A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2020
    Sending good vibes to @brianlux @RogueStoner and @lastexitlondon I hope your troubles resolve and things turn around for you all. I felt really ill with stress for about 4 days last week but I managed to turn it around and leave the head fog. It takes time and I've been following a workbook which really helped. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Sending good vibes to @brianlux @RogueStoner and @lastexitlondon I hope your troubles resolve and things turn around for you all. I felt really ill with stress for about 4 days last week but I managed to turn it around and leave the head fog. It takes time and I've been following a workbook which really helped. 

Many thanks and good vibes back to you, West Coast Dreamgirl   I hope the stress level is diminishing!  Hang in there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Thank you and sending good vibes to you too. What workbook are you following (if you don’t mind me asking)? That may help me since I’m having trouble finding a therapist. I used one years ago when I was hospitalized and it did help. 
    Today I relieved my anxiety by working out and pool time. I feel better, more relaxed. 
    I really appreciate all of you for being here and hope you all find peace too. Hugs to you all. 
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2020
    @RogueStoner
    I downloaded a DBT workbook by Lineham and I've been listening to guided meditations:
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrPqB59kg0&feature=share
    Although I've only just started doing this it's really helped me take the focus from my thoughts to my body. I'd recommend giving this a go. I'm also having Reiki which takes you through a guided meditation whilst cleansing your chakras. First time I've tried it a few months ago and it really helped me bounce back to feeling my usual self.  I'd recommend this to anyone even if it's just the guided meditations when you are feeling not yourself. There are plenty others there too for anxiety, depression, sleep, raising positive vibrations, etc. 

I feel like I've been given my life back into the here and now rather than being stuck in a loop land of negative thoughts. I appreciate sharing with you guys too. Xxx
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    @RogueStoner
    I downloaded a DBT workbook by Lineham and I've been listening to guided meditations:
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrPqB59kg0&feature=share
    Although I've only just started doing this it's really helped me take the focus from my thoughts to my body. I'd recommend giving this a go. I'm also having Reiki which takes you through a guided meditation whilst cleansing your chakras. First time I've tried it a few months ago and it really helped me bounce back to feeling my usual self.  I'd recommend this to anyone even if it's just the guided meditations when you are feeling not yourself. There are plenty others there too for anxiety, depression, sleep, raising positive vibrations, etc. 

I feel like I've been given my life back into the hear and now rather than being stuck in a loop land of negative thoughts. I appreciate sharing with you guys too. Xxx
    Thanks! That all sounds great and may be just what I need. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Thinking of everyone who has shared on this thread. Even though we don’t see you around much, I hope everyone is holding on and doing okay.  I’m S ending out positive thoughts and energy into the universe if you need it.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I need to read a lot of pages to catch up, it's been 2 years in pandemic time since I've been on. Crazy world, giving you all cyber socially distanced hugs. I miss u all. I need to read, I feel, before I post more. I'm alive though, yay. Love all of my fellow anxiety sufferers. Nothing like a mismanaged global pandemic to make an anxious mind just explode on occasion.  I am calm right now though, & I wanted to say hey to all you good people. I'll be back soon. ✌
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,712
    Nancy i am you.  You are me. 
    Glad to see your  words again. We love you here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    So good to see you, Nancy. Big hugs from California :)
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    So good to see you, Nancy. Big hugs from California :)
    +10,000!  :smile: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Hi Nancy! *waves enthusiastically*

Nice to see you back.  You’ve been in my thoughts.  I hope you’re well.
    Always good to see you back here, Nancy. :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I Googled "Mood tests" (because I'm a curious kind of guy) and took a few of them.  I have to say, that was a really dumb thing to do.  My scores were not great- not great at all.  Dumb!   I mean, really, of course I'm depressed and have anxiety.  If I didn't, I'd probably worry that there is something wrong with me.  But pointing out those facts to myself... how dumb is that?  Dumb! 

brianlux said:
    I Googled "Mood tests" (because I'm a curious kind of guy) and took a few of them.  I have to say, that was a really dumb thing to do.  My scores were not great- not great at all.  Dumb!   I mean, really, of course I'm depressed and have anxiety.  If I didn't, I'd probably worry that there is something wrong with me.  But pointing out those facts to myself... how dumb is that?  Dumb! 
    There will be no googling when you are already anxious. Good things cannot come from that. 

