What was the last movie you watched?

Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
edited January 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
And was it good?

Last night I saw the Da Vinci Code. It was rubbish. Even worse than the book.
All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    30 days of night - turned it off after 40 minutes, what a pile of lizard vomit that was!!!!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford.

it were triumphant
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hmm... last weekend I got I am legend, breach and August rush. I am legend was such a fucking waste of 2 hours and 5euro :o stupid pointless stupid film... no redeeming qualities IMO.

Breach, on the other hand, was excellent... really really enjoyed that one... although I love political thrillers anyway... they should make more of them.

August Rush, I would guess 99% of people would absolutely hate that one and there were times I hated myself for watching it... but I like slush and the ending was superslushy and I couldn't help but think it was sweet :) although I'd be too embarrassed to recommend it to anyone :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Funny Games.

It was alright, bit more of a lecture on audience perceptions of violent films than an enjoyable film in itself. Nothing much happens, but the suspense is good. Haven't seen the original but from what I gather than reviews the film is shot scene for scene. The original film is only 11 years old and doesn't involve any glitzy effects so I don't see why it really needed a remake other than for people who can't be bothered to watch foreign films.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    the chris rock movie......"i think i love my wife".
    it was damn funny becuz its freakin TRUE!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    went into my DVD collection the other night and watched Out Cold....funny movie!
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    3:10 to Yuma.

Loved it.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Into the wild,Eds songs sounded so good on that movie.
    Cant touch the bottom...

London 96.
    Manchester 00.
    London 07.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Enchanted. :D

(main interest was Patrick Dempsey though. ;))

it was ok.. a "fairytale for grown ups" sort of thing, though I'm sure kids will love it. didn't take a rocket sciencist to figure out the ending either.. :rolleyes: :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Hmm... last weekend I got I am legend, breach and August rush. I am legend was such a fucking waste of 2 hours and 5euro :o stupid pointless stupid film... no redeeming qualities IMO.

Breach, on the other hand, was excellent... really really enjoyed that one... although I love political thrillers anyway... they should make more of them.

Have you seen Michael Clayton? If you haven't you should.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • oceans 13, was not a bad movie.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Juno - I thought it was wonderful.
    Michael Clayton - I have such a crush on George Clooney. Great film though.
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    I am ashamed to admit I watched a DVD of Alien vs. Predator Requiem. It was pretty bad. Very bad in fact. Right before that I watched Lord of War with Nick Cage, which was kind of cool.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Cloverfield. It was OK. A little disappointing.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • I watched 3 yesterday....

Lars and the Real Girl - Odd, but very very good I thought.

Walk Hard - Funny, but seriously stupid.

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead - Great movie.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Juno - I liked it
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    'Walk Hard.'

And it did the job..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • For those of you who watched Walk Hard - you liked it? I laughed maybe 3-times, and that was more a god, this is so fuckin' dumb laugh - but I suppose the Eddie cameo made it watchable.
  • Juno.
    Maybe it's just because i'm getting older and less tolerant but i wanted to smack that sarcastic little brat in the face. EVERY other thing she said was snotty and sarcastic.
    For those of you who watched Walk Hard - you liked it? I laughed maybe 3-times, and that was more a god, this is so fuckin' dumb laugh - but I suppose the Eddie cameo made it watchable.

It was watchable, but you have to be in a certain mood to enjoy a dumb flick like this..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Juno.
    Maybe it's just because i'm getting older and less tolerant but i wanted to smack that sarcastic little brat in the face. EVERY other thing she said was snotty and sarcastic.

And I wanted to punch the loser husband in the forehead..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    And I wanted to punch the loser husband in the forehead..

Me too!

I dunno...i just don't get the appeal of that movie. At all. Right down to the soundtrack...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I Am Legend, I think.
    I liked it, but was already a fan of the book.
    Haven't gotten around to checking out the 'alternate' version yet.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    There Will Be Blood.

Great flick!!
    mca47 wrote:
    There Will Be Blood.

Great flick!!

Loved it..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    The number 23. It wasn't too bad, better then I thought. I just thought it was ridiculous the fuss made out of number, I don't get it. I guess some people are really fanatical in the significance they put in numerology.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    The number 23. It wasn't too bad, better then I thought. I just thought it was ridiculous the fuss made out of number, I don't get it. I guess some people are really fanatical in the significance they put in numerology.

You actually watched that movie by choice? Nah, you must have lost a bet right?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    The Champ wrote:
    You actually watched that movie by choice? Nah, you must have lost a bet right?
    Yeah I had my qualms about watching but I figured what the hell....It was so bad :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    last night:

starting over in the evening

with frank langella and lili tyler

decent.

i/we watch a LOT of movies.....at home...at the theatre......LOVE em!

i have the savages at home right now to watch. i've already seen it in the theatre, REALLY good flick!

before the devil knows you're dead was quite good.....and i LOVED juno! walk hard just looks too stupid, i'll have to be desperate for a new flick before i put that on the queue. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    last weekend i watched:
    i am legend - i thought it was interesting/different. wasn't crazy about the ending but i thought will smith did a great job showing the emotional side of the isolation. was kind of emotionally draining, though. also, like in signs with the aliens, i thought the 'dark seekers' lost some of their scare appeal once they showed them. the imagination is a more powerful tool. :)

dan in real life - i love steve carrell so i wanted to check this out. i will just say it wasn't as bad as i expected it to be. :p