Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You guys every try a French press at home? I always wanted one.  
    Yeah, it's the best. My go-to most mornings also. Just grab the $20 Bodum and get after it.
    I m gonna look on amazon ASAP.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • EnzedEnzed Posts: 486
    It's like you americans don't know what's what about coffee!

I variously use a vietnamese phin filter, your 'french press' bodum thing, but the best one is the Bialetti Stovetop Espresso maker - and for god's sake use good quality freshly ground coffee or you may as well be drinking dirt.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    I mainly want caffeine without the calories of soda and the carcinogens in Diet Coke.  Still drink 5-7 diet cokes a day though.  Gotta die of something.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    edited August 2019
    Enzed said:

I variously use a vietnamese phin filter, your 'french press' bodum thing, but the best one is the Bialetti Stovetop Espresso maker - and for god's sake use good quality freshly ground coffee or you may as well be drinking dirt.
    Espresso is more of a time-and-place thing here. I need volume in the morning and six shots would put me on Jupiter.
    Enzed said:

Espresso isn’t my thing, way too strong for me. 
  • jammalambo thanks for the hard gem!  
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    It’s too damn hot here in hell for coffee. Sugar free energy drinks all day and water. Yum. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    Maybe someone should start a contest:  guess how many days until the 2 missing singles are released and win a free cup of coffee... from a vending machine. 

Dennis Becker to Jim Rockford:  "You live high on the hog, don't you Jim."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    America runs on Dunkin'.
    Whenever we’re in the States my wife has to get her Dunkin on. 

8 pump venti toffee nut latte for me. 
    When we travel I always joke that the best hotel room view is a Dunkin within walking distance.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    mcgruff10 said:
    You guys every try a French press at home? I always wanted one.  
    Best way to make cold brew (hence mistakenly calling it cold "press").
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    It’s too damn hot here in hell for coffee. Sugar free energy drinks all day and water. Yum. 
    Iced coffee only please
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited August 2019
    Did you know that when Detective Mills put's down a takeaway coffee-cup on his desk in a scene Se7en, the sound is from a ceramic mug.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,898
    I’m currently at 3 cups a day.  One when I wake up, one around 10am and a third at 3pm.  Too much? Average? I could really drink it all day but I know that wouldn’t be great.  But I really love coffee.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• EnzedEnzed Posts: 486
    Mods please rename post to Pearl Jam coffee lovers.

Better yet create a new board.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    America runs on Dunkin'.
    Whenever we’re in the States my wife has to get her Dunkin on. 

8 pump venti toffee nut latte for me. 
    When we travel I always joke that the best hotel room view is a Dunkin within walking distance.
    https://youtu.be/nOZrTkBghjo
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    on2legs said:
    I’m currently at 3 cups a day.  One when I wake up, one around 10am and a third at 3pm.  Too much? Average? I could really drink it all day but I know that wouldn’t be great.  But I really love coffee.  =)
    I drink 3-5 cups a day.  Usually 3 in the am and one or two in the afternoon. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Enzed said:

I think we collectively figured out that two bags of PJ themed coffee would replace the singles.  Teaming up with a local Seattle company would suffice. 
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Enzed said:

I think we collectively figured out that two bags of PJ themed coffee would replace the singles.  Teaming up with a local Seattle company would suffice. 
    Then people on here would bitch because they want a dark roast and all they sent was Breakfast Blend. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    Enzed said:

Then people on here would bitch because they want a dark roast and all they sent was Breakfast Blend. 
    If someone sent me some weak ass breakfast blend instead of 2 records, we'd have words
    pjl44 said:
    Enzed said:

If someone sent me some weak ass breakfast blend instead of 2 records, we'd have words
    People drink breakfast blend?!?! 
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Enzed said:

People drink breakfast blend?!?! 
    Maybe their kids. Or dog.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,802
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:
    . The Ten Club blames the band for not getting the single and DEEP ready. How is that fair? They are both at fault here but in the end, we aren't paying the band. 
    Right. The band didn't make these promises. 10c did. And they're falling short...except for when it comes to Hawking more merch that earns them money. 
    The people responsible for this being late are the five dudes in the band.  Not the employees of the ten club.  They’re regular people like us working a job and when they get the songs and the go ahead from the band to start cranking them out we will be notified.  So it’s pointless to rag on the ten club... they’re a middle man between us and the band.  That’s it.  Santos doesn’t stroll into the vault and pick out a couple songs for the single every year.  It’s all on the band and your frustration lies with them.  

