Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,256
    My World Famous Cream of Broccoli and Potato Soup
    Soup, hurray!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,256
    Not sure if we should have a baking thread but this Kuchen is a staple during tea time in Chile specially in late summer when the best peaches have been harvested! We made this one with Pears I can’t get fresh peaches here in NY this time a year. 

Looks awesome! 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    Subpar presentation compared to some of you. Crispy rice spice tuna. The “patty” is sushi rice, flash fried in the wok. Creamy like mashed potatoes on the inside. I would highly recommend…
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,956
    Wow. Super!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    Dude that looks awesome!  Sure it tastes awesome as well!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    So. Is it avocado, chopped tuna, aoli, jalapino?  I like the idea of fried rice patties. Very nice.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,619
    Fuck and yes! Incredible 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    edited January 28
    Loujoe said:
    So. Is it avocado, chopped tuna, aoli, jalapino?  I like the idea of fried rice patties. Very nice.
    Yes.

Fried sushi rice (I’m serious, like mashed potato texture rice inside), avacado, spicy tuna mixture, spicy aioli, Serrano pepper topped with green onion. We forgot io make Eel sauce.

Brett - It was delicious. Sashimi with the rest tomorrow. 
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    Loujoe said:
    Yes.

Fried sushi rice (I’m serious, like mashed potato texture rice inside), avacado, spicy tuna mixture, spicy aioli, Serrano pepper topped with green onion. We forgot io make Eel sauce.

Brett - It was delicious. Sashimi with the rest tomorrow. 
    Hells yes!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,034

Made Tuscan Bean Soup. It came out great. But I will likely be eating it for a while. At least 1/2 will go in the freezer. 
  • Options
    Souper
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    Subpar presentation compared to some of you. Crispy rice spice tuna. The “patty” is sushi rice, flash fried in the wok. Creamy like mashed potatoes on the inside. I would highly recommend…
    Awesome I’d eat that all up 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Made Tuscan Bean Soup. It came out great. But I will likely be eating it for a while. At least 1/2 will go in the freezer. 
    It freezes well so you won’t waste it! It looks perfect for a day like today 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,876

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,178
    nicknyr15 said:

Holy cow. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Holy cow. 
    I didn’t make it, to be clear lol. Harry’s Steakhouse in NYC. Incredible 
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,409
    With the non-winter we have going in the Twin Cities, I busted the grill out for some good old hamburgers. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Damn yummy I’d eat it right now with eggs and toast 😋 it’s 9:30 am good to go 
  • Options
    edited January 29
    nicknyr15 said:

Jose it was so good man. Highly recommend this place. It’s been a staple in the financial district for decades. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Jose it was so good man. Highly recommend this place. It’s been a staple in the financial district for decades. 
    Yes I’ll def add it to my list of steakhouses I need to get to ! in the mean time I’m doing this lamb roast tonight  made a nice rub for it! 
  • Options

• Options

That rub looks spectacular. Post some pics when it’s done 
  • Options

• Options

Wow!!  That looks amazing. What kind of rub did you put on it?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,178
    Lamb is my favourite 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Olive oil crushed garlic parsley ground black pepper rosemary cumin! All ingredients in a wooden bowl crushed with wooden masher! Let it sit for a while 30 minutes before you rub it into your the lamb or any other meat that might need seasonings! Got to admit it turned out so tender & tasty 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Olive oil crushed garlic parsley ground black pepper rosemary cumin! All ingredients in a wooden bowl crushed with wooden masher! Let it sit for a while 30 minutes before you rub it into your the lamb or any other meat that might need seasonings! Got to admit it turned out so tender & tasty 
    Looks amazing. I do a marinade for pork tenderloin that is similar - it is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, pepper, and rosemary. I guess if I add cumin and parsley - it would be almost like yours.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

Love that! Thanks Jose!
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Looks amazing. I do a marinade for pork tenderloin that is similar - it is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, pepper, and rosemary. I guess if I add cumin and parsley - it would be almost like yours.

Yep easy to do and makes a big difference in the outcome! 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,227
    ^That looks amazing!