into a personal workout routine might help engage both your mind and your body. If you want a good laugh along with a workout see if YouTube has any 80’s-era aerobic workouts.  If you do that, you must dress the part (including the hair) and post some videos for us.😳😂😂😂

Post edited by Fifthelement on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    rgambs said:
    Thanks!  

agreed
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • It’s awesome that you recognised the signs and got to your doctor’s right away. Do you have space for a mini-trampoline or to jump rope? Are there stairs that you can climb?  Perhaps adapting what you do have access to in your home into a personal workout routine might help engage both your mind and your body. If you want a good laugh along with a workout see if YouTube has any 80’s-era aerobic workouts.  If you do that, you must dress the part (including the hair) and post some videos for us.😳😂😂😂

thank you for a well needed laugh today , yes I do have space to jumprope , yoga , stairs. I think when I get to a certain state of mind I tend to think if the thing I want to do can not work , I don't think there is a backup.

Sounds like I got some stair walking to do when I get home tonight.

• It really  means so much that you guys are here and supportive.  Thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Had a tough patch earlier - not quite an anxiety thing, but not quite not.

How’d it pass? A few muffled guttural screams, some tears, and time. Still feel the after-effects though; kinda like a migraine, it lingers quietly. 

Man, I hate this shit. Thankful it hasn’t happened in a while. Good riddance, motherfucker. 
    hedonist said:
    Had a tough patch earlier - not quite an anxiety thing, but not quite not.

How’d it pass? A few muffled guttural screams, some tears, and time. Still feel the after-effects though; kinda like a migraine, it lingers quietly. 

Man, I hate this shit. Thankful it hasn’t happened in a while. Good riddance, motherfucker. 
    (((Hugs))) Thinking of you Hedo.  Keep breathing.