Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    JimmyV said:
    Does seem like the Ten Club White Knights may want to take their own advice here. There are many things that aren't a big deal. In the grand scheme of things that includes the missing singles. But it also includes other people's thoughts on the matter and complaints. Take a deep breath. Scroll by. It will all be fine.
    Exactly. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,128
    If there's any question why the Ten Club has publicly expressed contempt toward a segment of their fanbase, look at how people will line up behind a person who feels it's appropriate to get the state AG's office involved over a pair of $10 records
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    If there's any question why the Ten Club has publicly expressed contempt toward a segment of their fanbase, look at how people will line up behind a person who feels it's appropriate to get the state AG's office involved over a pair of $10 records
    no one said anything about it being appropriate. it was only stated, as far as I saw, that the person had a right to do it. would I have gone that route? no. would most? no. 

people like you keep asking the question "why do you care so much? don't you have better things to do in your life?". the same could be said about people like you. why do you give a shit what someone does with their time? why does it stick in your craw so much?

I don't give two fucks what people around here complain about. it's the holier than thou attitude that bothers me though. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    no one said anything about it being appropriate. it was only stated, as far as I saw, that the person had a right to do it. would I have gone that route? no. would most? no. 

people like you keep asking the question "why do you care so much? don't you have better things to do in your life?". the same could be said about people like you. why do you give a shit what someone does with their time? why does it stick in your craw so much?

I don't give two fucks what people around here complain about. it's the holier than thou attitude that bothers me though. 
    I didn't ask any of those questions. You're making things up in your head and arguing with yourself. I'm saying what that guy did is a dick move and worthy of mockery.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    on2legs said:
    How people like to act all cool on the internet and pretend they don't care? "Get a life dude, you seriously wasting time on this?"
    Think what you want about it, people are free to do what they want with their time. We have a legit complaint here, some just wait to see what happen and don't really bother too much with it, some are going to file legal complaints, some are going to post very useful gifs of people eating popcorns or beating some poor dead horse, some don't care at all... 
    ..and yes, then there are the most annoying ones: those who complain about people who complain.
    And then you have the people who complain about the people who complain about the people complaining. 
    Well, at least those people don't act like self-righteous TC employees in disguise.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I didn't ask any of those questions. You're making things up in your head and arguing with yourself. I'm saying what that guy did is a dick move and worthy of mockery.
    yeah, that's the holier than thou attitude I was talking about. and I said "people like you". not making anything up. I didn't say you stated those things explicitly. 

enjoy your continued mockery of people on the internet. I hope it's fulfilling. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Despite what you think, this won't get you a better chance at tickets through the lottery.

You mention it's over a pair of $10.  By my math that's $20.  How many fan club members from those years?  It's a pretty decent amount of $ they've taken in.  I mean, not as much as on the vinyl they made and sold separately, but still a good amount of $.  

I'm not sure why people get all upset and feel like they have to defend the 10C against complaints.  Especially this one.   I certainly wasn't going to take the time to do that over the fan club singles, but it seems like it was worth it for them.  And...it's the only time Tim has commented on this in a long time...so it actually got a response.  One could argue it was the only effective thing anyone has done in regards to this.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,785
    I hope we never get the singles so this thread can go on until I die.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

and here's the self-righteousness I was talking about.. You may call that action very inappropriate, in your opinion.. In my opinion, it's indeed a little too much. But so what? What you just said speak for itself.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

yeah, that's the holier than thou attitude I was talking about. and I said "people like you". not making anything up. I didn't say you stated those things explicitly. 

It's because you know I have a point and the only way to argue it is to lump in a bunch of made-up nonsense from "other people."
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    A complaint with the Attorney General Office??  Wow.  I want the vinyl as much as the next fan but WOW.  To each their own I guess.
  • Options
    I have said it before, I can't remember what page it was on, but I fully expect that the makegood for this mishap will be fantastic while late.  And even when that is announced, inevitability there will still be complaints about the content and that it happened at all.

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    I have said it before, I can't remember what page it was on, but I fully expect that the makegood for this mishap will be fantastic while late.  And even when that is announced, inevitability there will still be complaints about the content and that it happened at all.

I feel like you particularly enjoy to be a pessimist one.
  • Options
    A complaint with the Attorney General Office??  Wow.  I want the vinyl as much as the next fan but WOW.  To each their own I guess.

on2legs said:
    How people like to act all cool on the internet and pretend they don't care? "Get a life dude, you seriously wasting time on this?"
    Think what you want about it, people are free to do what they want with their time. We have a legit complaint here, some just wait to see what happen and don't really bother too much with it, some are going to file legal complaints, some are going to post very useful gifs of people eating popcorns or beating some poor dead horse, some don't care at all... 
    ..and yes, then there are the most annoying ones: those who complain about people who complain.
    And then you have the people who complain about the people who complain about the people complaining. 
    It actually forced a response though after atleast a year of complete radio silence from the club sitting on a Big pile of money from members for those singles. 

