Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I ran yesterday at 1:00 pm...right in the heat of the day. Not a cloud in the sky and hot AF (~90 degrees F without heat index). Let me tell you, running at that time is just dumb. I deserved the misery I endured 😂.  Based on other commitments in the morning and afternoon that was my only shot. Glad I got it in. As for playlist...I dusted off Sublime for the entire run. Solid running music. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Laughed at the running on heat description.

Sublime would work well, for me, I think.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Laughed at the running on heat description.

Sublime would work well, for me, I think.
    Give it a shot bud. If you like sublime my guess is you would dig it. Upbeat tempo for sure. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

We aren’t fast... but this felt good at this pace. Felt like I could go farther and even had a little kick for the last quarter mile. Loving the progress. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Used Sublime while mowing today, was great

That is great progress, 1TN!
    Important to stay on schedule...if you feel good work to make your last mile your fastest.  I always try to do that when I'm feeling good and it is a satisfying way to end.

Running along the river looks like a good path to take 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

We aren’t fast... but this felt good at this pace. Felt like I could go farther and even had a little kick for the last quarter mile. Loving the progress. 
    That is awesome. Wow. Look at all those calories burned. Treat yourself to something delicious tonight  👏👏
    edited July 2020
    I noticed this week when I updated my running app it is now including cadence in my stats. I think that is how many steps you take in a minute in terms of how long your stride is. Mine was 163. Is this yet another thing I have to monitor while running or is it not a big deal?
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    Thanks FMe and GG! 
    I’m a big fella so tend to burn more calories than the average bloke lol
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    GlowGirl said:
    I noticed this week when I updated my running app it is now including cadence in my stats. I think that is how many steps you take in a minute in terms of how long your stride is. Mine was 163. Is this yet another thing I have to monitor while running or is it not a big deal?
    https://www.outsideonline.com/2377976/stop-overthinking-your-running-cadence

This is an excellent article on the matter
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:
    https://www.outsideonline.com/2377976/stop-overthinking-your-running-cadence

This is an excellent article on the matter
    Thanks. Interesting article. My takeaway was don’t worry about it. 
    Four miles of Led Zeppelin awesomeness today. Then a mile cool down walk. Glad tomorrow is an off day. Whew!!!

• GlowGirl said:
    Four miles of Led Zeppelin awesomeness today. Then a mile cool down walk. Glad tomorrow is an off day. Whew!!!

Well done @GlowGirl
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    22 degrees (celcius), sun with no clouds. 

So I walked more than usual. finished the WTF jim carrey interview. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Good job y'all.  Off today and missed it.  Look forward to not looking forward to running tomorrow am, bright and early.
    :lol:

Nice work SC! You as well GG! 

Nice work SC! You as well GG! 
    Thanks. It was super hot today. I got out at 7:30am. Still steamy. When I got to mile 4 I actually thought about your 8 miles you ran the other day and thought there was no way I could do another 4 miles. Someday, I hope to post here that I ran at least 10k. That is my goal for the end of the year. I think I can do it once it cools down a bit. But you and FMe are rocking!!!
    "only" 78 degrees and 89% humidity this morning.  I don't miss 25 degrees and wind but I admit I'm ready for 50 degrees.
    "only" 78 degrees and 89% humidity this morning.  I don't miss 25 degrees and wind but I admit I'm ready for 50 degrees.
    Great that you still ran. I agree that 50 degrees would be awesome right now for running. But I do like the summer heat for other things like eating outdoors since that is our only restaurant choice. But this is getting ridiculous. Tomorrow is supposed to be 79 degrees here as early as 5:00am. That says it all ugh. 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    I'm enjoying going through this thread and seeing everyone's run stories and encouragement.  Good stuff and uplifting!   Helps get me out the door for runs myself and I'm not dealing with any heat! 
    Sweet!  ^^^

Was hot as hell again this am.
    Sweet!  ^^^

Was hot as hell again this am.
    Yes. It was. I decided to run a different route since I was getting bored with my old one. But this one had me running on the streets longer than being by the river. Not sure it was the best day to try this, but I got it done. I saw that it was approaching 80 even at 5am, when you usually get out there. I didn't get out until 8am. But I think the humidity wasn't as bad today.
    edited July 2020
    I had to give in and order a bottle with hand carry.  My 4th mile was my slowest mile, by far, this morning.  Legs were screaming at me.  Good news is I quit whining for the 5th/last mile and it was the fastest of the day, as is meant to be the case.

Do I fill the bottle with vodka?  Would make for an interesting run turned into walk....
    I had to give in and order a bottle with hand carry.  My 4th mile was my slowest mile, by far, this morning.  Legs were screaming at me.  Good news is I quit whining for the 5th/last mile and it was the fastest of the day, as is meant to be the case.

Do I fill the bottle with vodka?  Would make for an interesting run turned into walk....
    If you fill it with vodka in this heat, you could leave a little trail of vomit to help you find your way home ;)

GlowGirl said:

If you fill it with vodka in this heat, you could leave a little trail of vomit to help you find your way home ;)

I don't believe in vomiting.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    GlowGirl said:

I don't believe in vomiting.

Does it believe in you?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,297
    Heat is finally going to break here. Had a good run this morning (1 mile warmup followed by a 10K). Found some new running routes to help with the boredom of running in my neighborhood.

Planning on an easy day tomorrow and trying a half marathon on Saturday. 
    Heat is finally going to break here. Had a good run this morning (1 mile warmup followed by a 10K). Found some new running routes to help with the boredom of running in my neighborhood.

Planning on an easy day tomorrow and trying a half marathon on Saturday. 
    Good luck on Saturday. That is great. It feels a little cooler here as well. But today is my off day. It is supposed to rain tomorrow. I don’t mind running in the rain if it is not pouring down hard. But hopefully you will have some cooler air for your half marathon. 

I carry a bottle with me but it doesn’t have a hand carry. I have one of those rubbery ones that gets flatter and flatter like a deflating balloon as you drink. The only way to get the water out is to bite down on the rubber tip. So I can squeeze it really tight when I am running and nothing squirts out the top. I like it. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    17 degrees celcius. Listened to the Stephen King short story Mute

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"