*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Only a “scrimmage” but that was damn encouraging. Caught most of the first three quarters. Ben looks good at the 4 and he likes that corner 3 spot
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    One scrimmage and Embiid is already hurt again. What a shock 🤪
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    By far the least promising scrimmage out of the 3, but it’s nice to see Tobi and Al really stepping up. 
    RiotZact said:
    By far the least promising scrimmage out of the 3, but it’s nice to see Tobi and Al really stepping up. 
    Saturday night right? I cannot wait.

How about the zoomed in fans? lol

I think the NBA is doing this the right way.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    RiotZact said:
    Saturday night right? I cannot wait.

How about the zoomed in fans? lol

I think the NBA is doing this the right way.
    I like the Zoomed fans, way better than the cardboard cutouts. The NBA is just head and shoulders above the other leagues in every dynamic.
    Haha I had no idea about the zoom fans, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or something with the cardboard ones. Can’t wait for Saturday!
    They looked fake at first...upon closer inspection, it was 300 fans on zoom or something. I think it's a great idea. And it looks decent, all things considered.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Saturday starts the AAU NBA Tournament for the 76ers. (8 game Pool play)
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Are those empty Zoom seats?
    Wow. Trying not to overreact but if they lose when the best 3 players put up that kind of stat line, things aren’t looking great. Every problem that has held this team back from being a championship contender the last few years was present in this first game back. How does someone score 53 and you completely refuse to clamp down on him? He could have had 45 and the Sixers would have won handily, but no. Hopefully Shake and Richardson will contribute more in these remaining 7 games and it will fix some of the problems, but I’m not as optimistic as I usually am. 
    RiotZact said:
    Wow. Trying not to overreact but if they lose when the best 3 players put up that kind of stat line, things aren’t looking great. Every problem that has held this team back from being a championship contender the last few years was present in this first game back. How does someone score 53 and you completely refuse to clamp down on him? He could have had 45 and the Sixers would have won handily, but no. Hopefully Shake and Richardson will contribute more in these remaining 7 games and it will fix some of the problems, but I’m not as optimistic as I usually am. 
    What a frustrating game. That fucking guy couldn't miss. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:

He really couldn’t. But like the commentators were saying, why isn’t someone on him like white on rice the second he crosses the half court line? He was the only threat they had and he was still being guarded as if he was just any other guy on the court. I haven’t noticed this personally, but several articles I’ve read about last night‘s game mentioned that this team has regularly let one guy beat them. Like I said, I have never noticed that pattern myself, and maybe those writers are just overreacting, but if true it’s yet another thing to add to the list of problems that refuse to go away year after year (like turnovers, horrible job finishing close games, Ben’s refusal to shoot etc.) 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

He really couldn’t. But like the commentators were saying, why isn’t someone on him like white on rice the second he crosses the half court line? He was the only threat they had and he was still being guarded as if he was just any other guy on the court. I haven’t noticed this personally, but several articles I’ve read about last night‘s game mentioned that this team has regularly let one guy beat them. Like I said, I have never noticed that pattern myself, and maybe those writers are just overreacting, but if true it’s yet another thing to add to the list of problems that refuse to go away year after year (like turnovers, horrible job finishing close games, Ben’s refusal to shoot etc.) 
    It's been so long you might not remember, but yeah, guards especially have gone off on us this year. I think Ben was on Warren a lot on Saturday. Not one of his best defensive games, that's for sure.

Hopefully they bounce back tonight....it's a home game!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

It's been so long you might not remember, but yeah, guards especially have gone off on us this year. I think Ben was on Warren a lot on Saturday. Not one of his best defensive games, that's for sure.

maybe it was a bad idea to have mostly forwards and centers on the roster?  and the guards they do have are pretty average outside of Richardson
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

maybe it was a bad idea to have mostly forwards and centers on the roster?  and the guards they do have are pretty average outside of Richardson
    He really needs to start proving himself on offense as well. 
    SHAKE AND BAKE!

Ben Simmons needs to be much better than this though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    SHAKE AND BAKE!

Yeah not pretty by any means but if nothing else hopefully it’s a big confidence booster to the 2 starting guards that were non-existent in the first game. 
    RiotZact said:
    SHAKE AND BAKE!

Yeah not pretty by any means but if nothing else hopefully it’s a big confidence booster to the 2 starting guards that were non-existent in the first game. 
    Shake, especially. This was in line with how he was playing before the pandemic. Richardson wasn't great offensively. Inefficient scoring.

Jojo was his usual dominant self though.

Schedule's pretty easy for the next while. Like to see them get on a little roll heading into the playoffs...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    SHAKE AND BAKE!

Shake, especially. This was in line with how he was playing before the pandemic. Richardson wasn't great offensively. Inefficient scoring.

Schedule's pretty easy for the next while. Like to see them get on a little roll heading into the playoffs...
    Yeah Shake more so for sure, but I like to see Richardson at least have a little bit of confidence after not even noticing he was there except on a few bad turnovers last game. 

Joel seems determined. I’m usually in the camp that’s harder on Embiid and more forgiving of Simmons, but Simmons looks way too passive. I can understand playing the 4 on offense might take some getting used to, but what happened to the lockdown defender that he had been all season? 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    SHAKE AND BAKE!

Yeah Shake more so for sure, but I like to see Richardson at least have a little bit of confidence after not even noticing he was there except on a few bad turnovers last game. 

Joel seems determined. I’m usually in the camp that’s harder on Embiid and more forgiving of Simmons, but Simmons looks way too passive. I can understand playing the 4 on offense might take some getting used to, but what happened to the lockdown defender that he had been all season? 
    A lot of the issues this team has will erode if Ben will simply take jumpers to create more spacing. I don't think he has taken one in these two games but he does, at least, seem to be floating around that corner three spot way more than before. Having Shake man the point duties in the half court offense more and more should help with that. He was just not right last night. Foul trouble early. One of those games. He needs to be better. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Embiid has been such a beast. With that in mind, how the hell is Houston going to guard him? Their tallest starter is RoCo. Hopefully he used to get some reps in guarding him in practice 😂. 
    Good ol' Roco. I miss him and Dario
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    They better not lose to Washington
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    They better not lose to Washington
    Emiid did not allow that to happen.

Some people were expecting him to be out of shape after quarantine. Dude has been a god damned beast thus far. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Simmons should be fine. MRI came back clean and he’s day-to-day. 
    RiotZact said:
    ...bu then again, aren't we all?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    ...bu then again, aren't we all?
    Unfortunately no. I’m out indefinitely. My ass is cracked. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    RiotZact said:
    Dislocated kneecap, but it popped back in on its own.
    I'd venture he's out 2-3 weeks at a minimum.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Andruw Bynum had the same thing. Now hopefully Ben physique will make it not a long term problem.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:
    Andruw Bynum had the same thing. Now hopefully Ben physique will make it not a long term problem.
    Yeah, you'd think Simmons will have an easier road to recovery than Bynum, if not then he's done till after the start of next season.
    This weekend we rock Portland