The Food Thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I was never in any panic nor at any time did I feel like it was going to get out of hand.  That said, always proceed with caution. I only know my tolerance level and we all react to different peppers in different ways.  I recommend a glove on at least one hand to hold the chip. Watch dropping crumbs around pets or kids.  I'd give it a 6.5/7 out of 10.  Don't go down on your girl that night.
    :rofl:

Sage advice!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    If she went down on you would she get a taste of it, I wonder?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    If she went down on you would she get a taste of it, I wonder?
    If it was the only thing you ate, it might be potent enough. :lol:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Made a chicken korma for the first time tonight. It was okay, it didn't suck and it didn't blow me away. I was kind of disappointed as I thought it would be like the one I ate from a restaurant earlier this week. I hope it will taste better tomorrow. I had a smell of the leftovers for the next two nights once it was sitting in the saucepan for a while after I ate it and it smelt more intense. The recipe says 6 cloves, I found that too strong and accidentally ate one which was yuck.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    It looks good.
    First try I usually don't expect things (at least anything complex) to taste restaurant quality.  Nice when it works out but of course there is always next time.
    I usually put 50% more garlic than suggested.  I love it!
    Thank you.
    I am pretty sure I tasted more cumin in my restaurant korma.
    Might add more garam masala spice mix next time if tomorrow's left overs do not taste better.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    How can Greek Yoghurt with a 42% saturated fat content be labelled with a 3/5 star health rating? 
    Tastes so good but.
    Sometimes straining a light or non-fat Greek works in place of the kind higher in fat.

I try to have it every day with fresh fruit.  It doesn't taste or feel like 2% fat at all.
    hedonist said:
    Sometimes straining a light or non-fat Greek works in place of the kind higher in fat.

I try to have it every day with fresh fruit.  It doesn't taste or feel like 2% fat at all.
    yeah there's a low fat version.
    I usually eat no fat but have a tub of Greek leftover which I used for my chicken korma. Need to eat it within 3 days or it goes off.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

I usually eat no fat but have a tub of Greek leftover which I used for my chicken korma. Need to eat it within 3 days or it goes off.
    Send it to @Wobbie
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Have some time off work this week so doing the short ribs from the Netflix show salt fat acid heat. Smelling so good.

It was good 
    edited October 2019
    Have some time off work this week so doing the short ribs from the Netflix show salt fat acid heat. Smelling so good.

Enjoyed that series.
    Loved doing the roast chicken from there
    (And the short ribs look great!)
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

Send it to @Wobbie
    It may be ruined by the time it gets to him
    That's the way he likes it
    Hmmm what am I missing here with Wobbie?
    Hmmm what am I missing here with Wobbie?
    He is part alien.  (The part that is immune to expiration dates)
    Living dangerously 
    I was at the Asian supermarket the other day and always pick up random shit. This was a good pick up. Not insane but no joke

I was at the Asian supermarket the other day and always pick up random shit. This was a good pick up. Not insane but no joke

I bought one of those not long ago...not the same package but similar from an Asian Market.  It was awesome.  (Until I got to the bottom.  Hot as shit at the bottom of the bowl.)
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

That tuna and salmon!
    Salmon belly?
    Looks awesome
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited October 2019
    Salmon belly?
    Looks awesome
    Yeah, belly. I lightly torched the two on the left and topped them with a spicy sauce. The ones in the middle that look like dogshit are actually fresh Uni. I bought some live sea urchins- not my best attempt.
    Post edited by eddiec on
    Just eat that shit with a spoon!
    All looks great, well done.  That salmon looks banging 
    Damn, I'm impressed.  I thought it was a dish served to you.

Not an Uni fan though =)
    Uni - so great!  :)
    I love it when people don't like it - more for those who do.  :)
    That’s fucking amazing 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Rockefeller oysters 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    That looks great, as well!