Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,011
    Holy shit lol this is even better. And I gotta say that's a small ass middle finger.

That's like when Jerry goes "Newman" in Seinfeld.

Isn't that Tracy Morgan next to Seinfeld giving the finger?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,116
    Came here to say WOW.  Good win.  It really makes it interesting now, lol!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,352
    Holy shit lol this is even better. And I gotta say that's a small ass middle finger.

Well that is Tracy Morgan...but that's Ben Stiller next to him.

I guess they all look the same to you, don't they, Costanza?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Well that is Tracy Morgan...but that's Ben Stiller next to him.

I guess they all look the same to you, don't they, Costanza?

:lol: my bad

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 81

If 30 Rock was still running, this would be a great Tracy Jordan storyline. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,229
    Poncier said:
    I will say that Knicks' celebrity fans are even more annoying than Lakers' celebrity fans in general.
    They're almost as annoying as their regular fans.

9pm Thursday. Good grief. We are too old for this!
    9:00 start with two fan bases inner mixed and liquored up with that late of a start.  it could get ugly down there.
  • Options
    Anyone wanna be a hero and post Bodner and Neubeck's articles in here? 

Sons of bitches are locking more and more of these up. I guess I should subscribe now damn it...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,568

NEW YORK — With 34 seconds left, the Knicks up four and the shot clock winding down, the Sixers trapped Jalen Brunson 35 feet from the basket, forcing the ball out of the hands of New York’s superstar and into that of Deuce McBride.

As they have for most of this series, New York’s role player made the most of the opportunity, with McBride sinking a foul line jumper to put the Knicks up six with 28 seconds left, sending New York fans into a state of rapture.

Then Tyrese Maxey had the first true signature moment of his young career.

Embiid set a screen on McBride, New York’s primary defender on Maxey, forcing Robinson to switch out onto Maxey at the 3-point line. Once Maxey got Robinson into the air on a pump fake, it was on. Maxey drew the foul, made the shot and converted the elusive, but critical, 4-point play.

“We knew we had to get some 3s up. I mean, I just tried to get to a spot and rise and shoot. Thankfully, [Robinson] jumped,” Maxey said after the game about the play.

Tension emanated from the World’s Most Famous Arena, but the Knicks still had control of the game, up two with the shotclock unplugged. All they had to do was get the ball in and make their free-throws.

After New York inbounded the ball the Sixers waited until Josh Hart touched the ball before committing the intentional foul, letting the good (79%) but low volume (1.4 attempts per game) foul shooter head to the charity stripe with the game on the line. Hart made one or two.

Every moment of brilliance in the NBA is usually created by the opponent making a mistake along the way, and New York had just made two of them.

Maxey made the most of it.

With the Sixers down 3 and 15 seconds left, New York opted not to foul, arguably yet another mistake by the home team. Embiid set a screen for Maxey a step inside of the halfcourt line, setting the Sixers’ young star up for a pull-up bomb from the logo, with no offensive rebounder in position if things went awry. Miss, and the season was over.

Maxey didn’t miss, much to the shock and dismay of every rich person on celebrity row.

“I mean, that’s just a lot of reps,” Maxey said of his game-tying shot that sent the game into overtime. “Rico [Hines] has been on me all year about shooting the deep ones, and I’ve been working on it all year, so it paid off.”

Some will argue that those 30 seconds will only be remembered if the Sixers are able to come back and win the final two games of this series, and certainly if the Sixers are able to do that it will only add to The Legend of Tyrese Maxey.

But in reality those shots will serve as a pivot point in the career of one of the young, ascending stars in this league. Fresh off a Most Improved Player award, off of his first All-Star appearance, and having made a legitimate case for All-NBA, Tyrese Maxey is now a household name who is believed in, and trusted by, his fans and teammates, and who is now feared and respected by opposing fan bases across the league, the kind of terror you can only instill by ripping out a few hearts along the way.

It was the birth of a playoff mother f—-, and it was glorious to see.

While not quite as memorable, the sequence of events which allowed the Sixers to take control of the game in overtime should not be forgotten either.

After Jalen Brunson started the extra period off with a personal 5-0 run, Tyrese Maxey drilled yet another 3, this one a step-back off of a dribble handoff with Embiid.

This, in no way, constituted a dagger, with the Knicks still up two and 3:38 left on the clock. But it very much felt like a dagger, because it was in that moment that everyone in The Garden knew, deep down, that Tyrese Maxey wasn’t letting the Sixers’ season end just yet.