Have you started to tumble dry yet? 
    Can be a moment  of realisation i guess. You prob would not have looked if you were well.!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    web md is easily the worst thing on the planet for anyone with health anxiety. take it from someone who knows. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I no way ever use google for medical things  at all.  Its the first  rule of health anxiety 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

deadendp said:
    brianlux said:
    There will be no googling when you are already anxious. Good things cannot come from that. 

Have you started to tumble dry yet? 
    Only in my dreams, lol.  But it was a good dream.  I was living right at the base of these beautiful mountains with snow on them and clear air and no worries.  A beautiful dream!
    web md is easily the worst thing on the planet for anyone with health anxiety. take it from someone who knows. 
    I hear you, brother!
    I no way ever use google for medical things  at all.  Its the first  rule of health anxiety 
    Very wise- I must follow that rule, my friend.

Mood test huh? Sure, why not. I’m already down the rabbit hole. 
  • I've been listening to some podcasts about wellbeing and working during the pandemic crisis which may also interest you: https://www.culturefirst.com/working-through-it/part-1-start-with-today#inside-culture-amp
    Ugh! I just missed a call from a therapist because I completely forgot I made the appointment and who she was so I didn’t recognize the name or take the call at first. My memory is so awful. I feel beyond stupid. And quickly moving towards hopeless. I can’t get my heart to stop pounding today. I can’t get my brain to work. I just want to sleep and start over tomorrow. 
    I live by reminders and post-it notes.

Just call her back; I’m sure it’s not a big deal for her. 
    hedonist said:
    I live by reminders and post-it notes.

Just call her back; I’m sure it’s not a big deal for her. 

What on earth did we do before post-it notes?

Speaking of, where did I put that pad of post-its I was going to jot a note down on...?  :lol:

I've also taken to keeping a list on a sheet of steno paper in my desk drawer called: "Where I've stowed things list."  It includes such oddities as, "Emergency candles, hall closet, blue box." 

Ugh! I just missed a call from a therapist because I completely forgot I made the appointment and who she was so I didn’t recognize the name or take the call at first. My memory is so awful. I feel beyond stupid. And quickly moving towards hopeless. I can’t get my heart to stop pounding today. I can’t get my brain to work. I just want to sleep and start over tomorrow. 
    i understand this completely. my cycle for a couple years straight:

wakes up, wishes it were tomorrow
    spends all day looking forward to sleep
    spends all night trying to sleep
    spends all morning wishing i slept
    spends all afternoon wishing i could sleep now

depression and anxiety fuck with memory BIG TIME. that's proven. unfortunately you have to figure out a way to not want to sleep all the time. because it just doesn't work. i honestly don't recall what i did, if anything. i think it was just a natural thing that happened that i finally decided to start living in the present because there's no other way to survive. having kids helped/sucked. i wanted to kill myself because i thought they'd be better off without me, but eventually i knew they wouldn't be. so it was either live or exist. 

i'm not saying at all that it's that easy. i know all too well that it's not really a choice, but at the same time it kind of is. i mean, you don't choose any disease, but you choose to fight it. i lost my fight with depression 10,000 times, but then i won once. i may lose again. i'm sure i will. it's been a battle over 25 years. right now things are good. only thing i can do is try to live the best i can in hopes my "brain vitamins" (living positively) will help stave off future illness. 

it took me months to come out of it. meds helped, and now i'm off them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Thanks guys. If anything, she got a good idea of what kind of patient I am. What she’s in for. 

