What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,057

I added yesterday to my list.. worth it SC??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    I saw this after long time..very underrated film..
    The Hateful Eight by Phantom City Creative  XombieDIRGE
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited September 2023
    23scidoo said:

Yeah. One persons close quarter confrontation with Aliens is a cool idea. But just like with Mars Attacks, they should have skipped CG aliens. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 13 Days
    Kevin Costner
    Cuban Missile Crisis

Enjoyed it. 

Today I am going to start Band Of Brothers. Never watched 1 episode. Im sure it will be good. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 13 Days
    Kevin Costner
    Cuban Missile Crisis

Enjoyed it. 

Today I am going to start Band Of Brothers. Never watched 1 episode. Im sure it will be good. 
    Brothers is quite good! I recommend The Pacific, which is kind of a companion piece, but it is not alike in terms of tone and themes. It is quite dark.

Great cast in both.
  • I adore Kevin Costner
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 13 Days
    Kevin Costner
    Cuban Missile Crisis

Enjoyed it. 

Brothers is quite good! I recommend The Pacific, which is kind of a companion piece, but it is not alike in terms of tone and themes. It is quite dark.

Great cast in both.
    Too funny.
    Yes, Pacific was NEXT on my list!
  • Enjoy. That is some seriously good tv you have lined up. Both have film level production on display. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,468
    Band of Brothers. another one I didn't watch at the time it came out as HBO wasn't common in Canada. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• I adore Kevin Costner
    So I’ll throw this out there. Every time I mention it, people have no idea what I’m talking about. I think it’s underrated.

Open Range. 

Costner stars in and directs. Robert Duvall is his equal costar. Annette Benning, plus a very young Diego Luna. I really like this Western. Is it the best ever? No. Will it surprise you at how good it is? I think so. The climax is pretty awesome. 

Great look at the last days of the open West, with large land owners scooping up the open land and pushing out cowboys who would tend cattle out on the open range. Man, now I want to watch it again.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited September 2023
    Talked about Open Range, just a few days ago when people were hyping up Unforgiven. I always throw in Open range. Underrated in the (boring) western genre. Rather have a Kevin Costner- drama in a western setting, than a western-western with an overacting Gene Hackman as the villain.

Also: Bone Tomahwak :P 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Talked about Open Range, just a few days ago when people were hyping up Unforgiven. I always throw in Open range. Underrated in the (boring) western genre. Rather have a Kevin Costner- drama in a western setting, than a western-western with an overacting Gene Hackman as the villain.

Also: Bone Tomahwak :P 
    Yeah! Kurt Russel!
  • I do like Westerns though. Time for a rewatching of The Wild Bunch!
    23scidoo said:

Yeah. One persons close quarter confrontation with Aliens is a cool idea. But just like with Mars Attacks, they should have skipped CG aliens. 
    Νιce, thanks..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    I saw this after long time..very underrated film..
    The Hateful Eight by Phantom City Creative  XombieDIRGE
    Good one! Not my favorite Tarantino, but what a cast. Saw it in 70mm back during the initial release.
  • Once, in 70mm, was enough for me.
  • True Lies on Saturday...Thiiiirtyyyfiveeee milllllll

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    I adore Kevin Costner

Me too! I think he way underrated.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    True Lies on Saturday...Thiiiirtyyyfiveeee milllllll

I don’t get the love for True Lies. I thought it was average at best. What was I missing?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:

I don’t get the love for True Lies. I thought it was average at best. What was I missing?
    So jealous. What a movie! The harrier set piece on the bridge from the keys? Awesome.

And come on. Bill Paxton? I love Bill Paxton. So sad he passed. If you don’t believe me, just watch A Simple Plan and Frailty. Plus, the man was Chet and Hudson from the 80s. 

And who would have thought Tom Arnold was funny? Plus peak Arnold and Jamie Lee Curtis. Good stuff.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,541
    goldrush said:

So jealous. What a movie! The harrier set piece on the bridge from the keys? Awesome.

And come on. Bill Paxton? I love Bill Paxton. So sad he passed. If you don’t believe me, just watch A Simple Plan and Frailty. Plus, the man was Chet and Hudson from the 80s. 

And who would have thought Tom Arnold was funny? Plus peak Arnold and Jamie Lee Curtis. Good stuff.
    Curtis looked good in that movie. True Lies was one of my first cinema watches as a teenager. I had seen Dick Tracy (not a teen yet) and Schindlers List before that in the theatre.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • goldrush said:

Childhood movie. Early to mid 90s Arnold. Some cool action. 

I don’t think it is a perfect film. But. 1994 Arnold led action movie by James Cameron on an original 1994 35mm copy shown on a cinema screem. Yum. 
    The Covenant. I feel like Jake Gyllenhal is in like every second movie, especially military movies. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Somebody Up There Likes Me
    Paul Newman

One of my dad's favorites 

• The Petrified Forest
    Humphey Bogart
    Bette Davis
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • The African Queen
    Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn

If you have never watched it? Do yourself a favor, take 2 hours, and watch a masterpiece. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,861
    Yes^^^heavy into his movies for a while. Check out "lonely guy" too

Just watched "it happened one night" Clark Gable. Great oldie flick.
    Snowpiercer. not what I was expecting. it was ok. 

www.headstonesband.com