“I just remember the last fourth quarter [Game 4], I wasn’t in rhythm, I didn’t play well, I wasn’t aggressive. I refused to let that happen this time,” Maxey said after the game. “I came out aggressive as soon as the fourth quarter started, as soon as we got the ball, I was going out there aggressive.

“I’m a happy guy, but I absolutely hate losing. Especially when it’s certain times like I miss three crucial free-throws, then I turn the ball over late,” Maxey explained. “I was really upset and I just wanted to go out there and make up for it for my teammates. I feel like I played pretty well the whole game, and for us to lose a game like that, end the season like that, I would have been crushed.”

Following that Maxey explosion, Joel Embiid used the extra period of free basketball to play his best ball of the night, controlling the paint defensively and acting as a hub on offense. During this decisive stretch Embiid altered a Josh Hart shot at the rim, had a steal and block after switching onto Brunson on back-to-back possessions, and converted a crucial and-1.

The Sixers, led by their two stars, sprinted out to a 9-0 run in overtime to finally take control of the game and force a Game 6 in Philadelphia on Thursday night.

Philadelphia, both in the media and on social media, spent much of the time between games 4 and 5 debating whether this series is another entry in the “Joel Embiid comes up small in the playoffs” database, mostly because of his struggles down the stretch in Game 4.

Coming into the game I pushed back on the idea that the guy putting up an efficient 35 points, nine rebounds and 5.5 assists, and who was leading the series (for both teams) in +/-, was coming up small. But Philadelphia loves nothing more than to question the merits of its own stars.

After last night’s game, where Tyrese Maxey dropped 22 points in the fourth quarter and overtime and where Embiid struggled for most of the night, that conversation isn’t going to go away, even if Embiid did come up with some clutch plays in the extra period.

You can already predict that, if the Sixers are to lose this series, that Philadelphia will spend its summer debating whose team it really is, which superstar should be the centerpiece of the franchise, and who the offense should be built around.

I’m going to get ahead of that now: stop. Just stop.

If anything, this series has showcased just how simpatico Philadelphia’s two stars are, and how they are each able to bring out the best version of the other. That is the holy grail of team building, the elusive synergy that has been missing in so many recent, failed superstar pairings, and the stroke of luck that the Sixers needed to salvage the second half of Joel Embiid’s prime after nearly a decade of mismanagement.

Tyrese Maxey is better when he’s playing with Joel Embiid and Joel Embiid is better when he’s playing with Tyrese Maxey. Embiid’s gravity makes Maxey’s shooting more dangerous, his passing covers up for some of Maxey’s inexperience as a floor general and his defense anchors the Sixers on the other end of the floor.

SituationMinsPtsPts/100FG%3pt
    w/Embiid18914240.556.5%19-40
    w/out Embiid362027.428.6%2-9
    Tyrese Maxey’s productivity in the series with, and without, Joel Embiid on the floor.

So far this series, both stars have had moments of brilliance, and both have come up small in others.

When the Sixers were in a do-or-die Game 3, Joel Embiid came up with one of the clutchest performances of his career, dropping a 50-spot on one knee and a half-paralyzed face to keep the Sixers alive.

When the Sixers were in another do-or-die spot in Game 5, Tyrese Maxey countered with a 46 and 9 display that will be etched in the back of our minds for the rest of Maxey’s career, a performance that calls back to the great Reggie Miller.

Both were magnificent displays of grit, determination and skill level. Having two players, each capable of saving a season, is a beautiful thing, as long as we don’t use it to force a debate for the sake of manufactured outrage, attention and clicks, as the media, especially in this town, is wont to do.

Both have had their struggles as well. Lost in the obsessive debate over whether fans trust Embiid down the stretch of games is that Tyrese Maxey really struggled late in Game 4 as well, and has been brutally ineffective in the 36 minutes that Joel Embiid has been on the bench this series. Embiid, obviously, struggled down the stretch in Game 4 and looked like he was running on fumes for most of Game 5.

Neither star has been perfect.

But the idea of a perfect postseason star is mostly a myth. Jalen Brunson shot 29% from the field in New York’s first two wins in this series. He had a chance to step up and have a historic Game 3 in large part because New York’s role players pulled out a victory in each of those two games where he struggled mightily.

That is a luxury neither Maxey nor Embiid have. If you swapped New York’s role players for Philadelphia’s role players, Philadelphia would be on the verge of advancing and the narrative might very well be that Brunson’s early playoff disappointment doomed New York before the series even left the Big Apple.

