Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    i don't think many are wringing their hands over this. i think there are a very minor few, and people come here to bitch and complain about the ones they perceive as bitching and complaining and act as if it's the majority. 

it annoys me that it's so frickin' late. does it keep me up at night? no. it's a valid complaint, whether you like it or not. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    I thought the AG complaint was a bridge too far when we first heard about it. But I won't lie, I'm glad it actually forced Tim Bierman to comment on the issue.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    People complaining forced Tim Bierman to comment on it.

People complaining forced Kelly Curtis to come on this board and answer to things.

People not complaining on the other hand. Not really doing much.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,127
    edited September 2019
    Jokes aside, if I were Tim and I had the complainant's name, I'd recognize his concern, issue a refund of the 2 years of dues, and cancel his membership. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    JimmyV said:
    I thought the AG complaint was a bridge too far when we first heard about it. But I won't lie, I'm glad it actually forced Tim Bierman to comment on the issue.
    I just want to know if the AG’s investigation ends with no arrests does that mean we won’t see anymore posts from all the legal scholars here declaring “breach of contract” and “fraud”?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    edited September 2019
    pjl44 said:
    Jokes aside, if I were Tim and I had the complainant's name, I'd recognize his concern, issue a refund of the 2 years of dues, and cancel his membership. 
    I'd tell him/her how truly sorry I was. Refund the two years of dues, giving the single for free and not feel any need to cancel any membership. Because the fucking up and radio silence on the matter would be on me.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    edited September 2019

John Connor: So man, let's say you've fucked up. Really fucked up. Like royally. How would you deal with it dude?
    T-800: I'd recognize his concern

• Options
    Bu anyways, will be a fiiiiiiine day when they arrive. And more so the DEEP magazines. Yummy. 

• Options
    People complaining forced Tim Bierman to comment on it.

People complaining forced Kelly Curtis to come on this board and answer to things.

People not complaining on the other hand. Not really doing much.
    Complaining or not complaining, its not like either has an effect. So good job everyone?

• Options
    People kept saying if you really care about the issue, do something about it. Someone tried to do something about it, and the same people say woah that is too much? Ha 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I mainly want caffeine without the calories of soda and the carcinogens in Diet Coke.  Still drink 5-7 diet cokes a day though.  Gotta die of something.
     :o 
    he needs some zither strength. 
    I'm starting the gofund me for his eventual dialysis.
    I am going to try to quit cold turkey.  Tomorrow, 2 coffees and constant water.
  • Options
    "We are in the process of producing these items"

Call me what you will but I am taking that phrase as a positive.  I haven't cared much for the recent singles and downgraded my membership to digital because of the lameness of the singles, but the knowledge that there are (to some degree) imminent releases of new Pearl Jam music makes me happy.  
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    on2legs said:
    I wish I was secretly a ten club employee.  Then I wouldn’t have sent myself the wolf pig poster in my mystery box. 
    lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    on2legs said:
    A better complaint to the AG would have been that the band hasn’t put out a new album in 6 years.  
    you're on a roll....lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    mace1229 said:
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Just like I don't have to complain, you don't have to read my complaints. Did you think this thread was going to turn around to the sunshiny place you want it to be? I have every right to complain and these are all valid complaints.
    Some Slack channel for Attorneys General must exist where they share all the goofy shit that comes across their desk. You've at least given hearty chuckles to some hard working public sector employees.
    Does that exist?
    Can't this lame talking point die already? Public sector employees are more highly educated than average private sector employees and are underpaid to comparative private sector positions.

Unless you are talking about Trump. Then yes, I agree.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    verceman said:
     imminent releases of new Pearl Jam music makes me happy.  
    That's pretty optimistic when we know it's gonna be a recording from some festival of a song we already have at least five different live versions of.
    Just officially release Cold Confession and/or Let it Ride and go out on a high note I say
  • Options
    People kept saying if you really care about the issue, do something about it. Someone tried to do something about it, and the same people say woah that is too much? Ha 
    It's possible to do something and for that thing to be embarrassing. Another example would be picketing outside 10C HQ.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited September 2019
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:
    . The Ten Club blames the band for not getting the single and DEEP ready. How is that fair? They are both at fault here but in the end, we aren't paying the band. 
    Right. The band didn't make these promises. 10c did. And they're falling short...except for when it comes to Hawking more merch that earns them money. 
    The people responsible for this being late are the five dudes in the band.  Not the employees of the ten club.  They’re regular people like us working a job and when they get the songs and the go ahead from the band to start cranking them out we will be notified.  So it’s pointless to rag on the ten club... they’re a middle man between us and the band.  That’s it.  Santos doesn’t stroll into the vault and pick out a couple songs for the single every year.  It’s all on the band and your frustration lies with them.  

Does anyone really think the people at the warehouse are sitting on these singles and dragging their feet getting them manufactured?   
    Do you really think the band has a big meeting each year to decide what to issue on the single?

Someone in their management probably calls them and suggests "x", and they do it (or don't for two years).
    It's not like Eddie is pulling his hair out trying to finish some lyric, or Mike is working on a guitar riff.

The hardest part about releasing these in the past most likely has been getting approval from guest artists like Jay-Z and Beyonce and royalties for cover songs.

I can only imagine how much you all will complain when these are released and don't meet your expectations.

Hold on though...honest question here:

The 10C singles have always been considered promotional items which are given to members. Years ago, they "sold" past singles to members for zero dollars plus $2 shipping per single.

Question part: Do royalties need to be paid out if the cover songs are distributed for free?
    They actually NEVER did that. They were on sale for about $10 a piece, plus shipping. (https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/206652/holiday-singles)    Also some of the Deep were on sale at some point, and also $10 at piece. So, yeah, I guess this is the answer to your question.
    Back to more funny things: I always have my coffee macchiato in the morning, and a nice tazzina (little cup) of espresso after lunch. In the summer sometimes I have me some nice iced coffed after dinner, or in the afternoon.