What did we do before post-it’s? Most of the time I forget something in the few seconds it takes to write it down. And I have significantly cut down on weed and booze. Like, a lot. I’m eating healthier too. I just have further to go. 

HFD, that is also my cycle right now. Add in the daily “shit! Is it morning already?” and it’s exact. 

I’ve been thinking about getting off of my meds but every time I did that in the past, I tried to kill myself. I can’t do that. One of my kids really needs me (God only knows why). I just gotta keep chugging along until it passes. 

Thanks all for being here. The friend that would understand me right now is gone. She killed herself. Third anniversary coming up in two weeks. Maybe that’s what’s triggering me? Damn I miss her! 
    Thanks guys. If anything, she got a good idea of what kind of patient I am. What she’s in for. 

What did we do before post-it’s? Most of the time I forget something in the few seconds it takes to write it down. And I have significantly cut down on weed and booze. Like, a lot. I’m eating healthier too. I just have further to go. 

HFD, that is also my cycle right now. Add in the daily “shit! Is it morning already?” and it’s exact. 

I’ve been thinking about getting off of my meds but every time I did that in the past, I tried to kill myself. I can’t do that. One of my kids really needs me (God only knows why). I just gotta keep chugging along until it passes. 

Thanks all for being here. The friend that would understand me right now is gone. She killed herself. Third anniversary coming up in two weeks. Maybe that’s what’s triggering me? Damn I miss her! 
    I am so very sorry about your friend. 

I’m sorry your friend lost her battle. Her loss must weigh heavily in your heart.  (((Hugs)))

I’m glad you recognise that even though your meds aren’t working as effectively as you’d like right now, that coming off them isn’t currently an option. I hope that you will eventually be able to get your dosage sorted under your doctor’s care.  Confusion, distraction, and exhaustion really take their toll on mind and body.  Glad you’re reaching out.
    i understand this completely. my cycle for a couple years straight:

wakes up, wishes it were tomorrow
    spends all day looking forward to sleep
    spends all night trying to sleep
    spends all morning wishing i slept
    spends all afternoon wishing i could sleep now

depression and anxiety fuck with memory BIG TIME. that's proven. unfortunately you have to figure out a way to not want to sleep all the time. because it just doesn't work. i honestly don't recall what i did, if anything. i think it was just a natural thing that happened that i finally decided to start living in the present because there's no other way to survive. having kids helped/sucked. i wanted to kill myself because i thought they'd be better off without me, but eventually i knew they wouldn't be. so it was either live or exist. 

i'm not saying at all that it's that easy. i know all too well that it's not really a choice, but at the same time it kind of is. i mean, you don't choose any disease, but you choose to fight it. i lost my fight with depression 10,000 times, but then i won once. i may lose again. i'm sure i will. it's been a battle over 25 years. right now things are good. only thing i can do is try to live the best i can in hopes my "brain vitamins" (living positively) will help stave off future illness. 

it took me months to come out of it. meds helped, and now i'm off them. 
    The bolded part really hits home. Not to hijack (though related), I recently had an epiphany that it wasn’t cirrhosis that stopped my boozing. It was me. Much like with my own anxiety, I will always have that addiction, and I will always continue to fight it.

And curse it, too (it’s worn out its welcome).

Same applies here too, I believe.
    i don't know where to put this, but i'll put it here because it's causing me some anxiety. i messaged a friend two nights ago whom i haven't spoken to in years. I told her how she inspired me in our 20's to be a more independent thinker, more confident in myself, etc etc. 

she messaged me back a bombshell. my message gave her the courage to go through with ending her marriage. she said all the things i said about her were true, but my message made her realize she wasn't that person anymore. i was stunned. i'm not entirely sure how to process this. she said it's been brewing for some time, but the timing of my text to her couldn't have been more perfect. went on about the universe and such. 

i kinda feel terrible. i mean, i'm glad my words inspired her to make what she thinks is a positive change. but i'm worried that i may have inspired a huge mistake. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD