The Food Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Those look nice.  
    At airport, on my way to fishing trip with buddies.  (Hi Cliffy!)
    Deep sea fishing out of grand Isle la tomorrow, the hope is tuna.  Cut that shit open on the boat and enjoy some sushi 
    From there, to the bayou and speckled trout / redfish tacos, a sack of shrimp from the boats, or a sack of oysters from the boats....and cook every way one can imagine.  Normally a mudbug boil.
    Typically the phones are not with us, since there is no service, but will try to remember to take some pics.
    Cajun eating is really great!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Those look nice.  
    At airport, on my way to fishing trip with buddies.  (Hi Cliffy!)
    Deep sea fishing out of grand Isle la tomorrow, the hope is tuna.  Cut that shit open on the boat and enjoy some sushi 
    From there, to the bayou and speckled trout / redfish tacos, a sack of shrimp from the boats, or a sack of oysters from the boats....and cook every way one can imagine.  Normally a mudbug boil.
    Typically the phones are not with us, since there is no service, but will try to remember to take some pics.
    Cajun eating is really great!
    Enjoy! Sounds like a badass trip. Good luck, especially on the Tuna!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Sounds good, E 

PJSoul...would there be any wing left after that cook?  Does it taste stringy?
    This is a really really late reply, but yes, there is plenty of wing left after really cooking the shit out of my chicken wings, and they aren't stringy at all. They are really just a lot less greasy. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Just picked up ribs I plan on smoking Saturday but couldn't pass up this thing....haha stay tuned!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't blame you for snatching that up.

GORGEOUS meat.

(that's what she said)
  • hedonist said:
    I don't blame you for snatching that up.

GORGEOUS meat.

(that's what she said)
    Haha well done! 

I forgot to take a picture after I grilled it. Split it with my wife, and had steak and eggs with leftovers.
  • Anyone grilling or smoking anything good this weekend? Smoking ribs tomorrow and gonna try wings in the air fryer Sunday
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Not sure anything hits the spot like piping hot pho on a dreary wet chilly day
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I really want to make this dish when I feel better. Just saw it on a cooking show.

http://everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/chicken-korma/

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2019
    Got a brisket going for burnt ends tomorrow for the Georgia game. Threw these on for dinner tonight... 
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    A dinner fit for a King!
    (I didn't finish it, will have steak to go w/eggs tomorrow and can re-purpose half a potato.)

A dinner fit for a King!
    (I didn't finish it, will have steak to go w/eggs tomorrow and can re-purpose half a potato.)

Looks good man! 
  • Designing breakfast as we see fit...mmm...time for dinner....
    Did burnt ends, came out damn good. Go Dawgs!
    Oh shit that looks amazing!
    WOW - both of those are mouth-watering.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Does anyone else use cottage cheese in their eggs? Makes them nice and fluffy and adds a ton of protein. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Does anyone else use cottage cheese in their eggs? Makes them nice and fluffy and adds a ton of protein. 
    Mmmmm, curds.

I've tried it with a bit of cream cheese whipped in.  Cottage could be interesting (if not watery).

I actually love cottage cheese, and try to have some every day with fresh berries.
  • I tried making a tomato sauce from scratch a few weeks ago and was disappointed in how it came out.

Tried again on Friday and nailed it this time.  I made a beautiful sauce from scratch and tastes amazing.  The work and effort are very rewarding!

I completely recommend trying this one day!

Red beans and rice yesterday 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Red beans and rice yesterday 

I could eat a plate twice. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Oh hell yeah.  Hot sauce that shit up!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    That One Chip Challenge wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It got really hot around the 1-2 minute mark, then EXTREMELY hot around the 5 minute mark.  Once it started to die down (about 10-15 minutes in), it died pretty rapidly.  I farted like an old grandpa all evening long, and woke at 5am to the first call to the porcelain throne.  The exit wasn't any worse than a normal night of hot wings or spicy mexican food, so I got lucky there, but... OH. MY. GOD.  The cramps!!!!!  All day Sunday I was just miserable. Started to feel better later afternoon/early evening, but as soon as I attempted to eat dinner, cramp aftershock!!!  I've only ever had cramps that bad 2 other times in my life.  One was from eating wings made with pepper spray, the other was food poisoning.  All of that from one friggin dorito.
    That One Chip Challenge wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It got really hot around the 1-2 minute mark, then EXTREMELY hot around the 5 minute mark.  Once it started to die down (about 10-15 minutes in), it died pretty rapidly.  I farted like an old grandpa all evening long, and woke at 5am to the first call to the porcelain throne.  The exit wasn't any worse than a normal night of hot wings or spicy mexican food, so I got lucky there, but... OH. MY. GOD.  The cramps!!!!!  All day Sunday I was just miserable. Started to feel better later afternoon/early evening, but as soon as I attempted to eat dinner, cramp aftershock!!!  I've only ever had cramps that bad 2 other times in my life.  One was from eating wings made with pepper spray, the other was food poisoning.  All of that from one friggin dorito.
    Wow.  I likely would have chomped that shit down prior to reading this.  I know you have an iron stomach for hot sauce. 

Hell, I would still eat one.  ;)
    Holy shit. I’m scared. This may be a bad idea! 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I did the first One Chip Challenge when it came out 2 years ago.  It wasn't too bad.  After the 5 minutes, I took a shot of whiskey...like a fn boss!  Haha!  It would come back in waves after that.  Just as I thought it was over...another wave.
    No cramps, but stomach was a little gurgley.  The "exit" wasn't bad either.
    I ordered this year's version.  Haven't done it yet.  My heat tolerance has gone way down of late, so I think this year's will be tougher.

Also, I ordered 10 of these chips, like last time.  I ended up giving a couple to some friends and sold the rest.  Sold the rest for about $30/chip.
    I'll give one to anyone on here for free.  Only thing you have to do is post a video of the challenge.  :) 
  • mca47 said:
    I did the first One Chip Challenge when it came out 2 years ago.  It wasn't too bad.  After the 5 minutes, I took a shot of whiskey...like a fn boss!  Haha!  It would come back in waves after that.  Just as I thought it was over...another wave.
    I ordered this year's version.  Haven't done it yet.  My heat tolerance has gone way down of late, so I think this year's will be tougher.

Also, I ordered 10 of these chips, like last time.  I ended up giving a couple to some friends and sold the rest.  Sold the rest for about $30/chip.
    I'll give one to anyone on here for free.  Only thing you have to do is post a video of the challenge.  :) 
    Where can I do said "one chip challenge"?

The key to this is to have something in your stomach if you're eating stupid hot.  If you don't you will be percolating for a while down there.
    mca47 said:

I missed the first round, but I believe the consensus is this one is hotter. It does take a couple minutes to get to its peak, and then it kinda just stays there for a bit. Once it starts to subside it goes quickly. My lips burned longer than anything.  It's an extremely dry chip. Takes a minute to chew & get it all down.
    My buddy that did the challenge with me said he didn't really get any cramps, but on the flip side he said he shit molten lava. So you know results may vary, lol.
    I was never in any panic nor at any time did I feel like it was going to get out of hand.  That said, always proceed with caution. I only know my tolerance level and we all react to different peppers in different ways.  I recommend a glove on at least one hand to hold the chip. Watch dropping crumbs around pets or kids.  I'd give it a 6.5/7 out of 10.  Don't go down on your girl that night.