What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,542
    Everything, Everywhere, All At Once, Scream (2022) and Elemental.

Enjoyed all of them a lot. Really liked the new Scream movie. My favorite "horror" movie franchise. I thought it was fun, creepy and had some good throwbacks. Now I just need to see Scream VI.
    It's a hopeless situation...

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,785
    Worth my time? Just popped up on Max.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    I watched the Three Colours Cornetto Trilogy again over the weekend. I love all of these films so mcu!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Nice. Love those movies.
  • Worth my time? Just popped up on Max.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... It was not a bad watch, kind of enjoyable in parts (a tad long though, and a waste of Michael Keatons Batman) but a bad film. Gave it one star.  
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrush said:
    I watched the Three Colours Cornetto Trilogy again over the weekend. I love all of these films so mcu!

Was disappointed in the third one (in the cinema). I love Pierce B though.

The first two are perfect.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    goldrush said:

At World’s End definitely does not hit the bar of the first two. Hot Fuzz might be my favorite!
    Worth my time? Just popped up on Max.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... It was not a bad watch, kind of enjoyable in parts (a tad long though, and a waste of Michael Keatons Batman) but a bad film. Gave it one star.  
    Yeah, that’s what I thought. Maybe if I’ve got nothing to watch.

Sorcerer and [rec] are on deck next.

• I remember liking Rec. Was the american remake called Quarantine?

I think I will head to Stockholm for True Lies (35mm baby). I can also catch De Palmas Body Double on 35. Never sern it. Is it good? I saw that Nancys boyfriend from part 3 is starring in it. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    Dr. Strangelove

Didn't care for it. Seeing how revered it is, I expected to enjoy it as much as Paths of Glory or Full Metal Jacket, and while I think the consensus is that Dr. Strangelove is a better movie than those two (I was surprised to see it's the highest rated Kubrick movie on IMDB), I found it boring and not very funny. Yet, I could see how others would love it. Especially back in it's day. It's good Cold War satire and if you love Peter Sellers, this is the movie for you. But I just wasn't into it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I remember liking Rec. Was the american remake called Quarantine?

I think I will head to Stockholm for True Lies (35mm baby). I can also catch De Palmas Body Double on 35. Never sern it. Is it good? I saw that Nancys boyfriend from part 3 is starring in it. 
    Yes, the remake was Quarantine. I saw it and don’t remember anything at all really! I enjoyed the original last night. Probably track down the sequels and watch those as well.

Nice about True Lies! Have fun! I have not seen or heard of Body Double. Let me know how it is. Speaking of De Palma, hoping to rewatch The Untouchables soon. Really enjoyed that one.

Been on my Hulu list for awhile and heard it would be good.

This was a doozy. Rebecca Hall is fantastic. If you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks, do not watch as Hall does a fantastic job creating a portrait of someone suffering from a trauma she can’t escape. And while I’ve seen creepy Tim Roth before, he was a bit elevated in this one. The climax is crazy.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    goldrush said:

At World’s End definitely does not hit the bar of the first two. Hot Fuzz might be my favorite!
    Yeah it’s pretty close but I think Hot Fuzz just beats Shaun of the Dead for me. I do like The World’s End, but it reminds me too much of a ‘Gary King’ that I grew up with.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    matrix resurrections. 

BARF
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Been on my Hulu list for awhile and heard it would be good.

This was a doozy. Rebecca Hall is fantastic. If you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks, do not watch as Hall does a fantastic job creating a portrait of someone suffering from a trauma she can’t escape. And while I’ve seen creepy Tim Roth before, he was a bit elevated in this one. The climax is crazy.
    Creepy Tim Roth is fantastic.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,057
    Bringing Up Baby 1938 - IMDb
    80th anniversary for Alfred's favorite film!!..
    Shadow Of A Doubt another Hitchcock film that I believe would be well  suited for the stage  Movie posters Hitchcock film Film noir
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    The Phantom of the Open (it's on Netflix).

Really liked it! Very sweet, funny, touching, and based on a true story. It stars Mark Rylance, who I only became aware of when he played that hilarious social media mogul in Just Look Up. He's great.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    edited September 2023
    Till

Ugh. Of course I already knew the whole story of Emmett Till and his mother. Watching this movie still made me feel so sick and disgusted and angry. And that fuxking bitch who accused him - I am glad she's finally dead as of April. 
    It also made me wonder, not for the first time, why every black person in the South didn't pick up and move north, come what may, even if they had nothing. But I guess that question can be asked of so many severely persecuted populations, and of course I get the answer isn't simple at all, especially in terms of "the fight".
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,721
    Asteroid City

It was good, but not Wes Anderson's best, IMO (probably somewhere in the middle)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    The Master

Mr Hoffman so talented, will never forget hearing of his passing super bowl weekend when the game was here in NY. Shitty 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    PJ_Soul said:
    Till

Ugh. Of course I already knew the whole story of Emmett Till and his mother. Watching this movie still made me feel so sick and disgusted and angry. And that fuxking bitch who accused him - I am glad she's finally dead as of April. 
    It also made me wonder, not for the first time, why every black person in the South didn't pick up and move north, come what may, even if they had nothing. But I guess that question can be asked of so many severely persecuted populations, and of course I get the answer isn't simple at all, especially in terms of "the fight".
    I'm absolutely stunned it wasn't already. 

In March 2022, President Joe Biden signed the Emmett Till Anti-lynching Act of 2022, making lynching a federal hate crime.

Earlier, the bipartisan measure passed both chambers of Congress.

The legislation received pushback from three Republicans – Andrew Clyde of Georgia, Thomas Massie of Kentucky, and Chip Roy of Texas.

Each was the lone vote against the bill.

“I could not have been prouder to stand behind President Biden as he signed the Emmett Till Anti-Lynching Act into law,” National Urban League President Marc Morial stated.

“The act of lynching is a weapon of racial terror that has been used for decades, and our communities are still impacted by these hate crimes to this day,” Morial continued.

“This bill is long overdue, and I applaud President Biden and Members of Congress for their leadership in honoring Emmett Till and other lynching victims by passing this significant piece of legislation.”

According to the bill’s text, “Whoever conspires to commit any offense… shall (A) if death results from the offense, be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.” “(B) In any other case, be subjected to the same penalties as the penalties prescribed for the offense of the commission of which was the object of the conspiracy.”

Specifically, the legislation makes lynching a federal hate crime, punishable by up to life in prison.

The measure had faced defeat for over 100 years, with lawmakers attempting to pass the legislation more than 200 times.

The House finally passed the bill on a 422-3 vote.

It passed unanimously in the Senate.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• The Bear Season 2
  • The Bear Season 2
    Love this show. Fishes and Forks episodes were killer. Also, the Amsterdam episode.
  • The Bear Season 2
    Love this show. Fishes and Forks episodes were killer. Also, the Amsterdam episode.

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    edited September 2023
    Watched two from home yesterday…

The BFG with my 6 year old. I have just read it to my year 3/4 class. A solid family movie without being spectacular. 6.5/10

Once everyone was tucked up in bed I watched 65. 
    A quick flick, just over 90mins. Was ok, nothing that special to be honest. 5.5/10. 

Fathers Day in Australia today so thinking I’d like to watch Dungeons and Dragons. Although the weather for early Spring is looking gorgeous so I may have to get out instead. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The Bear Season 2

Yes, I stand corrected! 😉 
  • Tombstone is the shit. I love that movie.

How were the other two? My movie buddy and I went and saw Bottoms instead of Denzel. May catch that one this week. Saw the other is on Hulu. May check it out.