The series can be reductively summed up as: Joel Embiid (Game 3) and Tyrese Maxey (Game 5) each won one game for the Sixers, Jalen Brunson (Game 4) and New York’s role players (Game 1) won one each for New York, and the refs had an out-sized influence on the final score of the other (Game 2).

The Sixers can be annoyed at the refs, but this summer will have to fix the role player problem that they themselves created. Role players matter, and that should be the overriding takeaway from this series if the Sixers do fall short.

But the synergy between your primary stars matters a great deal too, and is a foundation that few teams have to build around. And, no matter what happens from here on out, Embiid and Maxey have shown that they have what it takes to be a great superstar pairing.

For the second time in three games in this series I’m sitting in a hotel room in New York, getting ready to file my game story with the exact same overriding conclusion: Tyrese Maxey is THAT GUY, the synergy between he and Embiid is darned near perfect despite Maxey being so early in his career, and I just hope that Daryl Morey is able to put a capable supporting cast around them this summer to take advantage of that while Embiid still has enough meniscus left in his knee to dominate.

Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    My man! Thanks bud
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My man! Thanks bud
     B) 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,229
    edited May 1

NEW YORK — With 34 seconds left, the Knicks up four and the shot clock winding down, the Sixers trapped Jalen Brunson 35 feet from the basket, forcing the ball out of the hands of New York’s superstar and into that of Deuce McBride.

As they have for most of this series, New York’s role player made the most of the opportunity, with McBride sinking a foul line jumper to put the Knicks up six with 28 seconds left, sending New York fans into a state of rapture.

Then Tyrese Maxey had the first true signature moment of his young career.

Embiid set a screen on McBride, New York’s primary defender on Maxey, forcing Robinson to switch out onto Maxey at the 3-point line. Once Maxey got Robinson into the air on a pump fake, it was on. Maxey drew the foul, made the shot and converted the elusive, but critical, 4-point play.

“We knew we had to get some 3s up. I mean, I just tried to get to a spot and rise and shoot. Thankfully, [Robinson] jumped,” Maxey said after the game about the play.

Tension emanated from the World’s Most Famous Arena, but the Knicks still had control of the game, up two with the shotclock unplugged. All they had to do was get the ball in and make their free-throws.

After New York inbounded the ball the Sixers waited until Josh Hart touched the ball before committing the intentional foul, letting the good (79%) but low volume (1.4 attempts per game) foul shooter head to the charity stripe with the game on the line. Hart made one or two.

Every moment of brilliance in the NBA is usually created by the opponent making a mistake along the way, and New York had just made two of them.

Maxey made the most of it.

With the Sixers down 3 and 15 seconds left, New York opted not to foul, arguably yet another mistake by the home team. Embiid set a screen for Maxey a step inside of the halfcourt line, setting the Sixers’ young star up for a pull-up bomb from the logo, with no offensive rebounder in position if things went awry. Miss, and the season was over.

Maxey didn’t miss, much to the shock and dismay of every rich person on celebrity row.

“I mean, that’s just a lot of reps,” Maxey said of his game-tying shot that sent the game into overtime. “Rico [Hines] has been on me all year about shooting the deep ones, and I’ve been working on it all year, so it paid off.”

Some will argue that those 30 seconds will only be remembered if the Sixers are able to come back and win the final two games of this series, and certainly if the Sixers are able to do that it will only add to The Legend of Tyrese Maxey.

But in reality those shots will serve as a pivot point in the career of one of the young, ascending stars in this league. Fresh off a Most Improved Player award, off of his first All-Star appearance, and having made a legitimate case for All-NBA, Tyrese Maxey is now a household name who is believed in, and trusted by, his fans and teammates, and who is now feared and respected by opposing fan bases across the league, the kind of terror you can only instill by ripping out a few hearts along the way.

It was the birth of a playoff mother f—-, and it was glorious to see.

While not quite as memorable, the sequence of events which allowed the Sixers to take control of the game in overtime should not be forgotten either.

After Jalen Brunson started the extra period off with a personal 5-0 run, Tyrese Maxey drilled yet another 3, this one a step-back off of a dribble handoff with Embiid.

This, in no way, constituted a dagger, with the Knicks still up two and 3:38 left on the clock. But it very much felt like a dagger, because it was in that moment that everyone in The Garden knew, deep down, that Tyrese Maxey wasn’t letting the Sixers’ season end just yet.

