What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    dankind said:
    Bad Times at the El Royale

I have no idea what that was all about. 
    I tried to tell you.  Chris Hemsworth is still the worst actor of this or any other generation.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • hedonist said:
    Harold and Maude.

Fuck, I loved Ruth Gordon.

And don't get me started on the soundtrack.  Though I was a Cat fan well before seeing the film, Trouble now brings me to tears.  That scene!

The director, Hal Ashby, also directed another of my favorites - Being There.

Fuck, I loved Peter Sellers.
    Being There is one of my favorites too. Perfect movie.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Glad to see that someone else saw this movie.
    I enjoyed it 
    Plus my cousin has a song featured in it!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Avengers End Game. dug it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Just saw the documentary 'Gaza'. Very powerful. 
    A great insight into how Palestinians live in the Gaza strip- cut off from the rest of the world. Heartbreaking how children are suffering.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Half of blackkklansman
    Half of the favourite.
    Not really the question, so I guess I'll leave..........
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Secret Obsession. I should have known better from the beginning. It was so bad. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Baby Driver. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Police Academy and Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    The Hustler (1961)
    Sideways (2004) 15th anniversary showing followed up with a Q&A with the writer/Director Alexander Payne and Paul Giamatti. It was fun and interesting to hear them discuss the making of the film.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I saw Hollywood again....even better the second time.  Great movie.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Tolkien
    Slow as hell.  I was interested in it, overall, due to my interest in him.  Not sure how much was based on his telling of his life story, but he had some shitting stuff to deal with.
    Watched through to the end because I wanted to see how far they went, but had it been called Smith, I would have shut it down.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. I liked it. Could've been way shorter (there's a lot of stuff I'd cut out) but it was still good. Like most Tarantino movies, I'll probably appreciate it more the second time around. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yeah, I'm going to go see it again in a couple weeks and am really looking forward to the 2nd go 'round.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I finally stayed awake to see all of Avengers: Infinity War.

It's the second Marvel film in which the villain comes off as the hero to me; Black Panther being the other.

Killmonger forever!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Some shitty "found footage" movie on Netflix.  Some kids go into a building, say some satanic chant or something, get chased around by some cult like people and die.
    Some shitty "found footage" movie on Netflix.  Some kids go into a building, say some satanic chant or something, get chased around by some cult like people and die.
    Oh yeah. I've seen that one.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    My never ending search to find a horror movie that's half decent. Sometimes lower budget movies like that can produce some hidden gems. Not that one.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I'm going to go see it again in a couple weeks and am really looking forward to the 2nd go 'round.
    The dog food scene was hilarious.  I don't think I noticed that the cans said "Rat flavor" and "Racoon flavor" on them the first time I saw it.

That plus the dog's reaction to the food hitting the bowl was great.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    oasis - supersonic. just found out about its existence today. good, informative doc. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    So I recently watched The Goonies in Yonkers, NY. I didn't hate it but also didn't love it. Here are a few thoughts about the movie.
    Why are they called The Goonies? They never explain that.
    Who set all those booby traps that they encounter on the way to the treasure? If it was the pirates themselves then why would they care about people finding their treasure after they are dead? Did the ship go there and then get trapped? I wasn't clear on that.
    Chunk was a very tolerant kid in this movie. If my friends had called me Chunk, I would have found new friends.
    I found it funny that they reference Gremlins in this movie as I think that flick is much better.
    The villains were fun to watch. The prison escape was a bit too easy though. He only had to knock out 1 guard to get all the way out of the building? It must be a minimum security prison.
    I may have liked this better if I had seen it in the 80s but I can't be sure. I also saw Better Off Dead for the first time this year and thought that was very good.
    I liked the music in the movie...both the score and the songs.

You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • oasis - supersonic. just found out about its existence today. good, informative doc. 
    You've seen AS IT WAS?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    oasis - supersonic. just found out about its existence today. good, informative doc. 
    You've seen AS IT WAS?

not yet
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2019
    Yefa said:
    So I recently watched The Goonies in Yonkers, NY. I didn't hate it but also didn't love it. Here are a few thoughts about the movie.
    Who set all those booby traps that they encounter on the way to the treasure? If it was the pirates themselves then why would they care about people finding their treasure after they are dead? Did the ship go there and then get trapped? I wasn't clear on that.
    Chunk was a very tolerant kid in this movie. If my friends had called me Chunk, I would have found new friends.
    I found it funny that they reference Gremlins in this movie as I think that flick is much better.
    The villains were fun to watch. The prison escape was a bit too easy though. He only had to knock out 1 guard to get all the way out of the building? It must be a minimum security prison.
    I may have liked this better if I had seen it in the 80s but I can't be sure. I also saw Better Off Dead for the first time this year and thought that was very good.

I have never seen anyone suck the fun out of a great classic movie to such an extent before.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yefa said:

I have never seen anyone suck the fun out of a great classic movie to such an extent before.
    Ha.  True.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    The Spy Who Dumped Me
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yefa said:

I don’t consider it “great” or “classic” so much as okay and overrated.  You don’t like The Beatles so I guess you only think it’s okay to go against popular opinion when you agree.
    🤷🏻‍♂️
    - Al Swearengen

- Al Swearengen

Yefa said:
    none of those movies in the 80's were really "great", they are merely awesome for the nostalgia they make us feel, as the writer mentions. and it's a fun movie. having watched it as a kid, it's impossible for me to say whether I'd like it having watched it for the first time as an adult, but all i can say is, "HEEEYYYY, YOU, GUYY-EYEYYYYS" is a classic line that almost anyone knows the context of when yelled into a crowd of 30-40 somethings. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD