Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Just like I don't have to complain, you don't have to read my complaints. Did you think this thread was going to turn around to the sunshiny place you want it to be? I have every right to complain and these are all valid complaints.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited September 2019
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:
    The more I think about Tim Bierman's response, the more I question why I am a fan club member. Good point on2legs. The Ten Club announced the pre-sale of the Vault #9 vinyl in August. They say "We hope to begin shipping in Winter 2019". It also says, *Actual Artwork TBA.

Regarding the annual singles, Tim Bierman's response says, "We are in the process of producing these items and they will be delivered in due time". He also says, "But because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers".

What is the difference between these 2 items? I know the Ten Club isn't giving an exact date for Vault #9 but how can they give some time frame for an item that hasn't been purchased yet but not for multiple items that have been paid for years ago? Both are vinyl records.

I find it comical that Pearl Jam were the Record Store Day Ambassadors of 2019.
    So quit. Christ with the melodrama.
    Well there is an actual likely answer to the question in any case. For the Vault, all they have to consider is production - they would have a timeline for the art (which are basically stock along with old photos) and a time estimate coming from the manufacturers. For the singles, they are waiting on actual material. There is a huge difference.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    JB16057 said:
    Just like I don't have to complain, you don't have to read my complaints. Did you think this thread was going to turn around to the sunshiny place you want it to be? I have every right to complain and these are all valid complaints.
    Some Slack channel for Attorneys General must exist where they share all the goofy shit that comes across their desk. You've at least given hearty chuckles to some hard working public sector employees.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Some Slack channel for Attorneys General must exist where they share all the goofy shit that comes across their desk. You've at least given hearty chuckles to some hard working public sector employees.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Does that exist?
  • Options
    https://beta.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/09/09/states-us-territories-announce-broad-antitrust-investigation-google/?outputType=amp

The Washington AG's office is one of many across the country working together on an antitrust investigation of Google. When they're not finding out what's going on with unfulfilled record orders, that is.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:
    The more I think about Tim Bierman's response, the more I question why I am a fan club member. Good point on2legs. The Ten Club announced the pre-sale of the Vault #9 vinyl in August. They say "We hope to begin shipping in Winter 2019". It also says, *Actual Artwork TBA.

Regarding the annual singles, Tim Bierman's response says, "We are in the process of producing these items and they will be delivered in due time". He also says, "But because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers".

What is the difference between these 2 items? I know the Ten Club isn't giving an exact date for Vault #9 but how can they give some time frame for an item that hasn't been purchased yet but not for multiple items that have been paid for years ago? Both are vinyl records.

I find it comical that Pearl Jam were the Record Store Day Ambassadors of 2019.
    So quit. Christ with the melodrama.
    Well there is an actual likely answer to the question in any case. For the Vault, all they have to consider is production - they would have a timeline for the art (which are basically stock along with old photos) and a time estimate coming from the manufacturers. For the singles, they are waiting on actual material. There is a huge difference.
    bingo

also, god knows ho many shows they've flagged for vaults. It could have been decided 10 years ago. Or the band said, you guys decide, we don't care.

• Options
    Tim Bierman said they are in the process of producing the items so I'm assuming they have something to work with. Wouldn't it be fair to let us know where they are in the process with some detail? For all we know they've only talked about that they owe us the singles and haven't done a damn thing since. He said they are in the process so that sounds like they are actively working on them.

My point more or less was that both are vinyl and creating the vinyl isn't the issue like Tim blamed it on.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Imagine the meeting where the supervisor is assigning people to follow up on complaints:

”Ok Carl... you need to follow up on a complaint regarding an insurance company denying medical coverage to an elderly woman.  And George... I need you to follow up on this poor guy who didn’t get his holiday single.”  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,935
    edited September 2019
    JB16057 said:
    Tim Bierman said they are in the process of producing the items so I'm assuming they have something to work with. Wouldn't it be fair to let us know where they are in the process with some detail? For all we know they've only talked about that they owe us the singles and haven't done a damn thing since. He said they are in the process so that sounds like they are actively working on them.

My point more or less was that both are vinyl and creating the vinyl isn't the issue like Tim blamed it on.
    The buck stops with PJ. 

I am 99.999% certain this has to do with 10c having nothing to work with because the artwork needs to be done/approved by the band and songs have to be chosen and delivered by the band. And that is what Tim B describes as "creating a vinyl". Getting the band to actually deliver on their part.

Just look at the Do The Evolution Music Video book - it has been written and been finished for some time. But needs final approval from the band.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Imagine the meeting where the supervisor is assigning people to follow up on complaints:

”Ok Carl... you need to follow up on a complaint regarding an insurance company denying medical coverage to an elderly woman.  And George... I need you to follow up on this poor guy who didn’t get his holiday single.”  
    Ha...exactly. I guarantee it was one in a stack given to some poor Gonzaga Law intern.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:

And think of all complaints that doesn't even reach them because company men just take whatever bullshit gets thrown their way without questioning it. 

• Options
    JB16057 said:

The buck stops with PJ. 

I am 99.999% certain this has to do with 10c having nothing to work with because the artwork needs to be done/approved by the band and songs have to be chosen and delivered by the band. And that is what Tim B describes as "creating a vinyl.

Just look at the Do The Evolution Music Video book - it has been written and been finished for some time. But needs final approval from the band.
    On this, we agree. It's been a problem getting worse for like 15 years.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:

And think of all complaints that doesn't even reach them because company men just take whatever bullshit gets thrown their way without questioning it. 

Yes, so much other inconsequential tripe that they are spared of dealing with thanks to proper judgment
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:

Yes, so much other inconsequential tripe that they are spared of dealing with thanks to proper judgment

• Options
    I’d much rather the band devote energy to the new album. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited September 2019
    on2legs said:
    I’d much rather the band devote energy to the new album. 
    Yes. They should just tell Tim B "Pick two unreleased songs. Whatever and have Munk One do the artwork, so we can focus on the new album."

I think everyone would be fine with that.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i'm not really sure why people have to get so bent out of shape when someone has a complaint, whether they deem it valid or otherwise. if you agree with it, fine. if you don't, also fine, but you don't have to act all self-righteous in the process.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    i'm not really sure why people have to get so bent out of shape when someone has a complaint, whether they deem it valid or otherwise. if you agree with it, fine. if you don't, also fine, but you don't have to act all self-righteous in the process.
    You need to cut and paste definitions of words like “self-righteous” if you want fit in around here! 😜

• Options
    Dude wrote a state AG's office over late fulfillment of a rock band fan club benefit. If you can't take the piss out of that, I don't know what to tell ya.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    You need to cut and paste definitions of words like “self-righteous” if you want fit in around here! 😜
    Are ye madferit?
  • Options
    A better complaint to the AG would have been that the band hasn’t put out a new album in 6 years.  

• Options
    edited September 2019
    pjl44 said:
    Dude wrote a state AG's office over late fulfillment of a rock band fan club benefit. If you can't take the piss out of that, I don't know what to tell ya.
    Nothing sadder than fans feeling the need to put down and be condescending towards other fans, for caring about issues regarding the club.

It's like Derry in here. On the 27th year.
  • Options
    The state AG's office is who handles consumer complaints. I am a consumer. I have a valid complaint. You don't have to agree nor do you have to worry about other valid complaints being overlooked.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    The state AG's office is who handles consumer complaints. I am a consumer. I have a valid complaint. You don't have to agree nor do you have to worry about other valid complaints being overlooked.
    Just curious... what is the disposition of your complaint?  Is the AG taking any action against the ten club?

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    Nothing sadder than fans feeling the need to put down and be condescending towards other fans, for caring about issues regarding the club.

Wherein "caring about issues" manifests as obnoxiously filing a formal complaint with the state
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjl44 said:
    i generally try not to take the piss out of anything. it's just funny how people rag on someone for caring so much about something as to complain about it, yet they care enough to take the piss out of someone caring about said thing. 

people don't see the irony in that?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited September 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Wherein "caring about issues" manifests as obnoxiously filing a formal complaint with the state
    What's obnoxious about it exactly?

You do know these singles have not been produced and delivered for like... 2 years now? Or is it even longer?
  • Options
    There is no greater act of caring than a completely disproportionate attempt to fuck with the fan club of a rock band you claim to love. I want to see the order history of every person wringing their hands over this.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    mace1229 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Does that exist?
    This public employee says yes, absolutely. But that's in Canada. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.