Does anyone really think the people at the warehouse are sitting on these singles and dragging their feet getting them manufactured?   
    Do you really think the band has a big meeting each year to decide what to issue on the single?

Someone in their management probably calls them and suggests "x", and they do it (or don't for two years).
    It's not like Eddie is pulling his hair out trying to finish some lyric, or Mike is working on a guitar riff.

The hardest part about releasing these in the past most likely has been getting approval from guest artists like Jay-Z and Beyonce and royalties for cover songs.

I can only imagine how much you all will complain when these are released and don't meet your expectations.

Hold on though...honest question here:

The 10C singles have always been considered promotional items which are given to members. Years ago, they "sold" past singles to members for zero dollars plus $2 shipping per single.

Question part: Do royalties need to be paid out if the cover songs are distributed for free?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ManUnitedManUnited Posts: 160
    Love Rook but my other favorite is booskerdoo. Give it a try if in NJ (Monmouth county area)
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,308
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:
    . The Ten Club blames the band for not getting the single and DEEP ready. How is that fair? They are both at fault here but in the end, we aren't paying the band. 
    Right. The band didn't make these promises. 10c did. And they're falling short...except for when it comes to Hawking more merch that earns them money. 
    The people responsible for this being late are the five dudes in the band.  Not the employees of the ten club.  They’re regular people like us working a job and when they get the songs and the go ahead from the band to start cranking them out we will be notified.  So it’s pointless to rag on the ten club... they’re a middle man between us and the band.  That’s it.  Santos doesn’t stroll into the vault and pick out a couple songs for the single every year.  It’s all on the band and your frustration lies with them.  

Does anyone really think the people at the warehouse are sitting on these singles and dragging their feet getting them manufactured?   
    Do you really think the band has a big meeting each year to decide what to issue on the single?

Someone in their management probably calls them and suggests "x", and they do it (or don't for two years).
    It's not like Eddie is pulling his hair out trying to finish some lyric, or Mike is working on a guitar riff.

The hardest part about releasing these in the past most likely has been getting approval from guest artists like Jay-Z and Beyonce and royalties for cover songs.

I can only imagine how much you all will complain when these are released and don't meet your expectations.

The 10C singles have always been considered promotional items which are given to members. Years ago, they "sold" past singles to members for zero dollars plus $2 shipping per single.

Question part: Do royalties need to be paid out if the cover songs are distributed for free?
    If something is a "free" or "bonus" then it can't have cover songs. This is why all the Dead bonus discs do not. Dead archivist Dave lemieux discussed this earlier this year 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,802
    edited August 2019
    What would be absolutely wild...

Bugs from 10/31/2009
    Lukin from 10/22/2003 OR 5/2/2010

But they won't...and they probably shouldn't.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • What would be absolutely wild...

Bugs from 10/31/2009
    Lukin from 10/22/2003 OR 5/2/2010

But they won't...and they probably shouldn't.
    Already released. So no.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited August 2019
    on2legs said:
    rictus58 said:
    JB16057 said:

They actually NEVER did that. They were on sale for about $10 a piece, plus shipping. (https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/206652/holiday-singles)    Also some of the Deep were on sale at some point, and also $10 at piece. So, yeah, I guess this is the answer to your question.
    Back to more funny things: I always have my coffee macchiato in the morning, and a nice tazzina (little cup) of espresso after lunch. In the summer sometimes I have me some nice iced coffed after dinner, or in the afternoon.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,893
    ^^^ I got a 2009 & 2008 for free in 2012 from shop^^^maybe they only did this occasionally.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^ I got a 2009 & 2008 for free in 2012 from shop^^^maybe they only did this occasionally.
    cool. I also remember ordering some of them (more than 10 years ago), by emailing them and asking if they had any leftovers of old singles. They had 95, 99, and a couple others, and I'm not sure about the price, but maybe $5 each.
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    they did have the singles available in the mid/late 90's for free and you only had to pay shipping
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
This discussion has been closed.