Options

Wildlife Around Your Home (post pics if you've got 'em!)

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    mickeyrat said:
    I’ve always known of his presence, as he’s destroyed my garbage in the past (don’t even put it out until the morning of garbage day anymore). But yesterday I finally saw him. Big motherfucker. 

did you call animal control?
    No he lives in the woods up behind my house. I need to just use some deterrents. I don't put my garbage outside anymore, so he hasn't come down for that lately. I think there's groundhogs under my garage that he's after. But before I can board up where the groundhogs are getting in, I have to get a dumpster to get rid of a lot of junk left behind by the previous owners that I have piled up next to the garage. 

1-800 got junk in your area?
    It's not that I can't find a dumpster provider. I just gotta get around to doing it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Jesus Christ. Where do you live Ledbetter?

I got woods behind me too. I think I would still call animal control though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited August 2021

Northeastern PA. Yeah I think I should call animal control. Not sure what they'll be able to do. But that's a big motherfucking bear. I wish I could post a video on this board because that screenshot from the video doesn't do it justice. 

Edit: @The Juggler   Okay so I just called the PA wildlife commission. The woman said that Pennsylvania black bears are "mild-mannered and not aggressive." But she also said that they're "opportunistic" and will seek garbage and bird feeders. I don't even put my garbage out anymore because the bear has been able to get into my garbage and destroy it. She took my information and told me she'd forward my report to the game warden. I don't expect any help from them. 

There's some bear deterrent methods that I'm looking at online that I'll have to try out.

Here, since you can't upload short videos on this board, I just uploaded it quickly to my YouTube channel so you can get a sense how how big this bastard is. And where the video ends, he's about 5 feet from where I park my car. 

https://youtu.be/kT-iElYCsL0
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,186

Northeastern PA. Yeah I think I should call animal control. Not sure what they'll be able to do. But that's a big motherfucking bear. I wish I could post a video on this board because that screenshot from the video doesn't do it justice. 

Edit: @The Juggler   Okay so I just called the PA wildlife commission. The woman said that Pennsylvania black bears are "mild-mannered and not aggressive." But she also said that they're "opportunistic" and will seek garbage and bird feeders. I don't even put my garbage out anymore because the bear has been able to get into my garbage and destroy it. She took my information and told me she'd forward my report to the game warden. I don't expect any help from them. 

There's some bear deterrent methods that I'm looking at online that I'll have to try out.

Here, since you can't upload short videos on this board, I just uploaded it quickly to my YouTube channel so you can get a sense how how big this bastard is. And where the video ends, he's about 5 feet from where I park my car. 

Damn. Sounds like a good candidate for a pet.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

Wow...I'd be afraid to let me dog out
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    My neighbours sent me this today, it’s from their back yard.

Tonight just before dinner the dogs were barking, and he showed up in our yard. My daughter took a video, but I can’t upload here, but this is a shot from the video.

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,287
    Not as impressive as bears, but this inquisitive blue tongue lizard was peeking through the back door last night

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,731
    goldrush said:
    Not as impressive as bears, but this inquisitive blue tongue lizard was peeking through the back door last night

Somebody wants in!  A beauty!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,287
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Somebody wants in!  A beauty!
    It was homemade pizza night so who can blame him!
    There are a couple of these guys around our place, this is the closest either of them have come to the door so far.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    cool lizard. very rare to see them where I am.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    long distance shot of a shy coyote.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Peregrine 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Peregrine 

My favourite  bird.  Obvs  my gf but  its  a tough  choice 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Awesome pictures everyone.

Party time in the bin.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Beautiful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

Party time in the bin.

Cool, they look dangerously sweet. Love how they climb out.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800

Party time in the bin.

"theyll never bust us. we all look alike...."
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    mickeyrat said:

Party time in the bin.

"theyll never bust us. we all look alike...."
    Yeah, except for one of them.  It looks like it’s disguised as a raccoon, but didn’t quite get the costume right.  I’ll see if you can pick it out.

Loujoe said:

Party time in the bin.

Cool, they look dangerously sweet. Love how they climb out.
    I personally find raccoons adorable. As long as they’re not being destructive in my house/yard I have no problem with them.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    Yeah. There is one who looks like he forgot to put on his little mask. 
  • Options
    They are super cute. One by me, maybe was sick or territorial, was going nuts. I called animal control but it took off. I never saw that many together! There was an episode of bobs burgers with raccoons. Funny if you find it.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

• Options
    Super cute.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    eddiec said:

Adorable!!
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,731
    Easter Sunday turkeys!  These guys are so cool!
    IMG

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2022