Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,263
    And by the way, today is one year since the original 3/30/20 MSG date. Looking forward to the rescheduled tour announcement soon!!!!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    CO278952 said:
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Mike D88 said:
    If I wasn't vaccinated, I wouldn't set foot in a venue relying on rapid tests.
    This. 
    While I would not go either why would you not be vaccinated in that case though? We are talking about the future here. Are you not able to get vaccinated in the next couple of months? It is a non issue is it not by summer since you will be vaccinated? 

Some will get vaccinated and some won't. The rapid tests while not 100% reliable are there to prevent someone that is symptomatic getting into the show and is more than likely not vaccinated. Nobody is asking you today to go to a full show not vaccinated and having to rely on rapid tests. 

Yah reality is a thing and life rolls on. Lots of planning goes into tours and the planners have to plan ahead. Maybe not a great example but let’s say MSG is under construction today but will be open in six months. They are capable of booking the tour stop for when the venue will be back open regardless of it being closed today. This sounds so obvious and I get that the pandemic has been less predictable than a construction schedule but the trajectory of vaccination availability and the proven effectiveness of the vaccine should be sufficient for planning a tour stop six months out from today. 
    Absolutely I get it. Nobody is asking to rush back here but if the numbers support it let the shows get planned and happen as early as safely possible. It has been a long fucking year. I am hoping this graph keeps dropping off as it has been. I am hoping by summer we are talking in the 10's of deaths daily and not in the hundreds or thousands for the US and same with Canada. 

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,462
    CO278952 said:
    And by the way, today is one year since the original 3/30/20 MSG date. Looking forward to the rescheduled tour announcement soon!!!!
    A year later, I am still ISO MSG if anyone has an extra! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,543
    European shows rescheduled for next year 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    igotid88 said:

Wow.  So NA shows even later than that.  As expected, they'll be one of the last to get back out there.  Bummer.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:

Wow.  So NA shows even later than that.  As expected, they'll be one of the last to get back out there.  Bummer.
    Not necessarily.  They could be rescheduled for next spring or even this fall.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:

They could be, but if I'm placing a wager, my money is on NA being after.  Time will tell.

• Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    I won’t pretend to know the details of Europe’s situation but I don’t see what is going to be different in 2022 vs late Fall in the US. It’s time to get the show on the road.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,543
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:

No. We had Spring shows. If Sea hear now and Ohana are rescheduled those would be Fall 2022. But hopefully the Spring shows will stay for Spring 2022
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    This might not be the sub to ask this question but as a 10c member who has hundreds of dollars locked up in 10c PJ tickets from the 2020 tour - I was wondering if I would need to continue renewing my membership each year in order for my 10c seats to remain "mine"...Yeah, sounds silly...I paid for them, but since they are 10c tickets, will I need to be an active member to receive updates on those tickets? I got lucky in the lotto and got a few pit tickets for Denver and San Diego - so that is why I'm holding onto them. I've been debating canceling my membership for quite some time but was curious about my active 10c tickets. Hope this makes sense. Sorry for the long rambling message :)
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 829
    As expected, Pearl Jam will not be one of the first acts to tour and we can finally put 2021 rumors to bed.....

"A year after postponing the 2020 tour, it remains difficult to again postpone getting back on the road. Pearl Jam is encouraged by the vaccine rollouts happening around the world and eagerly awaits the day they can safely tour again. In the meantime, the band hopes everyone will stay vigilant and keep wearing their masks in anticipation of gathering together safely in 2022."

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:

No. We had Spring shows. If Sea hear now and Ohana are rescheduled those would be Fall 2022. But hopefully the Spring shows will stay for Spring 2022

Did the Euro shows for 2020 get announced before the 2020 NA shows?  I don't recall.
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,566
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:

Did the Euro shows for 2020 get announced before the 2020 NA shows?  I don't recall.
    I believe they did
  • Options
    ^ In that case, maybe they do roll out NA dates for Spring of 2022.  That sounds like best case scenario.  We'll continue to wait.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    edited March 2021
     bbiggs said:
    ComeToTX said:
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:

They could be, but if I'm placing a wager, my money is on NA being after.  Time will tell.

Why not keep the original order? They could do NA same time next spring.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,263
    As expected, Pearl Jam will not be one of the first acts to tour and we can finally put 2021 rumors to bed.....