Not from what I remember circa 2003 or 2004. We had to send our credit card numbers via email...or at least that's what I did. It's how I got 94 and 96-00 and I think even the 2002.

I distinctly remember the mentioning how they couldn't be sold, but "we can charge $2 shipping per record."
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,509
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I mainly want caffeine without the calories of soda and the carcinogens in Diet Coke.  Still drink 5-7 diet cokes a day though.  Gotta die of something.
     :o 
    he needs some zither strength. 
    I'm starting the gofund me for his eventual dialysis.
    I am going to try to quit cold turkey.  Tomorrow, 2 coffees and constant water.
    There you go. Good work!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:
    . The Ten Club blames the band for not getting the single and DEEP ready. How is that fair? They are both at fault here but in the end, we aren't paying the band. 
    Right. The band didn't make these promises. 10c did. And they're falling short...except for when it comes to Hawking more merch that earns them money. 
    The people responsible for this being late are the five dudes in the band.  Not the employees of the ten club.  They’re regular people like us working a job and when they get the songs and the go ahead from the band to start cranking them out we will be notified.  So it’s pointless to rag on the ten club... they’re a middle man between us and the band.  That’s it.  Santos doesn’t stroll into the vault and pick out a couple songs for the single every year.  It’s all on the band and your frustration lies with them.  

Does anyone really think the people at the warehouse are sitting on these singles and dragging their feet getting them manufactured?   
    Do you really think the band has a big meeting each year to decide what to issue on the single?

Someone in their management probably calls them and suggests "x", and they do it (or don't for two years).
    It's not like Eddie is pulling his hair out trying to finish some lyric, or Mike is working on a guitar riff.

The hardest part about releasing these in the past most likely has been getting approval from guest artists like Jay-Z and Beyonce and royalties for cover songs.

I can only imagine how much you all will complain when these are released and don't meet your expectations.

Hold on though...honest question here:

The 10C singles have always been considered promotional items which are given to members. Years ago, they "sold" past singles to members for zero dollars plus $2 shipping per single.

Question part: Do royalties need to be paid out if the cover songs are distributed for free?
    They actually NEVER did that. They were on sale for about $10 a piece, plus shipping. (https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/206652/holiday-singles)    Also some of the Deep were on sale at some point, and also $10 at piece. So, yeah, I guess this is the answer to your question.
    Back to more funny things: I always have my coffee macchiato in the morning, and a nice tazzina (little cup) of espresso after lunch. In the summer sometimes I have me some nice iced coffed after dinner, or in the afternoon.

Not from what I remember circa 2003 or 2004. We had to send our credit card numbers via email...or at least that's what I did. It's how I got 94 and 96-00 and I think even the 2002.

I distinctly remember the mentioning how they couldn't be sold, but "we can charge $2 shipping per record."
    This. They were definitely free a while back
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited September 2019
    deleted by Admin. Name calling is not ok. Please see the Posting Guidelines.

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    A better complaint to the AG would have been that the band hasn’t put out a new album in 6 years.  
    That complaint would have no bearing. That would be one of those "inconsequential tripe" complaints pjl44 was talking about that never reaches anyone's desk because we, the consumer, have not paid for a new album nor has one been promised to us. 
    Take a deep breath.  My post was pure sarcasm.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    That complaint would have no bearing. That would be one of those "inconsequential tripe" complaints pjl44 was talking about that never reaches anyone's desk because we, the consumer, have not paid for a new album nor has one been promised to us. 
    Take a deep breath.  My post was pure sarcasm.  
    I know...
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    How people like to act all cool on the internet and pretend they don't care? "Get a life dude, you seriously wasting time on this?"
    Think what you want about it, people are free to do what they want with their time. We have a legit complaint here, some just wait to see what happen and don't really bother too much with it, some are going to file legal complaints, some are going to post very useful gifs of people eating popcorns or beating some poor dead horse, some don't care at all... 
    ..and yes, then there are the most annoying ones: those who complain about people who complain.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    There is no greater act of caring than a completely disproportionate attempt to fuck with the fan club of a rock band you claim to love. I want to see the order history of every person wringing their hands over this.
    How about you just quit being a condescending prick. I want to see that.
    I'm on the right side of this one, guy who made an angry earnest response to a joke
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Does seem like the Ten Club White Knights may want to take their own advice here. There are many things that aren't a big deal. In the grand scheme of things that includes the missing singles. But it also includes other people's thoughts on the matter and complaints. Take a deep breath. Scroll by. It will all be fine.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    There is no greater act of caring than a completely disproportionate attempt to fuck with the fan club of a rock band you claim to love. I want to see the order history of every person wringing their hands over this.
    How about you just quit being a condescending prick. I want to see that.
    I'm on the right side of this one, guy who made an angry earnest response to a joke
    Actually you are not. You are closer to how Dyer described it. 
  • Options
    How Big are the chances the singles will end up arrivibg before 2020?

Im thinking 62%
  • Options
    How people like to act all cool on the internet and pretend they don't care? "Get a life dude, you seriously wasting time on this?"
    Think what you want about it, people are free to do what they want with their time. We have a legit complaint here, some just wait to see what happen and don't really bother too much with it, some are going to file legal complaints, some are going to post very useful gifs of people eating popcorns or beating some poor dead horse, some don't care at all... 
    ..and yes, then there are the most annoying ones: those who complain about people who complain.
    And then you have the people who complain about the people who complain about the people complaining. 

This discussion has been closed.