The Food Thread

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    GlowGirl said:
    Not sure if we should have a baking thread but this Kuchen is a staple during tea time in Chile specially in late summer when the best peaches have been harvested! We made this one with Pears I can’t get fresh peaches here in NY this time a year. 

That looks so good!! Is it more like a bread or a pie?
    It’s more like a cake or pound cake 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    GlowGirl said:
    Not sure if we should have a baking thread but this Kuchen is a staple during tea time in Chile specially in late summer when the best peaches have been harvested! We made this one with Pears I can’t get fresh peaches here in NY this time a year. 

That looks so good!! Is it more like a bread or a pie?
    It’s more like a cake or pound cake 
    Yummy!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859

eddiec said:

Love baked clams! 
  • Yes, please!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    Dropped out for a bit. Still need to put my Sheppards pie recipe on here…

Anyways, tonight was my twist on a southwest shakshouka with chorizo. Still working getting the eggs to settle in better, but whatever. Was delicious.

Anyways, tonight was my twist on a southwest shakshouka with chorizo. Still working getting the eggs to settle in better, but whatever. Was delicious.

Uhmm yummy 😋 it almost looks like Guevos Rancheros 
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,417
    edited January 19
    I gotta ask before I throw in my 2 cents..

You fine folks who say you won't cook a steak in the air fryer? Why not? How does it go south? How are preparing the steak? 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,417
    Ha...posted that in wrong thread.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

It’s not far off from huevos rancheros. I served it over rice with lots of cilantro. 

It’s not far off from huevos rancheros. I served it over rice with lots of cilantro. 
    Yes perfect! If I eat huevos rancheros for breakfast I’m usually good till dinner 😋
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,779
    edited January 19
    I have probably had 20 different versions of Huevos Rancheros. That looks more like a shaukshika.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Have been working on this for the past couple days and good to go today. Pretty pumped 

https://www.bonappeteach.com/authentic-chicago-italian-beef-recipe/

Looks incredible. Have a spot by me that makes  a really good one 
  • Have been working on this for the past couple days and good to go today. Pretty pumped 

Drooling!

BTW, have you been to Andra Hem?  Worked that into the walkabout with a buddy on Friday and drinks and food were both enjoyable.
    Have been working on this for the past couple days and good to go today. Pretty pumped 

Awesome. Love a good Italian beef!

An old timer I worked with many years ago made fantastic Italian beef. His uncle once had an Italian beef joint in Chicago back in the late 60s -early 70s. I tried like hell to get the recipe from him, but the bastard wouldn’t give it up. It was for family only. 

Drooling!

BTW, have you been to Andra Hem?  Worked that into the walkabout with a buddy on Friday and drinks and food were both enjoyable.
    Nice! I actually don’t think I’ve really heard of it, but need a place to get drinks this Wednesday, to that might be it. Looks cool. Feel like I heard something about it opening but haven’t thought about it since 

Awesome. Love a good Italian beef!

An old timer I worked with many years ago made fantastic Italian beef. His uncle once had an Italian beef joint in Chicago back in the late 60s -early 70s. I tried like hell to get the recipe from him, but the bastard wouldn’t give it up. It was for family only. 
    No idea how authentic or good this will be but it smelled incredible while cooking last night. 

I’ve never had one at all, so nothing to compare it to. Next time I’m in Chicago for sure 
  • Have been working on this for the past couple days and good to go today. Pretty pumped 

Drooling!

Nice! I actually don’t think I’ve really heard of it, but need a place to get drinks this Wednesday, to that might be it. Looks cool. Feel like I heard something about it opening but haven’t thought about it since 
    Yeah, think you can dig it.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Braciole was a success. First time making it. First time having it in about ten years. Used my mom's recipe but added provolone. 

www.myspace.com
    Braciole was a success. First time making it. First time having it in about ten years. Used my mom's recipe but added provolone. 

Marvelous! Hard to say no to pasta and sauce.

I made lasagna last night. Used the recipe GlowGirl shared a few weeks back. Was absolutely delicious, but soooo rich.
  • Looks great 👍 

Damn I would devour some of everything with a good Italian bread & wine 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

Totally forgot the bread, actually. Did not forget the wine. 
    www.myspace.com

Totally forgot the bread, actually. Did not forget the wine. 
    No biggie wine & pasta good to go

I made lasagna last night. Used the recipe GlowGirl shared a few weeks back. Was absolutely delicious, but soooo rich.
    I am glad you liked the recipe. It was definitely both delicious and rich with all that butter and whole milk. I ended up freezing most of it, and finally finished it off a few days ago. It is really good reheated if you have some left. I plan to make the Bolognese sauce from that recipe again, even if I don't make the lasagna. That was really good sauce.

GlowGirl said:

I am glad you liked the recipe. It was definitely both delicious and rich with all that butter and whole milk. I ended up freezing most of it, and finally finished it off a few days ago. It is really good reheated if you have some left. I plan to make the Bolognese sauce from that recipe again, even if I don't make the lasagna. That was really good sauce.

I cleaned up the leftovers for lunch today. Have to agree with you on the Bolognese sauce. It’s fantastic.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:

My pot roast came out great. I froze most of it in single serving containers. It will be great on those cold nights I don’t feel like cooking. 
    What cut of meat? what do you add?
    I recently got a Dutch oven, do my cooking outside. Think this will turn out great in there.
    You can use either chuck or bottom round. I used bottom round this time because the butcher told me it was a bit leaner. But I have used chuck in the past as well. Both cuts have to be cooked low and slow for them to get really tender. I cooked this for about 3 hours at 350. the meat should be 3.5-4 pounds. I first seared the meat on the stovetop in olive oil and added 2 cut onions and 3 smashed cloves of garlic, and a Tbs of tomato paste. When those started to cook I added 1 cup of red wine, 2 cups of beef broth, 1 tsp thyme and 2 bay leaves. Brought that to a simmer and then transferred to the 350 degree oven for 1.5 hours and then put in a pound of the small red potatoes and a package of baby carrots and cooked another 1.5 hours. Added the peas near the end. 

If yoi make it outside let me know how it came out. 
    Bump for reference!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    Made ggs pot roast. Again. Remembered not to put veggies in for the full 3 hours. Came out great. Did outside on grill in dutch oven. Left two burners on, two middle off. Thanks for your advice. 
    Loujoe said:
    Made ggs pot roast. Again. Remembered not to put veggies in for the full 3 hours. Came out great. Did outside on grill in dutch oven. Left two burners on, two middle off. Thanks for your advice. 
    I’m glad it came out great. This weekend I am going to attempt to make a Tuscan white bean soup with leeks and pancetta. Hopefully, it comes out as good.