Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

Do pigeons on the scaffolding outside my building count as wildlife? This is the best I can do until I can go visit my parents again. They have turtles, lizards, deer, and foxes around their house. Even a wild turkey once in a while. But the best I can do here is the pigeons 😊
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    GlowGirl said:

Do pigeons on the scaffolding outside my building count as wildlife? This is the best I can do until I can go visit my parents again. They have turtles, lizards, deer, and foxes around their house. Even a wild turkey once in a while. But the best I can do here is the pigeons 😊

Sure they do!  Especially as a cute, friendly couple.  :smile: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    THE  most beautiful  cat ive ever seen
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Gorgeous. I wonder if that is a Bengal cat. They are beautiful.

My friend said it was . Hypnotic to look at the pattern 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    those eyes 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Wow!  So exotic and beautiful looking! 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    those eyes 
    Awesome good pic!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Views from my office this mornjng

chinese-happy.jpg

This big guy scared the crap out me when I was sitting out on my fire escape. It flew right next to my head before landing. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    I'm afraid poor Norman the squirrel may have gotten too cocky... He/she lives in our backyard tree but goes all over. I have 2 dogs, cockapoo and a morkie. neighbors have 3 vicious chihuahuas, the other side has a rottiepit and German Shepard.

Norman must stash shit under our deck cuz he often gets caught coming up out of there. The blood on his face looks relatively fresh but hes injured more than that I'm afraid. face looks swollen and I dont think he can see from his right eye. left side looks puffy too. hes wobbly on his feet and has a hard time balancing on a branch.

I'd like to do something for him, but beyond putting out water, am not sure what....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    this appesrs like his skull is crushed in..

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I love kookaburras but these noisy buggers woke me up this morning!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    mickeyrat said:

Poor Norman :(
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    edited September 2020
    mickeyrat said:

so when I woke up in the evening he had moved off that branch. So I hope he is in his nest. I put out some water yesterday and today I put out some trail mix the wife isnt eating. he liked the nuts and dried fruit the other time so , I figure I'll have some sense he is going to make it.

Sure hope so, couldnt stop thinking about him.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

so when I woke up in the evening he had moved off that branch. So I hope he is in his nest. I put out some water yesterday and today I put out some trail mix the wife isnt eating. he liked the nuts and dried fruit the other time so , I figure I'll have some sense he is going to make it.

Hang in there, Norman!

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Hang in there, Norman!
    We’re all rooting for Norman!
    somebody at most of the nuts from one pile....

mickeyrat said:
    Fingers crossed that it was Norman refortifying himself.
    goldrush said:
    I love kookaburras but these noisy buggers woke me up this morning!

They look adorable.
    mickeyrat said:
    Any Norman updates? I hope that it was him that ate the nuts. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    GlowGirl said:
    Gorgeous. I wonder if that is a Bengal cat. They are beautiful.

Yes that is a bengal...I've got one of those myself 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Stunning!!

GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Any Norman updates? I hope that it was him that ate the nuts. 
    am not home from work yet. will put more out and I think on sunday the ladder cpmes out to check his nest if I dont see him before then.

at the base of the tree is some nesting material that I dont recall being there yesterday.  like some has been removed to tidy up maybe?

no visual on him yet. but one snack pack is all gone. I put more out.

mickeyrat said:
    at the base of the tree is some nesting material that I dont recall being there yesterday.  like some has been removed to tidy up maybe?

no visual on him yet. but one snack pack is all gone. I put more out.
    and I saw a different squirrel munching on the trail mix.

umm, am reluctant to mess with the nest. if hes ok, he may abandon that nest.  did a little research on nesting habits, construction etc...
    the squrrel I have seen is too quick to get a good look at. Norman now has an identifier besides his bulbous nose. a hole in his left ear.

wouldnt think another squirrel would occupy a tree with a dead squirrel in it, would you?

Yeah, sounds like Norman’s either picked up sticks and moved to a safer neighbourhood, or he’s gone to the great squirrelly beyond to have his fill of nuts and safe foraging areas.  Whichever it is, I hope he’s happy 😊 Thanks for keeping us updated and invested in Norman’s journey.