Its not like the newsletters have been so brim full of content they couldn’t fit an update during this time. 

So Whatever. It got a response. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PB11041 said:

I feel like you particularly enjoy to be a pessimist one.
    Uh. Ok.

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

It's because you know I have a point and the only way to argue it is to lump in a bunch of made-up nonsense from "other people."
    nothing is made up. and no, you don't have a point. you're being self righteous. taking pride in mocking people. you didn't answer why this bugs you so much? at least he had a legit complaint. you don't.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Wonder if we'll get a version of Tim's response in today's newsletter.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    I hope we never get the singles so this thread can go on until I die.
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

on2legs said:
    It actually forced a response though after atleast a year of complete radio silence from the club sitting on a Big pile of money from members for those singles. 

Its not like the newsletters have been so brim full of content they couldn’t fit an update during this time. 

As I said to each their own...but my opinion is its a bit embarrassing as a fan to see a fellow fan take it this far.  All over a fan club single of a rock band you love that you know eventually will be delivered.  
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    JimmyV said:
    Tim's response was not much more than the responses people got when they actually emailed the Ten Club about it. It isn't any new information.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options

on2legs said:

As I said to each their own...but my opinion is its a bit embarrassing as a fan to see a fellow fan take it this far.  All over a fan club single of a rock band you love that you know eventually will be delivered.  
    now THIS is the response I'd expect from an adult. take note. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    RP112579 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Tim's response was not much more than the responses people got when they actually emailed the Ten Club about it. It isn't any new information.
    Yes, I know. But if my office got an inquiry from the Attorney General and we had a newsletter scheduled to go out, it certainly would provide an update, any update, to customers.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    on2legs said:
    Well, at least those people don't act like self-righteous TC employees in disguise.
    I’m actually a bot.  Programmed to be pro-ten club.  😀
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,939
    edited September 2019
    Please see the Posting Guidelines. Name calling, personal attacks, etc are not ok. Thank you

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

nothing is made up. and no, you don't have a point. you're being self righteous. taking pride in mocking people. you didn't answer why this bugs you so much? at least he had a legit complaint. you don't.  
    The Ten Club has brought me a great deal of joy over the years. It bugs me to see a "fan" try to use the state AG's office to some end over 2 unfulfilled records. Request a refund, cancel your membership, or stop spending money? That strikes me as an appropriate consumer response to a business with a long delay in shipping $20 of goods. But we all understand why few people (if anyone) go that route. It also bugs me that other "fans" either see that as appropriate or at least won't call it out. If my neighbor blows leaves into my yard, I don't throw a rock through his window.
  • Options
    Let's see if it works once again (different beverage)...
    Which one do you prefer?
    this:
    or this:

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    Tim’s response was the same info myself and others have posted multiple times in this thread.  The delay is on the band and not within the employees control.  Common sense if you have any idea how a rock band operates.  Did we really need the AG to get involved?

These guys are in a rock band.  They don’t have a 9-5 gig like the rest of the world.  They do stuff on their own time. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

The Ten Club has brought me a great deal of joy over the years. It bugs me to see a "fan" try to use the state AG's office to some end over 2 unfulfilled records. Request a refund, cancel your membership, or stop spending money? That strikes me as an appropriate consumer response to a business with a long delay in shipping $20 of goods. But we all understand why few people (if anyone) go that route. It also bugs me that other "fans" either see that as appropriate or at least won't call it out. If my neighbor blows leaves into my yard, I don't throw a rock through his window.
    Stop using logic and making sense 
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    I mean it sucks it has taken this long but at this point there is no use worrying about it and when they come you can be pleasantly surprised.  They’ve dug themselves in such a big hole that whatever they put out now will be somewhat disappointing because of the wait, which is weird because pressing a 7” is so fucking easy especially with as much material as they have.  Slap a rare live song and a live cover boom 7” done.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    pjl44 said:

You've spent more time trying to mock me than I did sending a complaint to the AG's office. I requested information from the Ten Club regarding the singles and they refused to respond. One of the AG's main jobs is to deal with consumer complaints. I am a consumer. I have a valid complaint. I did what I did and I got an official response back from the general manager of the Ten Club. When I sent in my complaint to the AG's office, it had been 7 months since an official response from the Ten Club. If you want to keep dragging this out, go ahead and waste your time saying the same thing over and over and over.
This discussion has been closed.