"A year after postponing the 2020 tour, it remains difficult to again postpone getting back on the road. Pearl Jam is encouraged by the vaccine rollouts happening around the world and eagerly awaits the day they can safely tour again. In the meantime, the band hopes everyone will stay vigilant and keep wearing their masks in anticipation of gathering together safely in 2022."
    I am reading into that statement the same way as you. If the rescheduled US dates are known I’d love to hear an announcement at this point as it’s been over a year since the postbonement. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options

Cant those comments for the Europe tour be just related to Europe? I feel like the US is much further ahead than Europe. My understanding Italy is still in lockdown with minimal vaccine distribution, for example. In contrast NY is opening up the vaccine for everyone over the age of 16 shortly.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited March 2021
    As I said many many pages ago - there's no NA or Euro tour happening this year.  I know we all WANT that to happen, but these large outdoor shows OR indoor shows present different issues in the current & even near future state.
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    I think at this point, live acts are probably waiting to see the impact of the vaccines.  IE a sharp decline in cases to show the vaccines are working.

There was an article that said bands were reserving venues and what not, but they aren't eager to announce them, in case they have to postpone again.

PJ strikes me as a band that errs on the side of caution.  At this point I'm guessing they wait until Covid looks like it's calmed down before announcing the rescheduled NA tour.  Not be the first in line to make new announcements.

There could also be logistical issues.  The US seems to have a better handle on vaccines than many other places.   People travel in for PJ shows.   It could impact peoples ability to attend when they come from places behind the US in terms of vaccinations.    Which could then impact ticket sales.. etc.. (ie out of country travellers requesting refunds when the new dates get announced).

That's my thoughts. The short version is I don't expect PJ is going to be anywhere near the front of the gate to announce the new N.A. dates.   I guess they keep doing it for Europe.. so I could be proven wrong :)

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Zod said:
    That's my thoughts. The short version is I don't expect PJ is going to be anywhere near the front of the gate to announce the new N.A. dates.   I guess they keep doing it for Europe.. so I could be proven wrong :)
    Also, since the N.A. tickets have already been sold and the shows have already been postponed, they really won't be in a hurry to announce the new dates :( But I'm still guessing/hoping that the N.A. tour happens this fall, followed by either Aus/NZ in the winter or a second N.A. leg in the spring, then Europe next summer.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    If they have been scheduling the NA dates behind closed doors, I’m fine with that. Going through the announcement postponement cycle with other artists has been tiring. I’m glad they’re just holding until they are highly confident they can keep the date.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:
    Mike D88 said:
    If I wasn't vaccinated, I wouldn't set foot in a venue relying on rapid tests.
    This. 
    While I would not go either why would you not be vaccinated in that case though? We are talking about the future here. Are you not able to get vaccinated in the next couple of months? It is a non issue is it not by summer since you will be vaccinated? 

Some will get vaccinated and some won't. The rapid tests while not 100% reliable are there to prevent someone that is symptomatic getting into the show and is more than likely not vaccinated. Nobody is asking you today to go to a full show not vaccinated and having to rely on rapid tests. 

The issue is more the reliance on rapid tests to try and bridge the vaccination gap when rapid tests are not reliable.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 132
    As I said many many pages ago - there's no NA or Euro tour happening this year.  I know we all WANT that to happen, but these large outdoor shows OR indoor shows present different issues in the current & even near future state.
    How would you possibly know for sure what their plans are? Just speculating like the rest of us.
    I don't care so much if PJ plays this year or not, I want the world to be as close to normal as possible. If that involves PJ concerts, great. If not, there are more important things. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited March 2021
    I'm wondering about the possibility of outdoor festivals this Fall-ish. Lots of festivals have gambled on September/October. Of course, the pandemic will set the terms, but I wonder how likely it is. What gives me doubt is that tickets have to be sold, acts have to agree, vendors have to be contracted, and permits have to be filed MONTHS in advance. By June, will we be ready to okay mass gatherings in September? To me, it seems like festival organizers would stand to lose too much.
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    That’s what I’m wondering too. If Europe is a no-go, why hold off on mentioning Ohana/SHN? Unless the idea of a Euro tour has too many logistics to cover while playing in the states has more flexibility/promise at this time.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:
    bbiggs said:
    igotid88 said:

I believe they did

Yeah. The original 2020 tour thread sort of became the Euro thread, as that one started to have more and more guessed about what cities. Someone started a USA 2020 thread which was full of predictions and rumors about the spring tour. This was started as a fall 2020 USA thread.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

• Options
    Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 132
    So by summer of 2022, won’t there be potential that the first vaccine shots will be wearing off and there will be a need for boosters by then? The rest of the worlds is way behind on vaccines which could lead to variants that we will need extra shots for as well. 
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Hey everyone - sorry if this question has been asked a million times (I'm sure it has and I'm not on here too often) but can we still get a refund from TM for our North American ten club seats? No chance St. Louis is going anytime this year, right? Thanks.

Mike
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020