Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,306
    Nice double feature there. My family and I loved Marcel. Loved the story, stop motion animation, Marcel and his grandmother. Always try to push that movie on people and they look at me weird, but I just tell them to trust me!

Really liked Black Phone as well. Much more than I expected. I enjoy the author’s writing (Joe Hill, son of Stephen King!). More of that Blumhouse model, modest budget, try to get a good script, some decent acting, and get a big return. It was scarier than I thought it would be.
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947

never heard of this. just watched the trailer. looks like a great family movie. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

never heard of this. just watched the trailer. looks like a great family movie. 
    It’s fantastic. My whole family loved it. Please watch it!
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Nice 80s horror soundtrack to it, plus some old stuff like Billy Idol. Gnarly effects, but occasionally the story gets weird.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

Really liked that one. I think I even liked Pearl better maybe? Such different movies. Waiting to see Maxxine.
  • Options

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,395

• Options

Worth going to the cinema for?
  • Options
    I think so. It was a dark one. Considering the ending, I’d be curious to rewatch it at some point to make sure it all holds up, but I was engaged throughout. 

Off to Oppenheimer again on Wednesday. This time a non Imax 70mm. One of my friends hasn’t seen it yet and wanted to see the 70mm. The closest imax 70mm is far away and sold out for the next two weeks. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,637

Really liked that one. I think I even liked Pearl better maybe? Such different movies. Waiting to see Maxxine.
    again, Mia Goth is a goddess !!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    2023 Barbie Movie Poster 11X17 Margot Robbie Ryan Gosling Ken Hasbro Comedy    eBay

VHS - Wikipedia
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

• Options
    ^^*****
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Fuck. In Stockholm at the "Cinematheque" (shows old movies at the Swedish Film Institute theatre) they're showing pretty much every De Palma movie on 35mm this fall. AND THEY ARE SHOWING "TRUE LIES" ON 35MM!

Fuck. In Gothenburg we always get like 10% of the program. We get like 1-2 De Palma films and NO TRUE LIES. I will go watch some other films that are showing but fuck.

I HATE IT.
  • Options
    That sucks. True Lies is fantastic. Remember seeing that in the theater on summer vacation. Would love to watch The Untouchables on 35mm in the theater.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,324
    edited August 2023
    That sucks. True Lies is fantastic. Remember seeing that in the theater on summer vacation. Would love to watch The Untouchables on 35mm in the theater.
    The Untouchables is being shown in Stockholm.  They show like 2-300 films this fall. 

But because of the risk of damage (I think) with shipping the film copies, they have lowered the showings in Gothenburg from like 120 per season to 50 and most are DCP copies :( So only a few 35mm showings. Truman Show and Paper Moon are two I saw. 
  • Options
    That’s cool you have theaters showing so many films on actual film stock.

Atlanta used to have more independent art house cinemas, but we are down to just two I think. One of them consistently shows old films. Saw Die Hard and Army of Darkness there a few years ago. Very cool. The other shows current independent films. Same one I’m seeing the 70mm Oppenheimer at tonight (yeah, not an independent film, but will definitely make some money for the theater).
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,943
    My girlfriend wants to go on a Robin Williams binge.  If there are any hardcore fans, I'll take your recommendations on what to watch.

Robin williams williams eating out GIF on GIFER - by Mezilkis
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,395
    ^ good morning vietnam
    mrs doubtfire
    Good will hunting
    Insomnia
    Patch adams
    the birdcage
    Nine months
    Hook

mork n mindy
    his standup( particularly the golf segment)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    edited August 2023
    Dead Poets Society is the best Robin Williams movie in my opinion

One Hour Photo...also great, Insomnia, etc.

Actually....the World According to Garp gets my vote for the best RW...then DPS
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Second viewing. This time a 70mm, non Imax. Almost liked it better a second time now that I have the shifting timelines in the movie set in my mind. The soundtrack to this one is fantastic.

Also, went back to an old independent cinema that has recently reopened under a new owner. Still the same charming place. The lobby is now like a little old film museum.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,732
    My girlfriend wants to go on a Robin Williams binge.  If there are any hardcore fans, I'll take your recommendations on what to watch.

Worlds Greatest Dad is impactful.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Confidentially Yours 1983 Buy Movie Tickets  Showtimes in Vilnius at  Kinoafisha
    Bullets Over Broadway 1994 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,099

Awakenings was great. Also, Jumanji, and The Fisher King. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    Guardians Vol 3. It was good. That last scene was...odd. like I was watching a kids' show. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com