What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773

Second viewing. This time a 70mm, non Imax. Almost liked it better a second time now that I have the shifting timelines in the movie set in my mind. The soundtrack to this one is fantastic.

Also, went back to an old independent cinema that has recently reopened under a new owner. Still the same charming place. The lobby is now like a little old film museum.

I gotta see it again, was lucky to snag a pair of 70mm imax in Lincoln center nyc early, it’s been sold out ever since

saw the documentary on peacock other night, it was very good. Nolan participated in it… fascinating how this all went down 
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,988
    Thanks for the Robin Williams recommendations!  My girlfriend had never seen Hook, so we started with that.  Such a great movie, definitely darker than I recall at times (such as Captain Hook going on about wanting to shoot himself in the head).  Looking forward to more.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • Guardians Vol 3. It was good. That last scene was...odd. like I was watching a kids' show. 
    The one in the desert?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    Guardians Vol 3. It was good. That last scene was...odd. like I was watching a kids' show. 
    The one in the desert?
    no, the last scene of the movie, not the end credits scenes. the "dance party". 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,785

This was so much fun. Loved it.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited August 2023
    5 stars? Now I have to watch it.

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

• 5 stars? Now I have to watch it.
    Not seen it?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Not seen it?
    Nope, it’s on my list though.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited August 2023
    Not seen it?
    Nope, it’s on my list though.
    Had not seen it before either. But wellll worth watching. Below Exorcist but above French Connection out of his 70s films.
    Nice! It’ll be my next priority. Love Roy Scheider.
  • Nice! It’ll be my next priority. Love Roy Scheider.
    My mom liked watching SeaQuest.  I remember coming to visit them and my dad telling me that he disliked the show so much that it made him want to root for Jaws.  :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,927
    Barbie.

It was fantastic, highly recommend.
    Nice! It’ll be my next priority. Love Roy Scheider.
    My mom liked watching SeaQuest.  I remember coming to visit them and my dad telling me that he disliked the show so much that it made him want to root for Jaws.  :lol:

😂 Seaquest. Jonathan Brandis!
  • Nice! It’ll be my next priority. Love Roy Scheider.

😂 Seaquest. Jonathan Brandis!
    I would have rooted for Jaws to eat him as well.
    Sorry he went out the way he did, though, that sucks.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yeah, that was definitely sad. 😞 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    CROJAM95 said:

Second viewing. This time a 70mm, non Imax. Almost liked it better a second time now that I have the shifting timelines in the movie set in my mind. The soundtrack to this one is fantastic.

Also, went back to an old independent cinema that has recently reopened under a new owner. Still the same charming place. The lobby is now like a little old film museum.

I gotta see it again, was lucky to snag a pair of 70mm imax in Lincoln center nyc early, it’s been sold out ever since

saw the documentary on peacock other night, it was very good. Nolan participated in it… fascinating how this all went down 
    We saw this Saturday night....very good. Sound was amazing
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,057
    Operation Odessa - Rotten Tomatoes
    Dont Look Now 1973  Retrospective Review  Beyond The Void Horror  Podcast
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,867
    Dungeons and Dragons...took a few sittings to finish it, but was glad I did.

Heavy Metal
    Old school animation. Saw it a long time ago and forgot everything about it...still coolish and never knew John Candy did a voice on there. He's my comedy hero.  Have a couple of his flicks I never saw waiting for me.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    Loujoe said:

Heavy Metal
    Old school animation. Saw it a long time ago and forgot everything about it...still coolish and never knew John Candy did a voice on there. He's my comedy hero.  Have a couple of his flicks I never saw waiting for me.
    If you were a stoner in the 80's, that was mandatory viewing. I have almost bought the soundtrack for it a couple of times, but didn't. I probably will one of these days.  
  • Would you travel to stockholm to get to see True Lies on 35mm?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    Would you travel to stockholm to get to see True Lies on 35mm?
    No but maybe I'd go to a theater to see The Abyss. It's the only Cameron movie I haven't seen, and it's not available on any streaming services, which is strange. So like a late-20th century neagrethal, I had to buy the DVD on eBay. But the DVD sucks. I went to try and watch it, and the picture didn't take up the entire screen. I'm not talking the black bars on the top and bottom for Widescreen, I mean it looked like a poorly uploaded YouTube video (a box within a box). It was so weird because the DVD menu was full-screen. Either way, I didn't watch it because that's not how it's supposed to be watched. For Christ's sake, it's a James Cameron underwater adventure movie that he put out between Aliens and T2. How is a watchable version not available?  
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,867
    Loujoe said:

Heavy Metal
    If you were a stoner in the 80's, that was mandatory viewing. I have almost bought the soundtrack for it a couple of times, but didn't. I probably will one of these days.  
    Hence the lack of memory 🤔
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited August 2023
    No but maybe I'd go to a theater to see The Abyss. It's the only Cameron movie I haven't seen, and it's not available on any streaming services, which is strange. So like a late-20th century neagrethal, I had to buy the DVD on eBay. But the DVD sucks. I went to try and watch it, and the picture didn't take up the entire screen. I'm not talking the black bars on the top and bottom for Widescreen, I mean it looked like a poorly uploaded YouTube video (a box within a box). It was so weird because the DVD menu was full-screen. Either way, I didn't watch it because that's not how it's supposed to be watched. For Christ's sake, it's a James Cameron underwater adventure movie that he put out between Aliens and T2. How is a watchable version not available?  
    Yeah. It's famously stuck as 4:3 letterbox. Don't know if some region ever got an anamorphic release. 

The Abyss and True Lies are waiting for James Camerons work on and approval of the new HD releases, and has been waiting for years. I

True Lies has trickled out on streaming though. At least here in Europe (D+).
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    Yeah. It's famously stuck as 4:3 letterbox. Don't know if some region ever got an anamorphic release. 

The Abyss and True Lies are waiting for James Camerons work on and approval of the new HD releases, and has been waiting for years. 

True Lies has trickled out on streaming though. At least here in Europe (D+).
    I think the wait will continue. Cameron is stuck on that Pandora planet and will be for years to come. 

Frankly, I'd take it in old school 4:3 if that's all there is. But not this box within a box crap. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    How far a trip is that for you? If really want to see it, I say yes. That movie is awesome. And you get to go on a trip!