The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Gah!  Capers are on the list too =)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Ms. Haiku said:
    If you baked cod for one dish, and you have leftovers, and you decide to put them in a wrap the next day, what type of dressing would you put on top?
    Herb, wasabi, or old bay mayo 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I got in the deep freeze for some breakfast sausage last night and noticed that the vacuum seal failed on one of my largest rack of ribs, so spares for dinner tonight! 
    Firing up the smoker soon!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Sounds good!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    hedonist said:
    While that pasta dish up there looks primo, where do you folks stand on olives themselves?

I love the oil but in its original form?  Nope.  Too salty and the taste just doesn't do it for me.  I know some people who absolutely love all or specific varieties.

It's another food on my "tried but won't eat anymore" list.
    I love olives. They go so well on a platter with cheese, prosciutto and tomatoes. 
    I don't have a particular favorite but I do enjoy Kalamatas.
    My brother likes to marinate green olives in extra virgin oil with a few chunks of garlic. 
    Pasta with olives, anchovies and fresh tomatoes is one of my go to lunches when I'm in a rush.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Olives are one of my favorite foods in the world 
  • Options
    Beer can chicken on the grill 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ribs were incredible, but I didn't get any pictures. 
    I'm stuffed to the ears and I'm 4lbs over weight for the day, but damn it was so good.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,917
    edited June 2020
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:
    While that pasta dish up there looks primo, where do you folks stand on olives themselves?

I love the oil but in its original form?  Nope.  Too salty and the taste just doesn't do it for me.  I know some people who absolutely love all or specific varieties.

I love olives. There are many different types Each with their unique taste and textures. Some I love better than others. I just can’t stand those black olives that come in a can. But I love most other kinds. Capers as well. 
    I loathed olives when I was younger.  Not the case now.  My favs are kalamata, black lives in pizza and learning to like green olives.  Love capers in tuna and salmon sammies.

Dinner tonight is bbq steak with blue cheese topping, leftover pasta from the other night., fried mushrooms with butter, sea salt and a splash of Worcestershire sauce, and finally, Caesar salad.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I absolutely love olives. Haven’t met an olive I don’t like. Blue cheese stuffed olives in a dirty martini...perfection! But this isn’t the vodka thread 😂
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I prefer without the blue cheese, but every thread should be the vodka thread
  • Options
    In the words of a very wise man, vodka is for rich women on diets. Move along 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:

I love olives. There are many different types Each with their unique taste and textures. Some I love better than others. I just can’t stand those black olives that come in a can. But I love most other kinds. Capers as well. 
    I loathed olives when I was younger.  Not the case now.  My favs are kalamata, black lives in pizza and learning to like green olives.  Love capers in tuna and salmon sammies.

Dinner tonight is bbq steak with blue cheese topping, leftover pasta from the other night., fried mushrooms with butter, sea salt and a splash of Worcestershire sauce, and finally, Caesar salad.

That looks amazing. Blue cheese on steak is the best. I also think that leftover pasta is better than the first night. That whole plate of food looks perfect. 
  • Options
    I’m a one (or couple) trick pony compared to some of you fine cooks, but I do like dialing in the few things that I cook often and somewhat well. We’ve been doing a little omelette station at home lately and I’m getting it down. Trying to keep the egg around the same thickness on each side with a symmetrical fold (my OCD kicking in 😂). This was spinach, green pepper and onion. Pepper, cayenne, Parmesan and hot sauce on top. 

• Options
    That looks really good.
    Ever work on a French Omelette?
    I was semi obsessed and dialed it in for a month or so until I was really happy with consistent product.  Something simple - and I don't eat breakfast much - but damn, it is amazing.

• Options
    That looks really good.
    Ever work on a French Omelette?
    I was semi obsessed and dialed it in for a month or so until I was really happy with consistent product.  Something simple - and I don't eat breakfast much - but damn, it is amazing.

Thanks. I haven’t tried a French omelette. I’m going to have to look it up and see if I can work it in. I like trying new things and variations of foods. I usually do omelettes on weekends so I’ll plan on giving it a whirl next week. 
  • Options
    Lots of videos.  I like that smarmy bastard Ludo LeFebvre and he has a number of spots where he shows his method.
    Very basic, but like many basic things you can get better and better, quickly.  
    Let us know how you like once you make some!
  • Options
    Seafood Sunday 

• Options
    Oh yeah!
  • Options
    Oh yeah!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    This evening’s grillIng session: adobo drumsticks, jerk drumsticks, summer squash

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    ^^^ looks good dankind.

used up the leftover steak tonight with a beef and broccoli stirfry.  Added carrots and mushrooms.  The fresh ginger really makes it though.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ^^^ looks good dankind.

used up the leftover steak tonight with a beef and broccoli stirfry.  Added carrots and mushrooms.  The fresh ginger really makes it though.

Yes, please. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Tonight is leftovers:  beef stroganoff with garlic bread.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

What do you call a masturbating bull?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Lol 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876

Looks amazing. I absolutely love beef stroganoff but haven’t made it myself yet. Maybe, I will give it a try. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Beef stroganoff is something I grew up on but have never made myself either.  May have to get on that too.  Looks good!
  • Options
    MF117973 said:

Looks amazing. I absolutely love beef stroganoff but haven’t made it myself yet. Maybe, I will give it a try. 
    Beef stroganoff is something I grew up on but have never made myself either.  May have to get on that too.  Looks good!
    Highly recommend that you both make it.  It’s one of my favourite comfort foods.  I prefer it with ground beef over steak.  It feels more “homey” to me.  But to each their own.