What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• PJ_Soul said:
    I thought this was pretty good!

This was a dark one! I liked it.
  • Is it better than the KISS song?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,057
    20th anniversary of this masterpiece!!
    Oldboy 2003 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited September 2023
    Gaslight with Ingrid Bergman on tuesday on 35mm

Then True Lies on the 30th on 35mm

Then Halloween on a BORING ASS DCP on Oct 31

And maybeeeeee Exorcist: Believer

My upcoming visits to the cinema
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    edited September 2023
    Omg. I am watching Crash (2004) for the first time since it came out. An Academy Award winner. Holy fuck, it is AWFUL. It is SO in your face and extreme and heavy in terms of racial tension in America that it is intolerable. Not uncomfortable. No nuance, and a terrible soundtrack too. What a horribly made film about an important topic.  And I am only like 15 minutes into the movie, lol. I am not sure I'll make it through the whole thing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Jumanji

• First on the plane to Fort Worth and the second one on the plane back to Atlanta.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Omg. I am watching Crash (2004) for the first time since it came out. An Academy Award winner. Holy fuck, it is AWFUL. It is SO in your face and extreme and heavy in terms of racial tension in America that it is intolerable. Not uncomfortable. No nuance, and a terrible soundtrack too. What a horribly made film about an important topic.  And I am only like 15 minutes into the movie, lol. I am not sure I'll make it through the whole thing.
    Cronenberg's film??..if so, i found it wired and interesting at some point. Can't remember the soundtrack..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Cronenberg's film??..if so, i found it wired and interesting at some point. Can't remember the soundtrack..
    Paul Haggis' movie.

Cronenberg's is from 1996. A few years before he starred in Jason X.
  • GASLIGHT TONIGHT

• PJ_Soul said:
    I thought it was OK and don't believe I watched again after seeing in the theatre.
    Had to laugh at your hot take review, though.  Seriously?  After 15 minutes you know that it is awful?  That the soundtrack is terrible?  
    That shit is funny.

Again, not arguing your movie review or that it is some great flick.  More laughing at throwing an ensemble film that won 3 Oscars and was nominated for another 3 after watching 15 minutes of it.  Also -- think of people's attitudes toward race in 2004 were and perhaps being extreme was the way to try and make a point?  

I watched The Flash the other day.
    After 15 minutes I felt like it was going to suck.  
    Turns out I was right.
    Perhaps your experience with Crash turned out better.  (Did you hate it all of the way through?)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I thought it was OK and don't believe I watched again after seeing in the theatre.
    Had to laugh at your hot take review, though.  Seriously?  After 15 minutes you know that it is awful?  That the soundtrack is terrible?  
    That shit is funny.

Again, not arguing your movie review or that it is some great flick.  More laughing at throwing an ensemble film that won 3 Oscars and was nominated for another 3 after watching 15 minutes of it.  Also -- think of people's attitudes toward race in 2004 were and perhaps being extreme was the way to try and make a point?  

Turns out I was right.
    Perhaps your experience with Crash turned out better.  (Did you hate it all of the way through?)

• PJ_Soul said:
    That shit is funny.

Turns out I was right.

Not my point (if movie was good or bad) -- my point was to just have a laugh at the statements made 15 mins in.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,468
    I remember liking Crash, I think, if I'm thinking of the right film. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,861
    mehhh. Kind of a cool story but not really good. 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,721
    PJ_Soul said:

One of my friends just mentioned this one to me the other day. Will have to give it a watch.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PJ_Soul said:

This kicked ass!
    PJ_Soul said:
    That shit is funny.

Turns out I was right.

It got even worse after I posted, lol. When I know, I know! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

There are 3 different Crash movies. This is the one that INSANELY won Best Picture. At best, it aged horribly.
  • Truman Show, on 35mm om tuesday. But don't know if it's worth the trip to the cinema
    PJ_Soul said:

There are 3 different Crash movies. This is the one that INSANELY won Best Picture. At best, it aged horribly.
    I just watched the trailer. I'm pretty sure this is the one I saw. Maybe I'll have to watch it again to see what you are talking about here. 

www.headstonesband.com

Tonight..
    Lapsis 2020 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    Tonight..
    Lapsis 2020 - IMDb
    How was this? It’s on a list of movies I want to see.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138

A enjoyable family movie to watch. Was quite clever in parts. Not up there in the top echelon of Disney offerings but quite good nonetheless. 6.5/10. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    23scidoo said:
    Tonight..
    Lapsis 2020 - IMDb
    How was this? It’s on a list of movies I want to see.
    I found it interesting at some point.. not something special but not a garbage either..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

first weekly Daddy Daughter movie night we watched Alien. 

www.headstonesband.com