Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,834
    Its all closing in on me. One of my best friends  and tour buddy has  covid  a couple of streets up. Fuck all this 
    I know it is a scary time. I hope your friend will be ok. As a few people above mentioned, people recover from it. I had it in March and fully recovered in about 10 days. I hope your friend will have the same outcome. Try to focus on that. All we can do it try to take all the precautions we can. As Matts suggested, maybe try to do something nice for your friend. That can help you feel better as well. I hope you both feel better soon.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    Tonight I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.  My wife is flying tomorrow to Alaska for two weeks (all kinds of reasons to be worried about that) and next Tuesday is... (need I say more?). 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    @lastexitlondon I add my good wishes that your friend makes a full and complete recovery.  @brianlux I understand your anxiety. You are not alone regarding Tuesday anxiety. Safe travels to your wife.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    @lastexitlondon I add my good wishes that your friend makes a full and complete recovery.  @brianlux I understand your anxiety. You are not alone regarding Tuesday anxiety. Safe travels to your wife.

Thanks, Fifth!

Rob, buddy, hang in there. We're here for you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Ive got myself is a right  mess. 
    Long story, i got fixated on my health  in a way i never  found.  Food. Fucked up. 
    Im weak and angry and tired  and i dont  know whats right  to do.  I feel like i know you friends. And i actually  was sitting crying  thinking  that i will never meet you all , i had the feeling i would love to but it made me sad.
    I have addiction issues i am dangerous to myself in a way not suicide way but im trapped and as i have 4 kids 2 are out at work in this horrible pandemic it kills my soul and i burry it under substance. Cant get away from  hiding.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    @lastexitlondon I feel your fear and frustration Rob.  Sending you love and hugs.  I know it’s not much, but it’s what I’ve got to give.  ((((Hugs))))
  • Options
    @lastexitlondon I feel your fear and frustration Rob.  Sending you love and hugs.  I know it’s not much, but it’s what I’ve got to give.  ((((Hugs))))
    Thank you so much for caring. It does mean a lot
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Rob:

I think maybe 50 pages back I said one day we would go to a PJ show in your neck of the woods , that I would love to fly out and actual meet you and I do believe that will still happen. Maybe 2022 , 2023 , all I know is once this has pass and it will , I will be living life to the fullest , no longer putting off a trip for another year. Or not go to a show because whatever the band is will come back later that year. Keep the hope Rob , I don't have addiction issues , so I don't want to say anything there. My wife is 7 1/2 years clean off of opioids , I can just say that Zoom NA  meetings have been very helpful for her. You don't have to show you face or even talk if you don't want too. Sometimes just hearing others in the same boat can bring comfort. Just know I do think of you as a friend.

@brianlux I think all of us are just waiting for Tuesday.  I have a lot of hope though I really do.

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

Rob:

I think maybe 50 pages back I said one day we would go to a PJ show in your neck of the woods , that I would love to fly out and actual meet you and I do believe that will still happen. Maybe 2022 , 2023 , all I know is once this has pass and it will , I will be living life to the fullest , no longer putting off a trip for another year. Or not go to a show because whatever the band is will come back later that year. Keep the hope Rob , I don't have addiction issues , so I don't want to say anything there. My wife is 7 1/2 years clean off of opioids , I can just say that Zoom NA  meetings have been very helpful for her. You don't have to show you face or even talk if you don't want too. Sometimes just hearing others in the same boat can bring comfort. Just know I do think of you as a friend.

@brianlux I think all of us are just waiting for Tuesday.  I have a lot of hope though I really do.

Yes, Matts, let's keep the hope going!

Rob, I hope your hanging in there.

• Options

So of course as an American I have been very anxiety ridden this whole election but last night took it too a new level.

Trump speaking from the white house was one of the scariest things I have ever seen in my life. The sad part is I knew he would say these things , however to actual hear them coming out of his mouth and literally  trying to have legal votes throw away because he is losing shook me to my core.

I started to shake , my wife took me upstairs. This morning I feel better I know the rule of law will stand , however the actions of this man will effect our country far past this election as many of his supports will believe anything that is coming out of his mouth.

I could not speak , I could not sleep ( at least not longer than an hour last night ) , eating has fallen off the scale the past couple of days. I know everyone around the world is most likely also having trouble with this behavior. I just needed a place to vent it and I hope this post did not make anyone else start to feel anxious.

