2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    This continues to suck.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    I just think at this point they should scrape the North American Dates , refund everyone and just put together another tour when they can. I don't think 2021 is going to have concerts. I really hope I am wrong but I just don't see it happening.  At least in the US.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Matts3221 said:
    I just think at this point they should scrape the North American Dates , refund everyone and just put together another tour when they can. I don't think 2021 is going to have concerts. I really hope I am wrong but I just don't see it happening.  At least in the US.
    I'm ok if they delay it to 2022.  I would note I'm completely biased as we're holding onto GA tickets for back to back nights in Oakland.   The odds of pulling that off again seem slim :)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    What if (yes a big if) they came out with the vaccine in March. From March to June the majority of the population that is most at risk to this virus are vaccinated. Would that not be enough for us to have concerts again? Hospitalizations would be down, deaths would be down, do we really need to vaccinate everyone to get back to normal in peoples opinions? If I knew that the vaccine worked and the majority of the population that was at risk were protected I would be comfortable to go to a concert without hesitation. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    edited October 2020
    Matts3221 said:
    They gave anyone who needed their money back an opportunity to get a refund.  The rest of us would like to hold our tickets until the dust settles. Even if it’s in 2022. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJNB said:
    What if (yes a big if) they came out with the vaccine in March. From March to June the majority of the population that is most at risk to this virus are vaccinated. Would that not be enough for us to have concerts again? Hospitalizations would be down, deaths would be down, do we really need to vaccinate everyone to get back to normal in peoples opinions? If I knew that the vaccine worked and the majority of the population that was at risk were protected I would be comfortable to go to a concert without hesitation. 
    you can't roll out a vaccine to the majority of the population that quickly. fauci even thinks we'll have a vaccine by the end of this year, and won't have everyone vaccinated until the latter months of 2021. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJNB said:
    you can't roll out a vaccine to the majority of the population that quickly. fauci even thinks we'll have a vaccine by the end of this year, and won't have everyone vaccinated until the latter months of 2021. 
    That is exactly what I am saying we do not need though. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    on2legs said:
    Matts3221 said:
    They gave anyone who needed their money back an opportunity to get a refund.  The rest of us would like to hold our tickets until the dust settles. Even if it’s in 2022. 
    I'm with you.

I'll hold onto my Tickets until 2030 if it takes that long.
  • on2legs said:
    Matts3221 said:
    I agree, however, most people who held tickets probably expected the shows to be in 2021.  That could still happen, but if the shows are delayed beyond 2021, I would hope another refund window would be offered.

I don’t think public health officials will sign off on capacity indoor shows until 75% of people are vaccinated, unless the treatment drugs become highly effective and available, which could happen first.  All we can do is wait and see.  Sooooo frustrating!

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:
    Matts3221 said:
    I'm with you.

I'll hold onto my Tickets until 2030 if it takes that long.
    ^This
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    on2legs said:
    Matts3221 said:
    I agree, however, most people who held tickets probably expected the shows to be in 2021.  That could still happen, but if the shows are delayed beyond 2021, I would hope another refund window would be offered.

I don’t think public health officials will sign off on capacity indoor shows until 75% of people are vaccinated, unless the treatment drugs become highly effective and available, which could happen first.  All we can do is wait and see.  Sooooo frustrating!

Absolutely in favor of another refund window.  That’s only fair if there will be a postponement beyond 2021. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Matts3221 said:

I do not think we will ever hit 75% vaccination of NA unless it is a mandatory vaccine. We will not have a mandatory vaccine I am guessing for either country so where does that put us if only 30%-40% of the pop takes it? We all still suffer? 
  • PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    Matts3221 said:

I do not think we will ever hit 75% vaccination of NA unless it is a mandatory vaccine. We will not have a mandatory vaccine I am guessing for either country so where does that put us if only 30%-40% of the pop takes it? We all still suffer? 
    I don’t know, but it will probably mean we have to wait until 75% of people have either had the vaccine or the virus.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    It's getting to the point where cancellation and refunds are most reasonable. I have tickets to a total of 9 shows and 5 are still postponed with no dates.  Even scored GA on the final night of the tour, which undoubtedly will not be the final night on the re-announcement.  I'm willing to not ask for a refund and roll the dice but man it doesn't feel like the best approach as a business.  Lottery is pretty easy to redo with everyone being about 99% odds except for NY and Baltimore.
    edited October 2020
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    That is exactly what I am saying we do not need though. 

