The Food Thread

Comments

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tonight We made three ribeyes in this new air fryer we just got.    Holy shit, so tender I cut it with a fork.  I love cooking steaks on the grill but the air fryer made it so much juicer and tender.  Just added salt and olive oil.  
    Alright....ive cooked a chicken, wings, meatballs, fries, crab cakes and a few other things in air fryer, but steak? Never thought of trying that. How did you monitor temp? I may give it a shot on a rainy night.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tonight We made three ribeyes in this new air fryer we just got.    Holy shit, so tender I cut it with a fork.  I love cooking steaks on the grill but the air fryer made it so much juicer and tender.  Just added salt and olive oil.  
    Alright....ive cooked a chicken, wings, meatballs, fries, crab cakes and a few other things in air fryer, but steak? Never thought of trying that. How did you monitor temp? I may give it a shot on a rainy night.
    We have a temp gauge.  Six minutes a side at 400.   Perfect medium to medium rare.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    We have a temp gauge.  Six minutes a side at 400.   Perfect medium to medium rare.  
    I'm intrigued. Ill give it a run this week when I get home. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    We have trays in ours as opposed to a basket. Except for the lack of char marks the steaks turned out perfect   
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    We have trays in ours as opposed to a basket. Except for the lack of char marks the steaks turned out perfect   
    I think ours is the same. Im game to try if for sure. Thanks for the idea dude.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I never thought about throwing a steak in a Air Fryer either. My fear is, even if Air Fried to the Temp I like(Medium rare) the steak would still be dry.

I may give it a try.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

Whitefish salad (from Russ & Daughters for those of you who are familiar with that place) on a toasted whole wheat everything bagel. Whitefish salad is so good. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    GlowGirl said:

Whitefish salad (from Russ & Daughters for those of you who are familiar with that place) on a toasted whole wheat everything bagel. Whitefish salad is so good. 
    Piss off, @GlowGirl
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Cacio e pepe

Is the enligsh translation fettuccine alfredo with black pepper?  ;) 
    Never heard of that meal, looks perfect for a cold winter day.
    Cheese and pepper.  It’s awesome 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I enjoy both cheese and pepper. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I enjoy both cheese and pepper. 
    Can confirm both cheese and pepper are delicious 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Cacio e pepe

Looks good, like the plate.  Fresh noods?

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Cacio e pepe

Mmmmmmm *Homer Simpson drool*

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    I had some leftover shredded pork left from dinner the other night so I dumped a ton of southern sweet heat bbq sauce on it and stuffed it, along with rice and a southwest corn mix, in some garlic butter buns.  Unfortunately, I forgot to add cheese and I think I’ll add more meat next time, however, they were tasty nonetheless.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    I like it - look great and sound great!
    Fresh mozzarella from a local Italian store.  Hells yes.  
    Aren't the tomats sad right now?
    I haven't had a truly good tomato in months. 
    That cheese is awesome, I'm sure!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^Whoa!  Looks great.  Nothing better than a good caprese salad.  Fme, you're right.  Tomatoes suck right now.  Can't wait until they're back in season.
    A bad tomato is better than most other food!
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    edited December 2020
    Better than a sad tomato...

https://youtu.be/mLeHX8LZOHU

Just got home from work and stuffed bell peppers were waiting for meee. No time for pictures, I ate them too quickly!

Edit for picture: Leftovers found in the fridge.. may not be the fanciest but sure tastes good.

Post edited by hauntingfamiliar on
    A bad tomato is better than most other food!
    Yeah I'm still eating them, just jonesing for summer tomato tastes.
    I mean they weren’t Jersey tomato’s but they were really really good.  Had that snap when you bite into them.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    I mean they weren’t Jersey tomato’s but they were really really good.  Had that snap when you bite into them.  
    Really?  Nice.  Where did you get them?

mcgruff10 said:

Lidl’s! Love that store.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Lidl’s! Love that store.  
    Interesting.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Better than a sad tomato...

https://youtu.be/mLeHX8LZOHU

Just got home from work and stuffed bell peppers were waiting for meee. No time for pictures, I ate them too quickly!

Edit for picture: Leftovers found in the fridge.. may not be the fanciest but sure tastes good.

Looks good. What's it stuffed with?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Thanks. Beef, tomatoes, onion, rice and parmesan..  Mmmm.