• Options
    (((Hugs))) to you @Matts3221.  I hope that you’re doing better today.  I understand your anxiety and your fears.
  • Options
    (((Hugs))) to you @Matts3221.  I hope that you’re doing better today.  I understand your anxiety and your fears.
    Thank you! The election called just mins ago to Biden and I’m just crying on my couch in joy 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,834
    Matts3221 said:
    Thank you! The election called just mins ago to Biden and I’m just crying on my couch in joy 
    Tears of joy are great. Many of us are feeling relief today. It’s like holding your breath for four years and finally getting to exhale. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    feel like america, and by extension, the planet, may have dodged a bullet getting that sack of shit out of the white house. who know what he would have done in a second term with no need to cater to anyone but himself and his party. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    Do those of you who keep journals ever go back and read them? I have a hard time doing that. Either it’s too painful or I feel stupid for being in the same situation over and over again. 

This is the start of a difficult season for me. Every year it’s the same. I’m fighting suicidal urges while trying to pretend to be in the holiday spirit. I can’t really talk to anyone. The people I trusted are dead. The rest I no longer trust. I had my first therapy appointment but the audio cut out for half of it. Not that it mattered. It’ll take a long time for me to open up again, even to a therapist. Maybe I’m beyond help. 

In addition to journaling, I started writing letters to certain people. I’ll never send them but it’s a way of getting closure I hope. At least I finally realized I need to do this for myself. None of the people I’m writing to are worth my time or my thoughts. I just have to get rid of this anger and resentment and move on. And be grateful for the friends that are worth keeping and truly care about me. 

why try to front holiday spirit? you don't feel it, fine. seems an awful lot of unnecessary work to do what exactly? Appease those around you? Fuck that noise.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I wrote journals and man so sad to read. Really knock the guts out of me. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I wrote journals and man so sad to read. Really knock the guts out of me. 
    do you play any instrument Rob? ever considered picking up a guitar or a uke and just letting it bleed?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Yes i play guitar a bit and bass a bit
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Yes i play guitar a bit and bass a bit
    ever write music?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    you journal, so you have material for lyrics.....put it together with some music. could be intensely therapeutic. at least i find it sometimes to be. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I never did do that 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I cannot see my travails paired with music. I think I’d start laughing :lol:
  • Options
    Ive fucking gone under. I woke at 2am. So i watched a pod cast it had tony hawks on so I though  safe. They then went on to talk about head injuries i thought  maybe i should stop as i have symptoms and i have health anxiety  over brain disorders. 
    I googled some shit i havent done that in years now i can't  breathe and i need  help.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    Ive fucking gone under. I woke at 2am. So i watched a pod cast it had tony hawks on so I though  safe. They then went on to talk about head injuries i thought  maybe i should stop as i have symptoms and i have health anxiety  over brain disorders. 
    I googled some shit i havent done that in years now i can't  breathe and i need  help.
    Put your mask on and go for walk R., take some fresh air..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited November 2020
    Also you might download the Plum Village app, it has Thich Nhat Hanh videos on it. He is the most soothing person to listen to on earth. 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Thank you i walked and called my dr. I cant carry on like this
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Rob, I hope that you had a better day after talking to your doctor. 
  • Options
    Sorry to bring this page back up. But so many are in turmoil that I'm wearing it.
    I feel the  pain and the massive fear. I heard 1 person every 6 mins dying of covid in USA. My heart cant take it im serious  I know we care but fuck man
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

I know saying deep breaths is such a generic thing to say but deep breaths , hold them for 5 seconds and let them out.

It is scary in the US right now , with that said vaccines are happening ( I know three people so far in the healthcare field who have gotten it and other than a slightly sore arm like the flu shoot for 1-3 days nothing else )

My mom is getting her first shot this week , we swore in a new president today.

None of this is going to fix everything but I feel more hope than I did a few months ago , they have ( at least in the US ) telling us how bad winter was going to be , that it would be our darkest days. So I knew it was coming and I know next month here in the US is going to worst than this month but again I have hope.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone in my family is going to get the vaccine so once the summer rolls around we can at least all hang out as a family , I will take that over the past 10 months.