*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Poncier said:
    ^
    Issue with all of those usually is the same though: fit. This, however fits like a glove.

I'm gonna guess if we go back through this thread, we'll find you said the same thing about James Harden fitting like a glove in Philly.

Nope. Harden had to change his game to mesh with Jo's. When he did, they played great together. I think you liked that trade as much as anyone else actually. 

I liked it because you rid yourselves of the biggest albatross the NBA has ever seen, Ben Simmons, and his ridiculous contract,
    This weekend we rock Portland

Also...I'm not sure what is stranger: saying Tobias Harris was part of a "Big Three"
    Embiid/Harden/Maxey PHI...fail.

That make it better?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    edited July 2
    Poncier said:

Also...I'm not sure what is stranger: saying Tobias Harris was part of a "Big Three"
    Embiid/Harden/Maxey PHI...fail.

That make it better?
    No not really. At the time of the trade the Sixers were being asked to include Maxey for Harden and other offers so it was a perceived as a win that they held onto him. Obviously he blossomed into a star later and made his first all star team after Harden left. He was not considered a star at the time though. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,288
    Ponc, I know what we can do. We can get Adam Silver to put some old man in charge of the Celtics, and have the guy hire his nepobaby son to be their GM, and he can totally sabotage every good thing they've done and move crucial assets to the Sixers. I bet that would help!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    Caleb Martin signs with us for 4 years/$32 million
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,932
    Yeah that's a great pickup. I think I like it more than the PG move.
    Yeah that is real solid move. 

Was kind of hoping Dario would come back for sentimental reasons. But I would take Morris again, as I would Lowry. 
    www.myspace.com
    I want Rick Council in the rotation next year
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    So word is Embiid is out of shape for the Olympic team.  Will he ever get his ass in shape?  Maybe he wouldn’t be hurt all the time if he worked more on his body.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863
    more than Playoff P?????? :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    more than Playoff P?????? :tired_face:
    I've learned recently his podcast is called Podcast P. hahahah
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,751
    pjhawks said:
    So word is Embiid is out of shape for the Olympic team.  Will he ever get his ass in shape?  Maybe he wouldn’t be hurt all the time if he worked more on his body.  
    I just got done watching USA play Serbia and I said to myself: "Embiid is not in shape."

USA won 105-79
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    I just got done watching USA play Serbia and I said to myself: "Embiid is not in shape."

Word is USA Basketball (AKA Nike) promised him all the Chick-Fil-A and Mountain Dew he could consume if he played for the US and not Cameroon.
    edited July 22
    Jojo....rounding into form. 15, 8, 5 and a block for the big fella today. Not bad. 

Looking forward to watching when these games mean something...
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,751
    Jojo....rounding into form. 15, 8, 5 and a block for the big fella today. Not bad. 

Yeah, he's looking a little better every game.

I'm a believer when you put that USA uniform on and play another team with their Country's Uniform on, it means something. 
    edited July 23
    cutz said:

Yeah, he's looking a little better every game.

I'm a believer when you put that USA uniform on and play another team with their Country's Uniform on, it means something. 
    Absolutely. Jo always takes a few games to get going anyway.

I was thinking about this earlier but I don't think I've cared to watch US men's basketball pretty much at all since the first Dream Team. This should be fun.
    www.myspace.com
    Thee Process took that game over down the stretch. Jo vs Wemby for the gold Saturday!
    www.myspace.com
    Thee Process took that game over down the stretch. Jo vs Wemby for the gold Saturday!
    Embiid is a fraud.  Screwed his own country so the rest of the us team could carry him to a title. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    pjhawks said:
    Embiid is a fraud.  Screwed his own country so the rest of the us team could carry him to a title. 
    He’s an angry elf 
    edited August 11
    pjhawks said:
    He’s an angry elf 
    i call them as i see them. at least i don't like  the yankees or soccer. that makes you a double loser :)
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,288
    Embiid screwed over Cameroon? Anyway. Thanks Jojo for the gold medal!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks said:
    He’s an angry elf 

I can't imagine hating a future hall of famer on your own team like this. Haha...pretty crazy.

Fun Olympics. I cannot wait for this season to start.

www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    He’s an angry elf 
    i call them as i see them. at least i don't like  the yankees or soccer. that makes you a double loser :)
    Got me good!
    I can't imagine hating a future hall of famer on your own team like this. Haha...pretty crazy.

Fun Olympics. I cannot wait for this season to start.

I can’t imagine an adult acting like this guy..,and I don’t mean Joel 
    Ten years ago this guy told us to literally not expect anything out of Embiid for his entire career.

A decade later, here he is calling Embiid a fraud.. after he just won an Olympic gold medal.

The irony....so fucking delicious.
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 12
    Ten years ago this guy told us to literally not expect anything out of Embiid for his entire career.

A decade later, here he is calling Embiid a fraud.. after he just won an Olympic gold medal.

The irony....so fucking delicious.

I'm glad this LJ guy is happy that Embiid won a Gold Medal on the backs Curry, LeBron and Durant when he can't get the Sixers past the 2nd round of  the NBA playoffs.  Oh wait because he is always hurt. that's right.  isn't that Embiid's lap dogs say every year? if only he was healthy.  maybe next year.  process year 12 gonna be the one?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Trust the process…except when it comes to a global health crisis