“I just remember the last fourth quarter [Game 4], I wasn’t in rhythm, I didn’t play well, I wasn’t aggressive. I refused to let that happen this time,” Maxey said after the game. “I came out aggressive as soon as the fourth quarter started, as soon as we got the ball, I was going out there aggressive.

“I’m a happy guy, but I absolutely hate losing. Especially when it’s certain times like I miss three crucial free-throws, then I turn the ball over late,” Maxey explained. “I was really upset and I just wanted to go out there and make up for it for my teammates. I feel like I played pretty well the whole game, and for us to lose a game like that, end the season like that, I would have been crushed.”

Following that Maxey explosion, Joel Embiid used the extra period of free basketball to play his best ball of the night, controlling the paint defensively and acting as a hub on offense. During this decisive stretch Embiid altered a Josh Hart shot at the rim, had a steal and block after switching onto Brunson on back-to-back possessions, and converted a crucial and-1.

The Sixers, led by their two stars, sprinted out to a 9-0 run in overtime to finally take control of the game and force a Game 6 in Philadelphia on Thursday night.

Philadelphia, both in the media and on social media, spent much of the time between games 4 and 5 debating whether this series is another entry in the “Joel Embiid comes up small in the playoffs” database, mostly because of his struggles down the stretch in Game 4.

Coming into the game I pushed back on the idea that the guy putting up an efficient 35 points, nine rebounds and 5.5 assists, and who was leading the series (for both teams) in +/-, was coming up small. But Philadelphia loves nothing more than to question the merits of its own stars.

After last night’s game, where Tyrese Maxey dropped 22 points in the fourth quarter and overtime and where Embiid struggled for most of the night, that conversation isn’t going to go away, even if Embiid did come up with some clutch plays in the extra period.

You can already predict that, if the Sixers are to lose this series, that Philadelphia will spend its summer debating whose team it really is, which superstar should be the centerpiece of the franchise, and who the offense should be built around.

I’m going to get ahead of that now: stop. Just stop.

If anything, this series has showcased just how simpatico Philadelphia’s two stars are, and how they are each able to bring out the best version of the other. That is the holy grail of team building, the elusive synergy that has been missing in so many recent, failed superstar pairings, and the stroke of luck that the Sixers needed to salvage the second half of Joel Embiid’s prime after nearly a decade of mismanagement.

Tyrese Maxey is better when he’s playing with Joel Embiid and Joel Embiid is better when he’s playing with Tyrese Maxey. Embiid’s gravity makes Maxey’s shooting more dangerous, his passing covers up for some of Maxey’s inexperience as a floor general and his defense anchors the Sixers on the other end of the floor.

SituationMinsPtsPts/100FG%3pt
    w/Embiid18914240.556.5%19-40
    w/out Embiid362027.428.6%2-9
    Tyrese Maxey’s productivity in the series with, and without, Joel Embiid on the floor.

So far this series, both stars have had moments of brilliance, and both have come up small in others.

When the Sixers were in a do-or-die Game 3, Joel Embiid came up with one of the clutchest performances of his career, dropping a 50-spot on one knee and a half-paralyzed face to keep the Sixers alive.

When the Sixers were in another do-or-die spot in Game 5, Tyrese Maxey countered with a 46 and 9 display that will be etched in the back of our minds for the rest of Maxey’s career, a performance that calls back to the great Reggie Miller.

Both were magnificent displays of grit, determination and skill level. Having two players, each capable of saving a season, is a beautiful thing, as long as we don’t use it to force a debate for the sake of manufactured outrage, attention and clicks, as the media, especially in this town, is wont to do.

Both have had their struggles as well. Lost in the obsessive debate over whether fans trust Embiid down the stretch of games is that Tyrese Maxey really struggled late in Game 4 as well, and has been brutally ineffective in the 36 minutes that Joel Embiid has been on the bench this series. Embiid, obviously, struggled down the stretch in Game 4 and looked like he was running on fumes for most of Game 5.

Neither star has been perfect.

But the idea of a perfect postseason star is mostly a myth. Jalen Brunson shot 29% from the field in New York’s first two wins in this series. He had a chance to step up and have a historic Game 3 in large part because New York’s role players pulled out a victory in each of those two games where he struggled mightily.

That is a luxury neither Maxey nor Embiid have. If you swapped New York’s role players for Philadelphia’s role players, Philadelphia would be on the verge of advancing and the narrative might very well be that Brunson’s early playoff disappointment doomed New York before the series even left the Big Apple.

The series can be reductively summed up as: Joel Embiid (Game 3) and Tyrese Maxey (Game 5) each won one game for the Sixers, Jalen Brunson (Game 4) and New York’s role players (Game 1) won one each for New York, and the refs had an out-sized influence on the final score of the other (Game 2).

The Sixers can be annoyed at the refs, but this summer will have to fix the role player problem that they themselves created. Role players matter, and that should be the overriding takeaway from this series if the Sixers do fall short.

But the synergy between your primary stars matters a great deal too, and is a foundation that few teams have to build around. And, no matter what happens from here on out, Embiid and Maxey have shown that they have what it takes to be a great superstar pairing.

For the second time in three games in this series I’m sitting in a hotel room in New York, getting ready to file my game story with the exact same overriding conclusion: Tyrese Maxey is THAT GUY, the synergy between he and Embiid is darned near perfect despite Maxey being so early in his career, and I just hope that Daryl Morey is able to put a capable supporting cast around them this summer to take advantage of that while Embiid still has enough meniscus left in his knee to dominate.

Breaking news, the two best players are better when they are on the court together.  
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    Yeah it didn’t strike me as breakthrough journalism either. 

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,271
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,812
    Poncier said:
    Consider it an offset to all of the non-calls he got that were fouls. Or if this is travelling then I don't know what these other guys in the league are doing every week.
  • Options
    I'll put it this way. Nobody gives a fuck. And Fuck Boston.

• Options
    And Fuck Boston.

=) 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Adam Silver and Brian Colangelo say You're Welcome.

• Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,486
    Poncier said:
    We've all seen worse(travel) not called.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    I gotta say. If I was in that arena I’d get into a fight with some New Jersey shithead. Fuck all the people who cashed in selling their playoff tickets. 
    I had to drive 3 hours roundtrip to attend a wake this afternoon so was listening on Sirius and was astounded by the number of Knicks fans you could hear cheering whenever they scored.
    It was like that for game three. Not sure where our fans were. Pretty bad.
      A LOT of Season Ticket holders sold there seats?
    Bold Strategy Cotton by xWayneSolo Sound Effect - Meme
    Go Sixers!

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    This team wasn't built to win anything this year, but surely gave me more than just accepting one step back to move two steps forward. Hell of a series, congrats to the Knicks.

Now, hopefully, they do something meaningful with the cap room.
  • Options
    2 starters with goose eggs in an elimination game.

https://youtu.be/05d4tjxT9YI?si=JFqUoJjeC61K0Cfv
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,536
    next year should be better for your boys (if Joel can get/stay healthy) but I still don’t think “Playoff P” is your answer.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    2 starters with goose eggs in an elimination game.

https://youtu.be/05d4tjxT9YI?si=JFqUoJjeC61K0Cfv
    All that beautiful cap room opening up this summer.

I saw a take, which I think I sort of agree with, that in this whole process that one of the bigger daggers may have been going all-in on Jimmy. Because in reality they probably weren't ready to accelerate things to the next level. It made them desperate, and took away assets/paths to further developing the team. 

But that's all hindsight, looking forward to the summer - this is it. This is the last time to go all-in for another big player that you can attach to Embiid.
  • Options
    Series could have gone either way. Knicks were just a tad better than us.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Saw the point differential in the entire series was Knicks +1 (650-649)
  • Options
    Well fuck ME if this is the summer. Nevermind anything I said lol:

https://x.com/GetUpESPN/status/1786381156474028388
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 81
    That is nuts. Was just reading this from Nick Nurse:

"I have decided nothing matters," Nurse said prior to Game 6, as each of the first five games between the two teams have come down to the wire." They kill us on the glass, it goes down to the buzzer," he said. "We kill them on the glass, it goes down to the buzzer. Joel scores 50, it goes down to the buzzer. Brunson scores 47, it goes down to the buzzer."
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,100
    EL91640 said:
    That is nuts. Was just reading this from Nick Nurse:

"I have decided nothing matters," Nurse said prior to Game 6, as each of the first five games between the two teams have come down to the wire." They kill us on the glass, it goes down to the buzzer," he said. "We kill them on the glass, it goes down to the buzzer. Joel scores 50, it goes down to the buzzer. Brunson scores 47, it goes down to the buzzer."
    Funniest thing was Embiid's 50-point game was in the most lopsided game of the series, an 11-point win for Philadelphia in Game 3.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Maybe now we can get rid of Harris. Never really liked him.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD