Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    eddiec said:
    Rounds 3-5
    Nice. That's a feast.
    Is that a fish fillet in the foil?
    Yep, nothing special. Just some cod but was good
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    Grilled Opah tacos with pineapple salsa. Left over from last night. Still delicious though. 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    ^^^ looks delicious.  Tonight it’s pancakes with maple and black currant syrup served with eggs over-easy and bacon.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Mmmmmm....bacon! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Breakfast for dinner is the best. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,908
    deadendp said:
    Mmmmmm....bacon! 
    Mmmmm....pancakes!
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    hedonist said:
    Breakfast for dinner is the best. 
    I agree!  I was so excited I cut up my pancakes before I took the picture!

deadendp said:
    Mmmmmm....bacon! 
    The dogs were very pleased too!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Shredded buffalo chicken, celery, onion, blue cheese in a lettuce wrap. I love everything buffalo chicken and a bit healthier option than with a tortilla wrap. 

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited June 2020
    bbiggs said:
    Shredded buffalo chicken, celery, onion, blue cheese in a lettuce wrap. I love everything buffalo chicken and a bit healthier option than with a tortilla wrap. 

I love greens, loooooove greens.
    I have no problem with this, especially as an appetizer.  Looks delicious 👌

That being said, here comes the but...
    I'm tired of seeing people act like you can replace a tortilla, taco shell or bread with a piece of lettuce lol
    It's not a replacement, it's not similar, it isn't just as good lol 

Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ^ I'm with you!  I see people getting sandwiches in lettuce wraps.  No way.  Not this guy!  Give me a nice piece of bread or I'm taking a pass.  My wife made these out of nowhere or they probably would have been on a tortilla.  But I did appreciate them and they were tasty little snacks. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I eat some stuff with just lettuce and it can be very good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I'm with you!  I see people getting sandwiches in lettuce wraps.  No way.  Not this guy!  Give me a nice piece of bread or I'm taking a pass.  My wife made these out of nowhere or they probably would have been on a tortilla.  But I did appreciate them and they were tasty little snacks. 
    👍 Like I said, I have no problem with it as a food, but don't pretend it's a substitute of equal value, because that's bullshit lol
    Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining lol
  • Options
    I use lettuce as a wrap at least once a week, usually twice, for ground chicken/turkey.  Sometimes just make a bowl with brown/white rice, but it's nice to cut out some calories on an easy weeknight meal.
  • Options
    I’m a lettuce lover too! On its own, on a sandwich, charred romaine with garlic and Caesar dressing...mmm. 
  • Options
    Never as a wrap though, except for Chinese food. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Wrap up the tuna salad in iceberg.  One of the few times I choose iceberg over romaine.
    (Boston Bibb over the others if available)
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Never as a wrap though, except for Chinese food. 
    Usually this route when we do ground chicken. Hoisin, soy sauce, etc.

• Options
    Speaking of knives, Nothing too crazy but the wife bought this for me recently. Feels awesome and is sharp as shit 

• Options
    That looks badass.  Miyabi!
  • Options
    That thing looks awesome. I need a good, sharp knife badly. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Speaking of knives, Nothing too crazy but the wife bought this for me recently. Feels awesome and is sharp as shit 

Very nice. 
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. Pumped to put it into action 
  • Options
    Question on the knife - do you all use it primarily for slicing or chopping?  Is it meant to be used one way or the other (or another)?
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, guys. Pumped to put it into action 
    How do you normally cut? I tend to use a rocking cut, but apparently Japanese knives are thinner than western blades and that type of cut puts stress on the blade and can cause chipping. I've got one on the way so I've been looking into it lately. I think Miyabi's are on the thicker side but you might want to check it out. I definitely wouldn't cut through bones or lobsters with it though. Save that tough work for the thicker western blades.

hedonist said:
    Question on the knife - do you all use it primarily for slicing or chopping?  Is it meant to be used one way or the other (or another)?
    Cliffy's knife would be categorized as a Chef's knife. (right, Cliffy?)
    A Chef's knife is your all purpose knife which can handle just about any task. If you're going with one knife in your arsenal, defo get a Chef's knife. If you're doing a lot of butchering or making a lot of sashimi, you'd probably want to look into more task oriented knives.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    ^ good info! 
  • Options
    Thanks, eddie!
  • Options
    It's not amazeballs, and it may be part of a pyramid scheme 😂 but I love my Cutco chef's knife.
    Knives that hold an edge also take a ton of effort to put that edge on.  The surgical stainless steel is a nice medium ground, it takes an edge fast and keeps it a while.  I have some old 1970's knives that are very full, but I can't get them to take an edge.  They are some kind of vanadium steel alloy and it's too tough for it's own good.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    We got a Wüsthof set for a wedding gift about 13 years ago. They've held up OK, even though my wife treats them poorly. Seeing how she has absolutely no regard for the "hand or block" rule, I don't think we'll be getting any nicer ones.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I use Global knives. I have a few different Global knives and have used them for 15 years now. I found the European knives (Wusthof, Henkel, etc...) to be heavier and the handle to be bigger. I don't have big hands, and the Japanese knives typically have narrower handles and are lighter. Less fatigue for me when cooking all day or doing a lot of chopping.

And I'll second Gamb's comment about Cutco. It is strange, because I bought one from a college kid who was a neighbor, basically to help him out with his sales. Cutco seems to sell through college kids and at those home shows, farmers markets, etc... I did it because I knew the kid, but it turns out that the bread knife I bought is a solid cutter, and has remained perfect since I got it. And I use it all of the time.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08