you kind of do.  The problem with coronavirus isn't only that it's more lethel.  It's it's level of contagious.  Even if only .2% of young people that get it die... That's 40 people in an Arena of 20000.   I think it's contagiousness is the most insidious thing about it... it gets people in quantity of over quality.
  • densandensan Posts: 563

Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    PJNB said:
    I listened to a retired British doctor, last week on CNN, who succinctly imparted and expanded on what others have said:

- Vaccine likely this year, or early next
    - Vaccines will be widely available by middle of next year.
    - Vaccine is highly unlikely to be 100% effective. 70% would be great, but would still leave more than 1 in 4 people susceptible to Covid-19 after vaccination.
    - Between the unlucky, and the anti-vaxers, the disease will continue to spread and mutate, unless...
    - We mask and social distance for months following vaccination. 

None of this sounds good for concerts in 2021.
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    In the most recent Broken Record podcast (excellent listen) Bruce Springsteen said he doesn’t see a situation where people are going to feel comfortable attending shows for quite some time....2022.

I’m holding on to my EU tickets for now even though I can’t use them for the rescheduled 2021 dates. I see the possibility of those dates being rescheduled/cancelled much more likely than actually happening.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • I think offering another refund window for those who need it is great, while allowing others to keep their tickets.

I for one am wanting to hold onto my tickets until it happens (knowing that is probably quite a while).
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    If I had to put a % to it I think the Euro shows have a 30% chance of happening next summer.  Hope the 30% wins out.   
    on2legs said:
    Matts3221 said:

The other thing that could happen to start up events sooner, is that you would need to show some kind of proof of vaccination to fly, go to public gatherings etc... might be a cost of doing business.
  • There’s a lot of guesswork in all this.  Just for one example, Elton John is currently scheduled to restart on 01 Sep 21.  That seems like it might work, if the vaccines are approved soon.

• BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    There’s a lot of guesswork in all this.  Just for one example, Elton John is currently scheduled to restart on 01 Sep 21.  That seems like it might work, if the vaccines are approved soon.
    That's also Europe, though. His US tour resumes January 2022, which is probably still optimistic.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i have two shows, one in december and one in january, that are both reschedules, but haven't been postponed/cancelled again. i really don't know what they're waiting for. those shows are NOT happening. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    "Socially-distanced" indoor shows announced last week to be played in February of 2021?

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/oteil-burbridge-trio-colorado-announcement/

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BV84003 said:
    There’s a lot of guesswork in all this.  Just for one example, Elton John is currently scheduled to restart on 01 Sep 21.  That seems like it might work, if the vaccines are approved soon.
    That's also Europe, though. His US tour resumes January 2022, which is probably still optimistic.
    I don’t think US vs EU makes a difference.  One isn’t going to have the vaccine materially before the other.  FWIW in my opinion January 2022 is somewhere between realistic and pessimistic.  I don’t think it’s optimistic.  Amsterdam 6/16/21:  that’s optimistic! 

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    edited November 2020
    Looking at things from a realistic, logistical and completely non political standpoint, Spring is definitely out at this point.  Will be a miracle if Summer EU Tour happens.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Still holding out hope for Fall 21' US dates
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • One thing to keep in mind is Pearl Jam is not going to be one of the first groups to rush out and start having concerts again.  They were one of the first big acts to cancel their tour and will be one of the last to return.  That's why I see 2021 as unlikely.  
  • One thing to keep in mind is Pearl Jam is not going to be one of the first groups to rush out and start having concerts again.  They were one of the first big acts to cancel their tour and will be one of the last to return.  That's why I see 2021 as unlikely.  

Or they may just call it quits.

And only do the one off charity performances every few years.

10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit