Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    too far
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Judging by the fact I just bought Vault 9 on the EU/UK site without being logged in as a member. Membership, Analog or digital has become redundant for me.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    I’m sure the singles will be fantastic when they arrive.  And then we will move on to other complaints.  Torture follows reward follows torture...
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    MayDay10 said:
    too far
    Of course it is, lol.  I want them as much as anyone else, but is it really a big deal?  Not for me.
  • rictus58rictus58 Posts: 52
    JB16057 said:
    . The Ten Club blames the band for not getting the single and DEEP ready. How is that fair? They are both at fault here but in the end, we aren't paying the band. 
    Right. The band didn't make these promises. 10c did. And they're falling short...except for when it comes to Hawking more merch that earns them money. 
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:
    . The Ten Club blames the band for not getting the single and DEEP ready. How is that fair? They are both at fault here but in the end, we aren't paying the band. 
    Right. The band didn't make these promises. 10c did. And they're falling short...except for when it comes to Hawking more merch that earns them money. 
    The people responsible for this being late are the five dudes in the band.  Not the employees of the ten club.  They’re regular people like us working a job and when they get the songs and the go ahead from the band to start cranking them out we will be notified.  So it’s pointless to rag on the ten club... they’re a middle man between us and the band.  That’s it.  Santos doesn’t stroll into the vault and pick out a couple songs for the single every year.  It’s all on the band and your frustration lies with them.  

Does anyone really think the people at the warehouse are sitting on these singles and dragging their feet getting them manufactured?   
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Well, with the mention of a lawsuit, this thread isn't going to be around much longer. I hope Scully and Mulder can come out of retirement one more time to figure out what the cancer man has on the band now that they've gone all silent.

The truth is out there folks, but make sure you trust no one and believe the lie.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:
    The people responsible for this being late are the five dudes in the band.  Not the employees of the ten club.  They’re regular people like us working a job and when they get the songs and the go ahead from the band to start cranking them out we will be notified.  So it’s pointless to rag on the ten club... they’re a middle man between us and the band.  That’s it.  Santos doesn’t stroll into the vault and pick out a couple songs for the single every year.  It’s all on the band and your frustration lies with them.  

Does anyone really think the people at the warehouse are sitting on these singles and dragging their feet getting them manufactured?   
    Do you really think the band has a big meeting each year to decide what to issue on the single?

Someone in their management probably calls them and suggests "x", and they do it (or don't for two years).
    It's not like Eddie is pulling his hair out trying to finish some lyric, or Mike is working on a guitar riff.

The hardest part about releasing these in the past most likely has been getting approval from guest artists like Jay-Z and Beyonce and royalties for cover songs.

I can only imagine how much you all will complain when these are released and don't meet your expectations.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I say they never deliver them so this thread can go on forever. It’s nothing but entertainment to read thread after thread about missing 7” singles. Keep me coming please. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    edited August 2019
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:

So....they have no problem releasing multiple vaults, and the easy Street vinyl since we last got a 10c single. Maybe it is the bands fault. maybe not. 
     I don't really care. I blame 10c SINCE THEY WERE THE ONES WHO PROMISED THIS TO THEIR MEMBERS. They aren't entirely separate entities. It's a symbiotic relationship.
    And no. Santos probably isn't sitting on some unreleased shit cackling like Mr. Burns. But there has been zero communication to this community from them unless you email the directly. They can't even be bothered to drop a note in here. 
    Post edited by rictus58 on
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:

Do you really think the band has a big meeting each year to decide what to issue on the single?

Someone in their management probably calls them and suggests "x", and they do it (or don't for two years).
    It's not like Eddie is pulling his hair out trying to finish some lyric, or Mike is working on a guitar riff.

The hardest part about releasing these in the past most likely has been getting approval from guest artists like Jay-Z and Beyonce and royalties for cover songs.

I can only imagine how much you all will complain when these are released and don't meet your expectations.
    If you really think anyone other than the band is holding up the singles you’re out of your mind.  

rictus58 said:
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:

So....they have no problem releasing multiple vaults, and the easy Street vinyl since we last got a 10c single. Maybe it is the bands fault. maybe not. 
     I don't really care. I blame 10c SINCE THEY WERE THE ONES WHO PROMISED THIS TO THEIR MEMBERS. They aren't entirely separate entities. It's a symbiotic relationship.
    And no. Santos probably isn't sitting on some unreleased shit cackling like Mr. Burns. But there has been zero communication to this community from them unless you email the directly. They can't even be bothered to drop a note in here. 
    You can blame anyone you want to for the missing singles but you would be wasting your time.  It’s the band.  They haven’t formally toured since 2016 and they haven’t put out a record since 2013.  They have slowed down their activity and the missing singles are a symptom of that slowdown.  There’s a lot more than singles not getting done.  The vaults and the other merch make them money so that’s the reason they are being released. The band is in a lull.  I’m sure they will come out of hibernation soon and take care of the singles at some point.  And hopefully give us an album and a big tour. Until then we should find something more important to worry about. 

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:

It's not like Eddie is pulling his hair out trying to finish some lyric, or Mike is working on a guitar 
    This is exactly how they (at least in the past would) do it. They were actively involved with artwork, selecting tracks or writing new ones, etc. I'm pretty sure band literally meets and decides on it, and jeff is still involved with artwork. The problem is of late the band is never in the same room, as far as we can tell. I can't see management selecting the single 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:

You can blame anyone you want to for the missing singles but you would be wasting your time.  It’s the band.  They haven’t formally toured since 2016 and they haven’t put out a record since 2013.  They have slowed down their activity and the missing singles are a symptom of that slowdown.  There’s a lot more than singles not getting done.  The vaults and the other merch make them money so that’s the reason they are being released. The band is in a lull.  I’m sure they will come out of hibernation soon and take care of the singles at some point.  And hopefully give us an album and a big tour. Until then we should find something more important to worry about. 
    I agree 
    edited August 2019
    Nevermind. Not worth it. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Your periodic reminder that this isn't a new problem. Over the years, these things got more and more delayed and now we're here stuck at two behind. Something about this process was a real struggle for the band and Ten Club for a while.
  • This thread would be over with just a little communication from 10Club. Come on, say something! 2 years overdue is a joke ... such a slap in the face to us dedicated fans. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Someone actually complained to the BBB?!

Epic.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    This thread would be over with just a little communication from 10Club. Come on, say something! 2 years overdue is a joke ... such a slap in the face to us dedicated fans. 
    Agree.  Just talk to us 10c! 
    You guys are all crying about 2 missing 7” singles. I haven’t eaten for almost 3 years because of the missing recipes from the Deep magazines. The struggle is real.  
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I let them shit all over me to keep my member number. True story. Don't wanna rock the boat.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    This thread would be over with just a little communication from 10Club. Come on, say something! 2 years overdue is a joke ... such a slap in the face to us dedicated fans. 
    Someone posted an update from the 10c a couple pages back. They have no new information than they did back in January. 
    edited August 2019
    I get the technicality of they promised something and didn’t deliver it.  And I get the frustration with the lack of communication.  But it doesn’t matter to me because the joy Pearl Jam has given me over the years makes up for the missing singles a million times over.  

Its like when a friend  at work asks me to grab them a cup of coffee while I’m out and when I bring it to them they realize they forgot their wallet.  I happily tell them not to worry about it.  Technically they owe me the money for the coffee but I’m happy letting it go.  
    Post edited by on2legs on

• on2legs said:
     But it doesn’t matter to me because the joy Pearl Jam has given me over the years makes up for the missing singles a million times over. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    on2legs said:
     But it doesn’t matter to me because the joy Pearl Jam has given me over the years makes up for the missing singles a million times over. 

You’re catching on... keep it light.  No need for doom and gloom all the time.  =)

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    May doG bless you all, and keep you always. Love.
  • ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 242
    I’d love to see Missing from Home Shows night 2 end up on one of these singles.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    It’s not too far, we have every right to complain. It’s shady business practice and there needs to be an official response from the ten club ASAP. You can still like PJ but be pissed that they didn’t fulfill their obligations. Pearl Jam, burp or fart on a 45 record, have mike play some background music to it and ship it out. Problem solved.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    You guys are all crying about 2 missing 7” singles. I haven’t eaten for almost 3 years because of the missing recipes from the Deep magazines. The struggle is real.  
    :rofl: 
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    on2legs said:
    I get the technicality of they promised something and didn’t deliver it.  And I get the frustration with the lack of communication.  But it doesn’t matter to me because the joy Pearl Jam has given me over the years makes up for the missing singles a million times over.  

Its like when a friend  at work asks me to grab them a cup of coffee while I’m out and when I bring it to them they realize they forgot their wallet.  I happily tell them not to worry about it.  Technically they owe me the money for the coffee but I’m happy letting it go.  
    Ridiculous 
This discussion has been closed.