Will we get live PJ shows, as we knew them, in 2021?

12346»

Comments

• SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    No
    Doesn't look like it will happen this year :(
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    No
    Yeah right I’ll be lucky if I get vaccinated before the New Years ball drops, let alone see a concert. Prove me wrong world.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Yeah right I’ll be lucky if I get vaccinated before the New Years ball drops, let alone see a concert. Prove me wrong world.

You'll be vaccinated by July or sooner.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited January 2021
    Yes
    If the band is as “cautious” as some people say, to the point where they feel Fall 2021 in the US is off the table, then why hasn’t Europe 2021 been canceled yet?  Seems like they’re hanging on to some hope there still

I think the band wants to get back on the road more than a lot of people may think
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    If the band is as “cautious” as some people say, to the point where they feel Fall 2021 in the US is off the table, then why hasn’t Europe 2021 been canceled yet?  Seems like they’re hanging on to some hope there still

I think the band wants to get back on the road more than a lot of people may think
    basically this.  They will do the right thing one way or another.  Holding on to hope, whether that seems far fetched or not to some, is really not a high crime.  Everyone is in a rush to have the future clear, it is going to take time.  It is incredibly likely that within the next month Europe dates might get cancelled/postponed.  But waiting until it is absolutely certain seems pretty prudent if not okay to me.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited January 2021
    No
    At this rate, rip the bandaid off and reschedule dates to next year so we’re not left guessing what’s to come this year. 

If a one-off show is possible like Ohana or SHN, it’s a bonus for all of us in 2021 and hopefully they offer a streaming option to maximize the reach to fans globally. 

Can’t imagine the logistics of returning to a more normal concert tour experience (let alone with multiple states handling it differently) would be a good business decision... unless they sold 1/3 as many tickets at 3x the price to offset lower attendance.

As someone else mentioned, bands like RATM and PJ look like they’ll be doing an election year tour after all, but for the midterms.
  • tschav said:
    At this rate, rip the bandaid off and reschedule dates to next year so we’re not left guessing what’s to come this year. 

If a one-off show is possible like Ohana or SHN, it’s a bonus for all of us in 2021 and hopefully they offer a streaming option to maximize the reach to fans globally. 

Can’t imagine the logistics of returning to a more normal concert tour experience (let alone with multiple states handling it differently) would be a good business decision... unless they sold 1/3 as many tickets at 3x the price to offset lower attendance.

As someone else mentioned, bands like RATM and PJ look like they’ll be doing an election year tour after all, but for the midterms.
    Please no.   Whenever we get past this last thing I want or we need is a political rally either side. Just want to be able to celebrate and let as loose as will be reasonable given the situation at that point and time. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • If the band is as “cautious” as some people say, to the point where they feel Fall 2021 in the US is off the table, then why hasn’t Europe 2021 been canceled yet?  Seems like they’re hanging on to some hope there still

Europe is almost impossible.  Too soon, too many countries, not enough vaccines.

Now, fall in North America? That could happen.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    tschav said:

Please no.   Whenever we get past this last thing I want or we need is a political rally either side. Just want to be able to celebrate and let as loose as will be reasonable given the situation at that point and time. 
     the deadliest pandemic in 100 years was politicized, but let’s not do that to rock concerts? Didn’t rock music gain tremendous popularity because it was a vehicle for international protest in its infancy?
  • No
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    At this point it would be nice if they canceled the spring 2020 tour and refund people their money.
    I'm getting to this point as well.  I'm holding tickets to 3 shows still, but if we're staring down a 2+ year wait on those shows, and not knowing how they will look or which shows may get cancelled, it almost seems that scrapping the whole thing and starting over when they're ready to tour is the right move. 

Fully agree -  the time where the band or most bands think of the fans first over the money are long since gone.  This is all about keeping the money as long as possible
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    edited January 2021
    No
    Euro haven't  even started  vaccinating  hardly at all. So usa may have many more vaccinated earlier  but still nowhere near safe. And I agree above I know I won't  be vaccinated  before Sept earliest
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tschav said:

the deadliest pandemic in 100 years was politicized, but let’s not do that to rock concerts? Didn’t rock music gain tremendous popularity because it was a vehicle for international protest in its infancy?
    Thank you for making my point.  
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    No

Let's hope the immunity holds up. 
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited January 2021
    No
    post deleted by me.
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it